Local election information

7,727 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Born&Raised
Brian Alg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[Please add to the conversation or do not post on threads on this forum. Thank you. -Staff]
AggieYankee1
Brian Alg said:

The city should stop blocking sensible development near the university.

Aside from deflecting... care to elaborate on what exactly is "sensible" development?

There is North gate - filled out

East Gate - student housing

South Gate - 50/50 students residents

And west gate - 2818

Where would you start?.... please be specific.
Brian Alg
If you are asking for my plan for micromanaging what other people do with their own property, I do not have one. That isn't meant to be a deflection. I think you and I have different ideas about the desirability or inevitability of a centrally planned economy.

While I am the best candidate in this race for Place 5 on College Station's City Council, it looks like I am not going to be your favorite candidate. I am not interested in trying to convince you that I am right or that you should vote for me, at least not tonight. I wish you well and I appreciate your interest in the race.
Brian Alg

Brazos Coalition for Responsible Government
AggieYankee1

[You have been warned numerous times about keeping insults out of your posts and you will not get edited for that without receiving a ban from now on. -Staff]
TChaney
Post Removed
User sent to re-education camp
Please report all conservative thought to the local authorities.
tammiepc08
Hello
My name is Dr. Tammie Preston-Phillips and I am running for College Station School Board trustee. I am three times Aggie. You can find more information about me and my platform at https://www.facebook.com/Dr.Preston.Phillips.for.CS.School.Board
Drilltime
Nichols is simply the most competent member of the College Station council. I feel people may realize how important that is. The pre-meeting packet for the last council meeting was over 1000 pages, and 400-500 is typical. No matter who else wins, the council as a whole needs Nichols. He spends more tie with both sides of every issue and consequently he's the one who usually comes up with the solutions. He's a problem solver, but he also just works harder to understand the problem to start with.

I'm also high on Guerra for what he brings to the mix of leadership. His experience as a certified city planner and traffic engineer is important. By personality, he's more thoughtful than dogmatic. Right now I think we need a little more of both.

Born&Raised
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.