Has Brazos County changed its reporting?

994 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nthomas99
Warbledwrassler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I don't follow COVID that much anymore, but it seems like tweets from BHD would show recoveries as well in their tweets. But, now it doesn't seem like they do. You can find the information on their website, but it's not being tweeted. Am I wrong on this?

Edit for: In other words, they were making active cases readily known weeks ago, but now we don't seem to care about active cases, just the gross number of positives, which will of course always go up and never can go down.
Rapier108
Yes, their reporting has gotten worse as of late, with data being removed. There is a discussion about it on the daily numbers thread.

They blame it on budget cuts, but it really comes across as they want to keep up the corona-fear as long as possible.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
nthomas99
AG
Warbledwrassler said:

I don't follow COVID that much anymore, but it seems like tweets from BHD would show recoveries as well in their tweets. But, now it doesn't seem like they do. You can find the information on their website, but it's not being tweeted. Am I wrong on this?

Edit for: In other words, they were making active cases readily known weeks ago, but now we don't seem to care about active cases, just the gross number of positives, which will of course always go up and never can go down.
It's not on social media, but for now, recoveries are shown here:

http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94

Warbledwrassler
Right. It's like when the NYT says they report something , but it's buried on page 8. I guess my point is that it seem disingenuous to post it to social media when it cause C-Fear but not when it doesn't
nthomas99
AG
Warbledwrassler said:

Right. It's like when the NYT says they report something , but it's buried on page 8. I guess my point is that it seem disingenuous to post it to social media when it cause C-Fear but not when it doesn't
totally agree, and it's really shady to drop hospitalizations numbers altogether when it's clear from the regional numbers, they continue to decline, despite showing "case count" numbers increasing without any context.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.