Truck inspection in College Station

3,281 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by scd88
logano33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
New student here and I'm needing my truck and motorcycle inspected. My truck has dark tint in the front and my motorcycle doesn't have the front turn signals and I left the signals back home. Where's a good place around here I could probably pass inspection at? Thanks!
ratfacemcdougal
no where. no one is going to loose their license just to pass one guy
logano33
AG
"Todos pasan" is what I'm used to in Dallas.
NostraDumbass
Get your **** together. There are plenty of rules I think are stupid too, but I still play by them just like everybody else has to. You're not special. Be a responsible adult and handle your business. Then get your inspection done.

Also, if your vehicles are actually registered in Dallas I think they have to have an emissions test unless you're going to change the registration to here. Places around here don't do emissions tests.
saturn135
So...you are basically asking on a public forum.."who would be willing to break the law for me"? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes! Not a smart move, be an adult and be responsible.
cz308
Jack-waggon. There are other things that I could say, but I don't want to catch a ban.
PS3D
You DO know local LEOs browse this board, right?
saltydog13
AG
Nice try, officer
Belton Ag
AG
OP:

Prune Tracy
OnlyForNow
AG
Ask the auto board.

Don't ever ask the Aggieland board anything

Seriously.
Rexter
IIRC, motorcycles aren't required to have turn signals, but if you have any on the bike, they are required to work.

See TTC 547.801
WestTexasAg04
AG
The odds of finding a todas pasan increase the further north you drive down Tx Ave.
txyaloo
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Ask the auto board.

Don't ever ask the Aggieland board anything

Seriously.
No one on the auto board is going to recommend a place in an open forum.

Why would someone risk their honey hole getting shut down? I'm sure not going to publicly name the inspection shop that passes my vehicles with obvious deficiencies.
OnlyForNow
AG
Respectfully disagree.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
loganowensby1 said:

New student here
Fish has been here 2 weeks and will have to change his user name. That might be a record.

I'll wager he calls the area CSTAT?

Tim Weaver
Rexter said:

IIRC, motorcycles aren't required to have turn signals, but if you have any on the bike, they are required to work.

See TTC 547.801
This.

You need a headlight, tail light, and a mirror and thats about it.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Ok I'll bite. I don't go there anymore but back in the day. The dude located near the 21/2818 intersection near the trucker gas station would pass my pos high school vehicle.
Nosmo
AG
Assume OP is not from a county that requires emission testing (for the truck).

Ajollyag
OP is allowed to vote... let that sink in. Our world is doomed
Tim Weaver
We don't have emissions testing here either. Not sure what you're eluding to.
Tim Weaver
Why does this matter?

I like the fact that people from all walks of life can vote. It's what makes it fair and balanced for the community at large.

Would you want the ability to vote To be based upon if you think they are worthy or not?
Nosmo
AG
Tim Weaver said:

I was just pointing out that you can't get your vehicle inspected in Brazos County if it is registered in a county that requires emissions testing.

If the OP was from one of those counties, he can't get it inspected anyway.

saltydog13
AG
Oh no. Someone with dark tint can vote. The horror
Tim Weaver
Nosmo said:

Tim Weaver said:

I was just pointing out that you can't get your vehicle inspected in Brazos County if it is registered in a county that requires emissions testing.

If the OP was from one of those counties, he can't get it inspected anyway.

Gotcha.
Rexter
You can inspect a vehicle from an emissions county when it is in a non-emissions county.....off at school is listed as an exemption.

Snip:

The following Texas counties require emissions testing: Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis and Williamson. A vehicle registered in an affected county may receive a safety inspection at a vehicle inspection station in a non-affected county if:

(1) The vehicle is not a designated vehicle because it has not and will not be primarily operated in an affected county.

a. Company fleet vehicles owned by business entities registered at a central office located in an affected county but operated from branch offices and locations in non-affected counties on a permanent basis.

b. Hunting and recreational vehicles registered to the owner in an affected area, but permanently maintained on a hunting property or vacation home site in a non-affected county.

