Amazon prime deliveries to CS

37,446 Views | 315 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
spicyitalian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In the last week, both my orders said 6 days with prime. I didn't think much of it because they are weird items. But every single thing is 6-7 days to 77845 & 77840. I'm not the only one seeing this. I've put in some family addresses in Magnolia and Spring and they are next day shipping. Bryan is still normal as well. Anyone seeing this in College Station?
montegobay
Yep. Same here. We are in 77845. I wonder what's up.
Rapier108
It's pretty much that way everywhere, probably due to the massive increase in orders due to people not going to stores to shop.

Edit: Wasn't referring specifically to Brazos County. The issue is happening in various parts of the country.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
AgResearch
AG
Rapier108 said:

It's pretty much that way everywhere
Wrong. Still get everything in 1 or 2 days. Not near a distribution center either.
gigem92
AG
Same here. Ordered last week and it was supposed to be delivered Tuesday, then was switched to Monday and we still don't have it.

Amazon site says it reached the Amazon center in Humble on Sunday, but it has not moved since then. Chatted with them today and they issued a full refund.

Not sure what the deal is.
spicyitalian
AG
AgResearch said:

Rapier108 said:

Wrong. Still get everything in 1 or 2 days. Not near a distribution center either.
Are you in a CS zip? Most other zips I've checked have been 1-3 days.
histag10
AG
Im north of Bryan, and 1-2 days on most stuff, but some takes 3-4.
Rearview
AG
I noticed this also. I did some research today. Shipping to 77845 or 77840 is taking 6-7 days. Shipping to Bryan, 2 days. What the... ?
JR Ewing
AG
Too busy working on mail-in votes...
bushytailed
AG
Same in south Bryan. Only slight delay was last week due to Laura, but that was only a one-day delay. I ordered two items on Tuesday evening. One of them has already been delivered.
AgResearch
AG
spicyitalian said:

AgResearch said:

Rapier108 said:

Are you in a CS zip? Most other zips I've checked have been 1-3 days.
No I'm not in CS. That's why I responded to the post about it being like that "everywhere".
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I'm 30 min south of BCS in a rural area and am still receiving Prime shipping times, if not quicker (like next day some stuff).
Rearview
AG
I "chatted" with an amazon rep. it went nowhere. they said they'd escalate it and I got disconnected.
Tailgate88
AG
Same issue here, in 77845.

Wait until gazillions of mail-in ballots hit those mailboxes! Wheeeeeee!
AgProgrammer
AG
We've had multiple orders (Amazon and non-Amazon) that get to Bryan and then just sit there for 2-4 days before moving out to delivery. Sounds like a log jam here locally. Color me shocked.
oklaunion
It's not just Amazon purchases. We have had 3 Priority packages that we paid for 3 day delivery take 7 days to get to us over the last 2 weeks. They get to CS post office per tracking in about 2-3 days then sit there. It hasn't been the N Houston hub delay like it was earlier.
LOYAL AG
AG
The new postmaster said they were going to slow down the mail as part of their plan to get closer to profitability. That's going to impact Amazon particularly to a place that's three USPS facilities from an Amazon distribution center. I fear the days of 2-day Prime are disappearing fast.
spicyitalian
AG
TL;DR CS post office is screwed, amazon doesn't know when it will be back to normal. Free $10 credit.

I just spent most of an hour on chat and phone with Amazon, weeding through a few different accents, to be told that our post office is screwed up somehow, and that COVID is causing all kinds of delays. She did not directly blame Trump though.

She did put me on hold and ask someone else about the issue. I got out of her that she was given a pretty general response as well. She said that she has had similar issues with zip codes across the country. I was asking some very direct and logical questions of her. There was no sort of ETA on when things would be back to normal. I also don't think she was used to having polite conversations.

But at the end of 20 minutes of a phone call, she did offer me a $10 amazon credit for my inconvenience.
BCStalk
Still 1-2 days in Bryan for both work and home. Curious why a 5 mile difference would change that. Are you putting Cstat as the city and maybe that's throwing them off.
spicyitalian
AG
BCStalk said:

Still 1-2 days in Bryan for both work and home. Curious why a 5 mile difference would change that. Are you putting Cstat as the city and maybe that's throwing them off.
Oh Hell no.
threecatcorner
Also seeing ridiculous Amazon prime times today. Also in College Station, 77840 zip code.
rptsAg03
6 - 7 days here as well. South CS
jeremyd
AG
I just ordered something with Prime shipping and it says it will be here in 7 days. I'm in 77845. Not sure how you can blame that on the Post Office. Sounds like an Amazon issue to me. If they said it would be here in 2 days...and it took 7 then it would be a Post Office issue.
LOYAL AG
AG
This weekend I ordered a monitor, monitor stand and a stand up desk. The desk came yesterday via UPS in three calendar days, the other two USPS. Oddly enough the monitor and stand didn't even ship til today which I don't think is a reflection on USPS or the local center. Both were in stock so I'm not sure what to blame.

