CS city council needs an enema

8,456 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by duffelpud
Mister Mystery Guest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mooney drove by sorority row yesterday and called the police for no masks and no distancing
Muzzleblast
I heard him say that on the radio.

What a small and petty little man. Wannabe tyrants are having a field day exploiting this cold virus.

Young healthy people passing it is how herd immunity is built.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Didn't realize Mooney's first name was "Karen."

But seriously, f*** that man.
BCSWguru
Dude is way out of touch with reality. He proves it repeatedly.
cavscout96
AG
810 more days

11/8/2022

unless someone wanted to start a recall.......
Rapier108
Mooney would have shut down everything in the city and welded our doors closed if he could have gotten away with it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
cavscout96
AG
need just north of 2000 signatures..... 2181 if you wanted to be exact

edited to correct numbers from 2019 election.
rrtodds
AG
Muzzleblast said:

I heard him say that on the radio.

What a small and petty little man. Wannabe tyrants are having a field day exploiting this cold virus.

Young healthy people passing it is how herd immunity is built.

Notre Dame shut down with no students on campus. NC State shut down. Michigan State shut down. Next? Multiple athletic conferences shut down ... two Big ones. Next? You want ours to be next?

If businesses can be fined for not requiring masks ... the Greek businesses need to be fined as well.

Go ask any bar owner in town if they want to be open. Go ask anyone who wants to see Aggie football at all ... much less at more than 25% in attendance. The young adults on campus and in the greater community need to act like adults.

If the "herd" would isolate themselves ... go ahead and breath on, sneeze on, share spit, share the virus with each other, but just stay isolated out of the general community.

Name calling at public officials who have been trying to manage the local community since March helps what? Makes you feel better? Sure there will be a spike in the virus with school back in session, but with concerted effort and attention shut down may be avoided.
TxSquarebody
If one is afraid, simply stay locked in your home/basement/bubble and don't come out. The risk of sickness and/or death, from a multitude of things, is the price of being alive. I will not live my life in fear. Also, other's fear should never be forced upon me. Open everything up without restriction, and mind your own business!
Mister Mystery Guest
[Posters will remain respectful and refrain from name calling when posting on the Aggieland forum. -Staff]
Muzzleblast
[Posters will remain respectful and refrain from name calling when posting on the Aggieland forum. -Staff]
lost my dog
cavscout96 said:

need just north of 9000 signatures..... 9026 if you wanted to be exact
Considering Mooney ran unopposed in 2019, and the fact that there were only 6000 total votes in Crompton's contested election that year, I'd say you have your work cut out for you getting to 9000.
cavscout96
AG
lost my dog said:

cavscout96 said:

Considering Mooney ran unopposed in 2019, and the fact that there were only 6000 total votes in Crompton's contested election that year, I'd say you have your work cut out for you getting to 9000.
my mistake. I was looking at the numbers for 2016.

the 2019 results actually make it easier. 5453 votes cast. 2181 required for recall to proceed.
Hammerheadjim
AG
Isnt that private property?
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
MeKnowNot
I think the deadline to get on the ballot closed a few days ago.
cavscout96
AG
recall can happen any time
tb9665
Just came out that two sororities chapter-wide quarantine.
legalbird
Time for a gofundme for that sorority. I pledge $3 as soon as it is posted.
isitjustme
AG
tb9665 said:

Just know the quarantine is not a precaution, but rather a punishment for the sororities and a warning to others. It's about control b/c there is no proof that any of the girls involved has covid.
cavscout96
AG
agrab86 said:

tb9665 said:

Just know the quarantine is not a precaution, but rather a punishment for the sororities and a warning to others. It's about control b/c there is no proof that any of the girls involved has covid.
source?

Because, if so, holy lawsuit waiting to happen Batman!
Rapier108
cavscout96 said:

agrab86 said:

tb9665 said:

source?

Because, if so, holy lawsuit waiting to happen Batman!
According to our favorite news outlet, they have members who were exposed. It does not say anyone in either tested positive.

https://www.kbtx.com/2020/08/20/tamu-requiring-all-members-of-two-sororities-to-quarantine-after-covid-19-exposure/
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
KidDoc
AG
He ran on decreasing taxes and at the same time he wanted to build more parks.

