Recommendations for orthopedist (shoulder)

2,058 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rich1
agfan1030
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Husband's shoulder has been really painful last few weeks.
Wants to see an orthopedist.

So looking for recommendations for an orthopedist in B/CS who works on shoulders.

montegobay
I saw Dr. king at Scott and White. He was great. Surgery by doctor O'Shea. Easy.
scd88
AG
Following. I am also looking. I went to one at BSBW and was told I'm OK...but I'm still struggling with it. Lol. I go to Alpha Sports and get treatment for some tendon issue. We will see if it works.

Related note - where does one go for a reasonably priced MRI?
EBrazosAg
AG
scd88 said:

Following. I am also looking. I went to one at BSBW and was told I'm OK...but I'm still struggling with it. Lol. I go to Alpha Sports and get treatment for some tendon issue. We will see if it works.

Related note - where does one go for a reasonably priced MRI?

Houston or Austin area. The Physician Centre will work with you more than anywhere else locally. But their machine is older and can't compare to the ones at newer stand alone in Houston or Austin. Lonestar Imaging in Austin has great service and prices.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
scd88
AG
Thanks.
Tailgate88
AG
Central Texas Ortho!
KaneIsAble
AG
Literally logged on now to post the same question. I have something torn too so appreciate the responses.
histag10
AG
O'Shea did my knee surgery. He's not the biggest people person, but hes a good surgeon.
Bullpen Chias
AG
The answer is Dr. Bramhall.
MadDog73
AG
Dr. Wright did my shoulder two years ago. He did an excellent job.
https://www.bswhealth.com/physician/coy-wright
TXCityGirl
Central Texas Sports Medicine - next door to the Physician's Center off east University Drive. Dr. Bramhall is the leader of the office with Drs. Solcher, Gill, Marsh, and others.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
Bramhall. He's the best with shoulders. Did both of mine.
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Bullpen Chias said:

The answer is Dr. Bramhall.

Not only because of his experience and skill set, but also because his rehab team is second to none.

AG
MemphisAg1
AG
Dr Bramhall.

Fixed both of my son's shoulders.
EBrazosAg
AG
Not quite ....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
Dr. Spaw - Third Day Orthopedics

Used to be head of Ortho at The Med, now has his own practice...still does surgery. Easy to get an appointment. Did fantastic with one of our kids and an injury!
camra
Just got mine scoped by Dr Bramhall and it went well. The rehab team there has been great so far too.
selk
AG
Veazy
rich1
AG
I had meniscus tears and decompression done by Solcher and several yearls later I had labrum repair by Bramhal. Both are excellent in my opinion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.