I just had Amazon reject an order for an item that ships in a Styrofoam box with an ice pack because it can't be kept cool for the length of time it'll take to get it here. It's for my daughter so I tried her dorm at tu and it went through. Even then it's going to be a week from today before it's delivered. I looked at my Amazon account and the benefits of Prime are now "free shipping" instead of "free two day" shipping. Looks like they're slowly watering down the service. Probably not the best course of action. They haven't killed off all of the brick and mortar competition yet so they probably need to make sure they're still worth the $120/year. My account renews in a week but I'm not sure I'll let it happen. At a week or more lead time it's not worth it.

Rearview
AG
LOYAL AG said:

They haven't killed off all of the brick and mortar competition yet so they probably need to make sure they're still worth the $120/year. My account renews in a week but I'm not sure I'll let it happen. At a week or more lead time it's not worth it.

Oddly, mine is also up in a week. I don't think I'm going to renew.
Rearview
AG
My current packages ordered on Monday didn't even ship until today. I have a friend in Bryan who can still get things in two days. It makes no sense.
momlaw
AG
There seems to be a work slow down in CS PO.
Two weeks ago received tracking notice of packing arriving in CS Wed 6;04 am.
This was not an Amazon shipment.
No delivery or update Wednesday.
No delivery or update Thursday.
No delivery or update Friday.
Stood in line for 2 hours Friday afternoon with tracking information.
Was simply told, "Post Master General has cut our overtime. We are not unpacking pallets of packages."
Since then, in spite of media histrionics, sworn testimony contradicting that talking point.
momlaw
jemma4116
I just received a couple of things from Amazon (Prime). No problems, in fact received them a day early My zip code is 77802.
LOYAL AG
AG
jemma4116 said:

I just received a couple of things from Amazon (Prime). No problems, in fact received them a day early My zip code is 77802.
Yeah that's the frustrating part. Bryan is gettings according to the normal Prime schedule while CS is days slower.
LOYAL AG
AG
momlaw said:

There seems to be a work slow down in CS PO.
Two weeks ago received tracking notice of packing arriving in CS Wed 6;04 am.
This was not an Amazon shipment.
No delivery or update Wednesday.
No delivery or update Thursday.
No delivery or update Friday.
Stood in line for 2 hours Friday afternoon with tracking information.
Was simply told, "Post Master General has cut our overtime. We are not unpacking pallets of packages."
Since then, in spite of media histrionics, sworn testimony contradicting that talking point.
This actually may explain what's going on. CSPO has a backlog they are struggling to work through due to cuts in OT and the Post Master General has notified Amazon to slow down shipping to these zip codes until that backlog can be processed. Someone else above said Amazon told them this is happening in random spots around the country but not universally and Amazon for their part is giving a non-answer when asked about it rather than throwing a key business partner under the bus.

Oddly enough I feel better about this. Not sure when it gets remedied but hopefully the same guy that eliminated the OT has a plan to fix this where it's arising and get those PO's back to a reasonable performance level. Amazon is only going to be so patient before they start shifting business elsewhere. I'm sure elsewhere will cost more but a month ago I wouldn't have completed the order for my daughter I'd have just found another source. They will only lose so much business covering for USPS before they change strategies.
ontheedge
In Bryan and my last couple have been 5 to 6 days. I don't need Prime with that kind of delivery. I'm checking their prices against other sources these days anyway.
happyinBCS
Never bought anything from Amazon and never will
jja79
AG
Shop locally.
WheelinAg
AG
I just checked a bunch of different addresses.

My work near Honda shop in 77801 next Friday
My old house which is close and also in 77801 on Tee Dr. this sunday
Our new house in 77845 behind the airport Next Friday
My wifes office in 77802 near KBTX next wednesday
Parents addresses in 77345 and 77351 both this sunday.

It's been a week out at both my work and new house... Starting to get fed up.
LOYAL AG
AG
jja79 said:

Shop locally.

Nice idea but locally is pretty picked through right now. Nobody in town has anything close to the standing desk I wanted not a monitor of the size I wanted. I actually checked Best Buy and Office Depot for both items first. Still chains but at least local jobs.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.