Was it the rain?

3,013 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggieBarstool
Smeghead4761
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You won't see it on KBTX, but between about 4:30 and 7 pm Friday, there were 4 major accidents.

- Finfeather & F&B

- Welsh & Harvey Mitchell

- Hwy 21 by Knife River

- Finfeather by Presidio apartments

There was also a minor accident in CS somewhere. Do folks around here just not know how to drive in the rain?

Edit: One of them did make KBTX, because it sent 3 people to the hospital. https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/06/college-station-man-arrested-for-causing-a-major-accident/
Aggie
AG
People in CS, mostly students, drive extremely aggressive and for the most part have no clue how to handle a vehicle.
That's why you see so many accidents

Friday evening I was driving south on 2154( Wellborn) In Millican... traffic was backed up. A college age girl (probably headed home to Houston, )passed me in a no passing zone.
There were several cars in front of me, a car coming in opposite direction which had to slow down and move over to their right to ensure a head on collision didn't occur... Myself along the car in front of me had to adjust our speed to allow this girl to squeeze back in to again ensure a head on collision did not occur.
All of this so this little girl could make up What....15 feet??? What was the point

Expert Analysis
AG
Seemed there's been a crash at the new H-E-B almost every other day the past couple weeks.
texasaggie04
AG
I'm confused what this has to do with kbtx. Are you suggesting they should send a reporter out to investigate every single fender-bender in town? Or is it just popular right now to bash a local TV station?
Broncos
Accidents happen.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If you want news coverage of car crashes you should find a hobby.
isitjustme
AG
Broncos said:

Accidents happen.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If you want news coverage of car crashes you should find a hobby.
Or go to KBTX.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/06/college-station-man-arrested-for-causing-a-major-accident/
techno-ag
AG
Aggie said:

People in CS, mostly students, drive extremely aggressive and for the most part have no clue how to handle a vehicle.
That's why you see so many accidents

Friday evening I was driving south on 2154( Wellborn) In Millican... traffic was backed up. A college age girl (probably headed home to Houston, )passed me in a no passing zone.
There were several cars in front of me, a car coming in opposite direction which had to slow down and move over to their right to ensure a head on collision didn't occur... Myself along the car in front of me had to adjust our speed to allow this girl to squeeze back in to again ensure a head on collision did not occur.
All of this so this little girl could make up What....15 feet??? What was the point

Spot on. Wrecks always increase the beginning of the fall semester.
toolshed
AG
Plus, rain on pavement that hasn't had rain in a long time mixes with the oil and other substances on the road and the roads are pretty slick until they've had enough runoff.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Probably has more to do with these young drivers looking down at their text/phones
AG
toolshed said:

Plus, rain on pavement that hasn't had rain in a long time mixes with the oil and other substances on the road and the roads are pretty slick until they've had enough runoff.

Exactly.. and so many people are unaware of this or just disregard it.
AggieBarstool
I'd also wager the mix of driving attitudes from different regions of Texas coming together in a small town plays a crucial role.

AustiniteS and their slow driving vs the aggressive big city driving vs country farm it's/girls for example.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.