Suggestions for Ronin

2,956 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 91_Aggie
Law361
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eating at Ronin for the first time tomorrow. What do you recommend?
scd88
AG
Chicken fried steak is my favorite.
isitjustme
AG
Bring a lot of $$, don't worry about prices, enjoy the great meal, and pay in cash. You will not want to see this on your next month's credit card bill b/c you will wonder if it was really worth the price. It may not seem like it next month, but it will be at the time you go.
motherrunnersBCS
Dessert souffle. Order it when you order your dinner because it takes a while.

Lamb or beef anything. I do like their CFS - not exactly traditional, but very good.

FlyRod
Quail if they have it; they briefly smoke it then grill or fry it. Addictive.
Max06
AG
Chicken yakitori and jalapeno poppers are really excellent appetizers

Scallops are excellent. Cucumber farm salad is excellent.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Curious what you went with? Our favorite place in town! Top 3 in wait staff and food for this area, and I'd put it up against many restaurants in ATX where we have a lot of go-to places.
Law361
AG
We had the chicken fried steak and carne asada tacos. Both were good. Favorite part of the meal though was the espresso martini for dessert and the soy-glazed potatoes for the appetizer.
FamousAgg
How much $ are we talking for a meal for 2?
Law361
AG
Entrees were reasonably priced for the quality. CFS was $25. Drinks were at least $10 each.
halibut sinclair
https://ronintx.com/menu
scd88
AG
This is my favorite place to eat. I am big fans of Brian and Amanda from their days of hosting full moon dinners at their farm.
trouble
AG
They still host them!

And yes, Ronin is one of my absolute favorites. I have never had a bad experience there.
Wicked Good Ag
While I like the food and had a good time at a full moon dinner at farm before the restaurant opened I have found that it is overpriced for what you get. Not just BCS level overpriced but everywhere overpriced.
That said the food is good I just think there are much better valued places with good food that is comparable.
FlyRod
Best, or at least most unusual wine list in town by far (been buying directly from them at discount as they carry lots of hard to find (around here) stuff)

Love the new cocktail menu, and the ability to eat/drink on the patio outside.

I find their prices perfectly reasonable, and far less overpriced for what you get quality wise then some other places in town.

kevmiller
Law361 said:

Entrees were reasonably priced for the quality. CFS was $25. .

$25 for a CFS is not reasonably priced lol.
It's a chicken fried steak.
FlyRod
The size and quality of it sure made it reasonable to me. But I did suggest to them that they rename it something fancy like Ronin Schnitzel or Ice House Milanesa for the folks who think CFS is too low brow, and should never cost more then $5.99.
Mathguy64
AG
Take a 1.5" filet, cook it sous vide to medium rare. Batter and deep fry it and cover it in a poblano cheese cream sauce with scalloped potatoes and haricot verts. That's an amazing CFS and it's not $5.99 Applebee's CFS.
scd88
AG
I realize Ronin is expensive and I am good with it. They have great food, love the atmosphere, extensive wine list, are a local business, and I like the owners.

I will gladly pay for the experience to eat there.
91_Aggie
AG
$20 for Ratoutoullie (sp) is nuts. it's all vegetables in a soup essentially.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.