Geriatric Doctor

1,351 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jphil1
jphil1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are moving to BSC next year. Both of us are over 65. We were looking for a female geriatric doctor. Are there any recommendations?
AG'73
Sleepnumber
AG
jphil1 said:

We are moving to BSC next year. Both of us are over 65. We were looking for a female geriatric doctor. Are there any recommendations?
Dr. Ume-Kakwan at St Joseph's on Villa Maria West. I like her a lot and she is a trained geriatrician. One caution----she has a VERY strong Indian accent and communication is sometimes hard. Wearing a mask doesn't make it any better. In spite of that, she's a competent doc and knows what she is doing.
lifeincartoonmotion
AG
I worked in long term care for a few years and second Dr Kakwan. She was one of the few who seemed to actually care and spent a lot of time with her patients and advocating for them with staff. All her patients at our facility had nothing but great things to say about her.

Birddog
AG
This past January I moved mom (84) to town and we were lucky enough to be recommended to Dr. Ume-Kakwan. She is very good so far and I would have no problem to suggest her. She specializes in Geriatrics and most importantly my mom really likes her.
meinkee
Dr. SYLVIA TAQUET at Chi St Joe Boonville. She is an experienced general practitioner and I like and trust her and the staff. She also has a beautiful French accent. Moved here from the Metroplex. Her husband is a cancer researcher in the local medical corridor and she has grown and nearly grown children. Very kind and direct
jphil1
AG
Thanks for the recommendations
AG'73
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.