Aggieland
Sponsored By

Was it the rain?

1,748 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by AggieBarstool
Langenator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You won't see it on KBTX, but between about 4:30 and 7 pm Friday, there were 4 major accidents.

- Finfeather & F&B

- Welsh & Harvey Mitchell

- Hwy 21 by Knife River

- Finfeather by Presidio apartments

There was also a minor accident in CS somewhere. Do folks around here just not know how to drive in the rain?

Edit: One of them did make KBTX, because it sent 3 people to the hospital. https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/06/college-station-man-arrested-for-causing-a-major-accident/
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People in CS, mostly students, drive extremely aggressive and for the most part have no clue how to handle a vehicle.
That's why you see so many accidents

Friday evening I was driving south on 2154( Wellborn) In Millican... traffic was backed up. A college age girl (probably headed home to Houston, )passed me in a no passing zone.
There were several cars in front of me, a car coming in opposite direction which had to slow down and move over to their right to ensure a head on collision didn't occur... Myself along the car in front of me had to adjust our speed to allow this girl to squeeze back in to again ensure a head on collision did not occur.
All of this so this little girl could make up What....15 feet??? What was the point


Expert Analysis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seemed there's been a crash at the new H-E-B almost every other day the past couple weeks.
texasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm confused what this has to do with kbtx. Are you suggesting they should send a reporter out to investigate every single fender-bender in town? Or is it just popular right now to bash a local TV station?
Broncos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Accidents happen.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If you want news coverage of car crashes you should find a hobby.
agrab86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Broncos said:

Accidents happen.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. If you want news coverage of car crashes you should find a hobby.
Or go to KBTX.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/09/06/college-station-man-arrested-for-causing-a-major-accident/
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aggie said:

People in CS, mostly students, drive extremely aggressive and for the most part have no clue how to handle a vehicle.
That's why you see so many accidents

Friday evening I was driving south on 2154( Wellborn) In Millican... traffic was backed up. A college age girl (probably headed home to Houston, )passed me in a no passing zone.
There were several cars in front of me, a car coming in opposite direction which had to slow down and move over to their right to ensure a head on collision didn't occur... Myself along the car in front of me had to adjust our speed to allow this girl to squeeze back in to again ensure a head on collision did not occur.
All of this so this little girl could make up What....15 feet??? What was the point



Spot on. Wrecks always increase the beginning of the fall semester.
toolshed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Plus, rain on pavement that hasn't had rain in a long time mixes with the oil and other substances on the road and the roads are pretty slick until they've had enough runoff.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably has more to do with these young drivers looking down at their text/phones
_________________________________________________________
Nothing is getting fixed in D.C. until we get term limits for both the House and the Senate
Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
toolshed said:

Plus, rain on pavement that hasn't had rain in a long time mixes with the oil and other substances on the road and the roads are pretty slick until they've had enough runoff.


Exactly.. and so many people are unaware of this or just disregard it.
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd also wager the mix of driving attitudes from different regions of Texas coming together in a small town plays a crucial role.

AustiniteS and their slow driving vs the aggressive big city driving vs country farm it's/girls for example.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.