What are alternatives to Direct TV and still get KBTX?

3,551 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by wareagle044
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looking to change, but want KBTX for local news and weather.
FamousAgg
An antenna and a TV is all you need for KBTX
histag10
AG
Hulu Live
JP76
https://www.amazon.com/pingbingding-Amplified-Range-360-Remote-Snap-Installation/dp/B0748KYTZN/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=tv+antenna&qid=1600952141&sr=8-3

This works good

But if all you really want is KBTX you can probably get by with an indoor amplified antenna like this or maybe even non amplified depending on your location

https://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-ANT5000E-Amplified-Indoor-HDTV-Antenna-with-Trimodal-Technology/721003981
jh88ag
AG
Youtube tv for me.
trouble
AG
YoutubeTV
bobinator
AG
Yeah, if you live in town you might not need anything to pick up KBTX over the air.

I recently switched from YouTubeTV to FuboTV, and it doesn't have KBTX (has the one out of Waco) but I can pick up KBTX OTA.
ratfacemcdougal
I am starting to look at orby tv. It should be half of what I am paying for DirecTv. It is satellite with an ota antenna attached to the same mounting pole. Anybody have any comments on orby?

edit to add: no sports channels
dachicken89
AG
I dumped DirecTV and their costly fees and equipment to go with streaming services and apps. I was with Hulu (does have live tv inclusive of KBTX) and just recently switched to Fubo (for their ATTsports - Astros) which only has CBS of Wacko. If you have a smarttv/roku/appletv you can access the Live Stream of KBTX news through their app.
techno-ag
AG
ratfacemcdougal said:

I am starting to look at orby tv. It should be half of what I am paying for DirecTv. It is satellite with an ota antenna attached to the same mounting pole. Anybody have any comments on orby?

edit to add: no sports channels
With the politicization of sports, you likely won't miss it much.
MisterShipWreck
I have Sling tv. But for KBTX - I just go to the KBTX website and watch the newscasts live (for free). You cannot watch all the other CBS programming, but the newscasts will show up about 1 min after they start on air...
CBS All-Access gives you live CBS programming incl KBTX plus on demand CBS shows for $5/month if the OTA antennae does not work for you.
Psychag
AG
YTTV
histag10
AG
Really? I never knew this. I have CBS All Access, but i have never seen anything on live. Most stuff takes a day to show up to watch.
Expert Analysis
AG
Dish network is better than Directv. Maybe not as low price as streaming but I don't mind a little extra for the added convenience.
I recently dropped my 2 extra receivers since my kids watch a lot of Netflix or other streaming content and we can use the dish anywhere app to access all our Dish channels and DVR through smart devices and fire stick. Saved $15 a month.
I get the top 200 channels and locals. The hopper dvr is great.
I pay $80 a month now.

Subscribe using my referral code and choose from rewards like $100 in credit toward your bill! Call 1-888-608-6895 and provide referral code VCD0023249297 or visit www.dish.com/refer.
Yes, you can watch live CBS with CBS all access tho it is not the first option that you land on. You actually have to arrow over to the left control bar where the house icon is located and then scroll down 2 items to the lightening bolt thing. Once on the "live" icon you have to select which live channel you want to watch. Choices are CBS, CBSN, CBS Sports or ET Live.

edit: typo
patrick.redmill
The KBTX signal is the strongest of all the major networks, you should be able to pick it up with standard indoor antenna that you can get anywhere. If you want all the major networks, you'll need much better gear.

I use Sling TV with a device called AirTV that integrates my OTA channels into my channel guide. I have a pretty big, directional antenna with a preamp on my roof... I could skip most of that stuff if I didn't want ABC.
wareagle044
YouTube Tv
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.