Dirt pile removal

1,354 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rptsAg03
rptsAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We had a new septic system installed and have a large mound of dirt from where they had to dig for the new tanks. Any suggestions as to who we can call to haul such a large amount of earth away? We are in south College Station. Thanks!
Tailgate88
AG
Post on Craigslist Free stuff. "Free dirt, come and get it."
patrick.redmill
Tailgate88 said:

Post on Craigslist Free stuff. "Free dirt, come and get it."

I have to be honest, I tried this once and it was a huge waste of time. I must have gotten stood up six times. When someone finally showed, they just wanted to fill their the bed of the compact truck -- maybe 1/10 of what I had. I finally used it to backfill another area at my house years later.

You might want to call some of the stone and gravel places to see if they would accept it as fill dirt. Be prepared to load, deliver, and unload it, but hiring kids to do that for you is going to be easier than expecting Craigslist yahoos to do it for you.

Last resort would be the landfill, which could get pricy if you have more than a few yards.
75AG
AG
Not to derail the thread, but why didn't the septic company haul it off?
rptsAg03
I was trying to avoid Craigslist, hoping to find a business that would do this, though we realize it's quite a big job. Tried a couple of search results, but they only did large commercial hauls. It was surprisingly difficult to find someone to install a new system for us, most septic guys just want to empty your tanks. When we finally found someone, he made it clear from the get go that they would not haul away. Apparently most of their work is new construction and the home builder usually handles the mess. He did mention "knowing a guy" but we're still waiting on the quote from that guy so... here we are. We may just have a new hill feature in our landscape!
techno-ag
AG
Use it as a berm for target shooting.
maddiedou
AG
Are you in indian lakes
maddiedou
rptsAg03
We are not, but thankfully our septic guy got back to us and we got the pile hauled away this afternoon. Thanks for the input!
lawless89
Who did you use for septic? Looking to do mine soon.
rptsAg03
Advanced Septic Systems, 979-446-0694, info at advancedseptics dot com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.