Need any volunteers in the next few months?

1,693 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by nickbor34
BarbellaKat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone in October or November has any need for youth volunteers for any upcoming projects your non-profit/nursing home/church/etc. is working on?

Basically, I'm working as the 4-H Youth Program Director at a youth residential treatment facility. Our facility is a 32 bed trauma-focused residential program that offers a unique approach to achieving healing and recovery. The program combines the use of evidence-based trauma treatment interventions, 4-H youth development programs and individualized behavior skills training as a treatment alternative to youth who have experienced severe traumatic childhood life events of extreme abuse and neglect. These experiences are often frequently exacerbated by the youth's involvement in the foster care system. I work with young men ages 12-17. Most commonly, youth are referred to us after failed foster home placements, multiple psychiatric hospital stays, or they have nowhere else to go and as a result the youth feel rejected, minimized and dis-empowered.

My goal and mission as the Youth Director is to set these young men up for future success and allow them to take back their lost power and make better choices in their lives. One of the coolest things about 4-H is that it helps develop youth into thriving citizens through curriculum and acts of service. To help these boys, I want them to be exposed to community service and learn how to give back to their communities.

Thank you for the help!
Rudybryan
Definitely interested ....have wellness garden project

Please call 9 7 9 7 3 9 4 0 3 7
Or email Robinsil @ Aol . com
Robin
BarbellaKat
AG
Sent a email, thank you!!
nickbor34
This is a good volunteer move. I recently read several collections of educational texts about different services https://samploon.com/free-essays/community-service/ to help students and people in need. This is a good experience for people who want to learn kindness and communication. I recommend participating in such events.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.