What's today's protest about on campus?

2,785 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by FlyRod
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These things are tiresome. What is the one going on now in front of the administration building? My daughter was asking and now I'm wondering, too.
Rapier108
Most likely the same malcontents who have nothing better to do but tell everyone else they're racists for not agreeing with the protestors.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
histag10
AG
Im sure someone called someone else a dog butt face. That hurt someones feelings, so they told their friend, who decided it was speciest against dogs, so now they are demanding equal rights and protections for all dogs, and they also want the statue of Sully removed because one time Sully told a dog to "git outta here you rascal", and thats just mean.
Horn_in_Aggieland
It's just another racist Monday
scd88
AG
Fantastic. Love it. Lol.
histag10
AG
Horn_in_Aggieland said:

I wish it was Sunday
Cause thats my funday
My I dont have to run day
But its just another racist Monday
bugle rank '87
AG
I thought it was grad students protesting teaching in person....or something like that.
We’ve never lost a halftime...
histag10
AG
So their bosses told them to do something related to their jobs, and it hurt their feelings, so now they want to be paid for not doing their jobs while protesting the job they signed up for?

Its about as absurd as my dog buttface theory.
Carnwellag2
yeah it is grad students protesting having to teach classes.

ignoring the fact that they don't have to teach of they don't want to.
BQ_90
AG
histag10 said:

Horn_in_Aggieland said:

I wish it was Sunday
Cause thats my funday
My I dont have to run day
But its just another racist Monday
Eliminatus
AG
histag10 said:

So their bosses told them to do something related to their jobs, and it hurt their feelings, so now they want to be paid for not doing their jobs while protesting the job they signed up for?

Have you ever met any grad TAs? You get a gem here and there of course but most in my experience are mostly worthless to absolutely worthless.

To be fair though, they are essentially the indentured servitude of academia. Gotta manage your expectations 'tis all.
scd88
AG
histag10 said:

Holy shnikees this is hilarious. Had to share with my wife. Lol.
techno-ag
AG
FlyRod
[Insert laughing-crying emoji]
cavscout96
AG
techno-ag said:

love this!
Oogway
Someone working at TAMU would need to confirm this, but I think graduate students went through a similar application process as faculty with respect to any health vulnerabilities that would put them at risk prior to being assigned. However, there were some shortages in various departments so more face to face assistants may have been necessary. But, and these are the caveats: the University has made reasonable accommodation to protect employees and the option to not be a TA is available. So, work and get paid or don't work and don't get paid: those are the choices.

Also, there is a grad student/TA shortage I hear. Not just at A&M but nationwide. Anyone else know the details?
FlyRod
Fewer enrollments, likely as a result of the collapse of the academic job market.

Also many universities are suspending admissions of graduate students.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.