This is nothing new but it is depressing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
isitjustme
AG
Kbtx reporting 12 of the sorority girls tested positive. Mooney still needs to go.
farmersfight
AG
he'll summon the thought police next...
Hittag1492
AG
Didn't these students just move in? Like 2 days ago? With the gestation period of the virus-wouldn't that indicate they already had it BEFORE they got here? And caught it where they came form?
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
No reason for childish name calling. I, like most others, want to be able to move on with life and I understand that COVID is not deadly for a majority of people. I want to live normally again without all of these restrictions and honestly think we should be living normally again.

That being said, actions have consequences. The sororities were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing, so this is what happened. When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. You shouldn't really expect anything else.
lost my dog
cavscout96 said:

lost my dog said:

cavscout96 said:

my mistake. I was looking at the numbers for 2016.

the 2019 results actually make it easier. 5453 votes cast. 2181 required for recall to proceed.
You're missing my point. Only 6000 voted in a contested election that year. An election that everyone on TexAgs was screaming about - "stop Crompton!" - and the posters on here lost. Most people in this town either don't care or don't agree with the take of posters on here when it comes to local politics.

My point is that I think you will be hard-pressed to find enough people willing to recall Mooney, based on general political apathy and on the track record of TexAgs posters when it comes to local election wins. Heck, P. David Romei had to charged with crimes before TexAgs posters could chalk him up as a win.

If you read social media other than TexAgs you might see that the opinions here generally come from one side of the political spectrum. I like to read posts here on local politics to see that point of view, but I don't view it as a great predictor as to what will happen at the ballot box (at least in College Station - Bryan is different.)

Maybe you think Mooney is a creeper. Maybe he was driving past the sororities to go to Blue Baker to pick up a sandwich, and just happened to gaze out of his car window. If you can manage a recall, I will be impressed and give you full credit. But I will be surprised.
bigbadbanditoburrito
[Sock banned. -Staff]
cavscout96
AG
the environment has changed since the last election. you might not get him removed, but you sure might get it but on a ballot.
Anonymous Source
S
legalbird said:

n/m
Gig 'Em
Gigem314
AG
What's ironic is that just in the past year he was downplaying the lack of online-pay options for utilities after their website was hacked and proudly declaring that he personally takes his check in-person every month.
Turf96
Big government overreach little government overreach, what's the difference? We are being ran by a group of control freaks at local, state, and national level. I'm not a sorority fan at all or Greek for that matter but he should mind his own business. Did the sorority sisters force him out of his car and sneeze on him? No drive on and mind your own frigging business. Just like overzealous HOA groups take care of yourself and leave others alone.
SCHTICK00
AG
The Good Aggieboy19 said:

No reason for childish name calling. I, like most others, want to be able to move on with life and I understand that COVID is not deadly for a majority of people. I want to live normally again without all of these restrictions and honestly think we should be living normally again.

That being said, actions have consequences. The sororities were not wearing masks or practicing social distancing, so this is what happened. When you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. You shouldn't really expect anything else.

Show me which of the sorority girls are harmed by catching COVID??? If getting sick every now and then is the "stupid prize" for a college experience that includes far more than academic data, I'm all in. I value my liberty and relationships with other people enough to risk getting sick from a virus that statistically is no threat to me. And that's at 42 with 3 kids. My 19yo self isn't missing a beat and telling you to get over yourself and crawl in whatever hole makes you feel safe.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
SCHTICK00 said:

The Good Aggieboy19 said:

Show me which of the sorority girls are harmed by catching COVID??? If getting sick every now and then is the "stupid prize" for a college experience that includes far more than academic data, I'm all in. I value my liberty and relationships with other people enough to risk getting sick from a virus that statistically is no threat to me. And that's at 42 with 3 kids. My 19yo self isn't missing a beat and telling you to get over yourself and crawl in whatever hole makes you feel safe.

I guess you didn't read the first paragraph of what I said at all.

Also, not once did I say getting sick would harm any of those girls. As a matter of fact, I even said I wish we could go back to normal life and that I think we should. The stupid game is that they did not follow COVID-related guidelines (no masks, no social distancing), and now they're suffering the stupid prize: quarantining. It literally comes down to following the rules vs not following the rules (unless they got this approved beforehand). But holding events like this right now, spreading COVID is a risk you take.

Like you, I value my relationships and liberties and I'm not worried about COVID as a threat to me either. But the fact of the matter is that they did not follow city guidelines, and now they're paying the price for it. Again, actions have consequences.
Mister Mystery Guest
There's guidelines. And there's law.

And there's guidelines that are unconstitutional.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.