Aggieland
Sponsored By

mesquite lumber?

1,678 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by woodiewood1
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?


There used to be a place behind sodalaks that made custom stuff out of mesquite... but either im going to the wrong place or they've moved or gone out of business...

anyone know about it?

or know where I can get mesquite lumber?
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't know about the place you describe. Tekton Timber does some mesquite along with other stuff. Look them up on FB.
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Their mesquite and other lumber is about double or triple the going rate....

Guy in navasota sells mesquite, when he has it, for $9 per board foot. Theirs is $20... both are mesquite, both are kiln dried...

so still looking..
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tekton more about big pieces so that doesn't surprise me. Don't know anyone else. Tekton refinished a table top made from PostOak for me and it looks awesome and was well priced for what they did (compared to the original fabrication for sure ). Some great pieces at their shop if I was a woodworker.
Rasslin Cheesehead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You're probably talking about Hardwood Designs. Brandon Claborn and Jim Matson. Both really good guys.
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rasslin Cheesehead said:

You're probably talking about Hardwood Designs. Brandon Claborn and Jim Matson. Both really good guys.
who?
Rasslin Cheesehead
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.hardwooddesigns.net/
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rasslin Cheesehead said:

http://www.hardwooddesigns.net/




mm.. not quite... I'm only needing a single piece thats about 10 inches x 15 inches x 2 inches thick...

I'm a hobbyest sculptor/woodturner (in addition to everything else..) and needing a highly specific small piece... normally they dont have them that wide, and usually wont talk to you if you need a tiny piece...

www.dartwoodworks.com

Dart is Darrin And Rebecca's Twins. Dart..

EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that studioone has revealed what he wants surprised it's just not available on some online place.

Having said that - Hardwood Designs are the bomb for your home finish needs. Brandon and team did mesquite flooring for me 17 years ago - finished in their factory. It still looks great and I anticipate the refinishing being done decades in the future.
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
EBrazosAg said:

Now that studioone has revealed what he wants surprised it's just not available on some online place.

Having said that - Hardwood Designs are the bomb for your home finish needs. Brandon and team did mesquite flooring for me 17 years ago - finished in their factory. It still looks great and I anticipate the refinishing being done decades in the future.

if you understood that people NORMALLY don't want flooring, then you might understand my need... I was looking for a MILL... a MILL will NORMALLY supply anyhting I need, whether its in inches, feet or truckload. BUT all the mills I deal with are short on mesquite. Others may have some, but its triple the going rate.. so I'm shopping around...
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Normally I'm just driving around town with a chainsaw getting random tree trunks... I turn... so I dont need milled lumber, except this one time I would like some mesquite of a certain dimension... IF I need to, ill just go cut a tree down...


woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
studioone said:

Rasslin Cheesehead said:

http://www.hardwooddesigns.net/




mm.. not quite... I'm only needing a single piece thats about 10 inches x 15 inches x 2 inches thick...

I'm a hobbyest sculptor/woodturner (in addition to everything else..) and needing a highly specific small piece... normally they dont have them that wide, and usually wont talk to you if you need a tiny piece...

www.dartwoodworks.com

Dart is Darrin And Rebecca's Twins. Dart..


I probably have a piece that fits your specs.....and it would be free!
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
woodiewood1 said:

studioone said:

Rasslin Cheesehead said:

http://www.hardwooddesigns.net/




mm.. not quite... I'm only needing a single piece thats about 10 inches x 15 inches x 2 inches thick...

I'm a hobbyest sculptor/woodturner (in addition to everything else..) and needing a highly specific small piece... normally they dont have them that wide, and usually wont talk to you if you need a tiny piece...

www.dartwoodworks.com

Dart is Darrin And Rebecca's Twins. Dart..


I probably have a piece that fits your specs.....and it would be free!


I like free.. lol... can trade if needed. or pay..
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let me check my stock later today. I have a few dozen boards and blanks left. I do have four pieces of clear mesquite that is 8 to 10 inches wide, 1 1/2 inch thick and 8 feet long, but not for sale....some day a dining table top.

I think you came by my house last year or two about the same time of the year. You made the comment about all of my Oxbloods in bloom in my front yard.
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have piece that is a little larger you can trim down that has a partial crack. Would that work?
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This work?
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?


email me plz...

darrin at avalonweddingsbcs dot com
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Another successful TexAgs meetup.
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?


MAYBE... Techno.. nothing is 100% guaranteed on TexAgs ...

You need some bees out at your place?
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
hey woodie.. can u email me?
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
studioone said:

hey woodie.. can u email me?
Emailed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.