(2) The vehicle no longer qualifies as a designated vehicle because it will no longer be primarily operated in an affected county. For example, the vehicle registration indicates it is registered in an affected county, but the owner has moved, does not currently reside in, nor will primarily operate the vehicle in an affected county.

(3) The vehicle is registered in an affected county and is primarily operated in a non-affected county, but will not return to an affected county prior to the expiration of the current registration. Under this exception the vehicle will be re-inspected at a vehicle inspection station certified to do vehicle emissions testing immediately upon return to an affected county. Examples of this exception include vehicles operated by students enrolled at learning institutions, vehicles operated by persons during extended vacations, or vehicles operated by persons on extended out-of-county business.

A motorist must complete the vehicle emissions testing exemption process at the time of the vehicle's designated annual vehicle safety inspection.
Nosmo
AG
Rexter said:

You can inspect a vehicle from an emissions county when it is in a non-emissions county.....off at school is listed as an exemption.

Snip:

The following Texas counties require emissions testing: Brazoria, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, El Paso, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Johnson, Kaufman, Montgomery, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis and Williamson. A vehicle registered in an affected county may receive a safety inspection at a vehicle inspection station in a non-affected county if:

(1) The vehicle is not a designated vehicle because it has not and will not be primarily operated in an affected county.

a. Company fleet vehicles owned by business entities registered at a central office located in an affected county but operated from branch offices and locations in non-affected counties on a permanent basis.

b. Hunting and recreational vehicles registered to the owner in an affected area, but permanently maintained on a hunting property or vacation home site in a non-affected county.

(2) The vehicle no longer qualifies as a designated vehicle because it will no longer be primarily operated in an affected county. For example, the vehicle registration indicates it is registered in an affected county, but the owner has moved, does not currently reside in, nor will primarily operate the vehicle in an affected county.

(3) The vehicle is registered in an affected county and is primarily operated in a non-affected county, but will not return to an affected county prior to the expiration of the current registration. Under this exception the vehicle will be re-inspected at a vehicle inspection station certified to do vehicle emissions testing immediately upon return to an affected county. Examples of this exception include vehicles operated by students enrolled at learning institutions, vehicles operated by persons during extended vacations, or vehicles operated by persons on extended out-of-county business.

A motorist must complete the vehicle emissions testing exemption process at the time of the vehicle's designated annual vehicle safety inspection.

This is good to know. My son got caught in this situation back in the mid 2000's. He could not get his vehicle inspected at the stations he tried in Brazos county. Don't know if it is a new rule or the stations he tried here just didn't know. I know he made a trip home, got his vehicle inspected, and returned to school on the same day. We didn't even see him (we were at work).

Glad they made an exception. But I think it taught him a lesson of not waiting to the last minute to take care of your business........ or maybe it didn't.

And this exemption inspection is potentially temporary, but it would allow you to get your "sticker". Not sure how this process would communicate / identify lack of emission testing and registered in a "testing" county?
txyaloo
AG
To add for the OP - you don't have to register or inspect your vehicle until 60 days after the Governor stops declaring covid disasters. The governor just extended the covid order yesterday which means you effectively have until Dec 7 to renew your registration. I highly doubt he doesn't continue to extend the order at least through November.
techno-ag
AG
txyaloo said:

To add for the OP - you don't have to register or inspect your vehicle until 60 days after the Governor stops declaring covid disasters. The governor just extended the covid order yesterday which means you effectively have until Dec 7 to renew your registration. I highly doubt he doesn't continue to extend the order at least through November.
Good news. Inspections are stupid anyway.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/a-surprising-number-of-u-s-states-dont-require-vehicle-inspections/
BQ_90
AG
txyaloo said:

but when you get it inspected, they roll it back to the month it was due. Found that out when I got mine inspected month after it was due.
scd88
AG
OP be like...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.