Massive amount of LEO at 2818/villa

2,372 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rapier108
Post removed:
by user
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Haven't heard calls for that area, but doesn't mean it couldn't have happened when I was away from the computer.

Earlier there was an alert tone and "in progress call, Tac-1" which means anyone going to the call (no address was given) switched to an encrypted channel. I'm guessing they do that when it is something like a burglary while someone is home, or an armed robbery.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FamousAgg
I'm listening to "Brazos County Area Law Enforcement" with the Scanner Radio app. You can listen to it here: https://scannerradio.app/?l=NDIwMDk

No scanner necessary
Smeghead4761
BPD doesn't just use their TAC channels (they have at least 2) for in progress criminal calls. I've heard them use them for major crashes (fatality, or one that looks like it might go that way) and I remember that house fire several months ago that killed the whole family.

Things where they want to make it harder for folks to listen in.
Rapier108
Langenator said:

BPD doesn't just use their TAC channels (they have at least 2) for in progress criminal calls. I've heard them use them for major crashes (fatality, or one that looks like it might go that way) and I remember that house fire several months ago that killed the whole family.

Things where they want to make it harder for folks to listen in.
True, they do it for other reasons as well. Usually the major stuff like accidents and fires get switched over after the initial call once the realize the level of the situation.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.