What is going on with Greens Prairie...

3,460 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by jwhitlock3
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In front of Castlegate and how long will we have to detour around it? Good grief.
Tailgate88
AG
Edit because my guess was spectacularly wrong.
UmustBKidding

clip from james smith COCS engineer.
I wanted to notify you that Explorer Pipeline Company will have a contractor on site Monday to work on their gas line. They will have Greens Prairie shutdown to through traffic for 2 weeks between Amberley and Donnington to complete their work. Detours will be setup along Castlegate Dr, Victoria and WS Phillips to allow traffic to navigate around this closure.
So two week which is approximately a year in normal time.

scd88
AG
UmustBKidding said:

clip from james smith COCS engineer.
I wanted to notify you that Explorer Pipeline Company will have a contractor on site Monday to work on their gas line. They will have Greens Prairie shutdown to through traffic for 2 weeks between Amberley and Donnington to complete their work. Detours will be setup along Castlegate Dr, Victoria and WS Phillips to allow traffic to navigate around this closure.

Thank you.
PS3D
UmustBKidding said:

I wanted to point out that despite the kvetching on TexAgs, the Longmire/Rock Prairie intersection finished up relatively quickly with progress seen consistently until the whole thing was finally open and way better than the old one.
cavscout96
AG
PS3D said:

UmustBKidding said:

I wanted to point out that despite the kvetching on TexAgs, the Longmire/Rock Prairie intersection finished up relatively quickly with progress seen consistently until the whole thing was finally open and way better than the old one.
does that make up for the diverging diamond stupidity?
PS3D
cavscout96 said:

PS3D said:

UmustBKidding said:

does that make up for the diverging diamond stupidity?
Longmire/Rock Prairie was City of College Station, FM 60/FM 2818 was TxDOT.
UmustBKidding
That whole redo was mixed, the access road interface and bridge was TxDot and further back was cocs. And I do agree the longmire crossing is better, but I was friends with the Civil Engineer back when that area was originally developed and the did not take his recommendation with the longmire crossing and with the alignment of rock praire crossing at the highway because they had a better (read cheaper) way to do it. But when it got redone the road work progressed ok but they decided it needed to be natural stone median not just pavers or stamped concrete and it took months extra with lanes closed to finish that aspect. College Station likely has the best median in the country, lanes sufficient to handle expected traffic, not so much.
Tailgate88
AG
Anyone know how much longer GPR is going to be detoured? Especially now that school has started, it's a giant pain in the asphalt...
MiMi
S
It was open this afternoon.
jwhitlock3
Anyone know about Arrington? Turning off Greens Prairie onto Arrington they tore it out about two weeks ago and the road is horrible with no sign of construction there. I can't find anything on the city's site on any projects. It's like they ripped it out and forgot about it.
threecatcorner
The other day, I was going towards Pecan Trail Intermediate School which is located on Greens Prairie Trail, and the sign at that last corner of Royder Rd and Greens Prairie Trail had the wrong street listed. I was turning from Royder Rd onto Greens Prairie Trail which I recognized because I could see Pecan Trail and the elementary school next to it, but the street sign claimed I was turning onto Greens Prairie Rd. Did they get signs mixed up when they were working on the road?
PS3D
threecatcorner said:

The other day, I was going towards Pecan Trail Intermediate School which is located on Greens Prairie Trail, and the sign at that last corner of Royder Rd and Greens Prairie Trail had the wrong street listed. I was turning from Royder Rd onto Greens Prairie Trail which I recognized because I could see Pecan Trail and the elementary school next to it, but the street sign claimed I was turning onto Greens Prairie Rd. Did they get signs mixed up when they were working on the road?
Would be confusing if they decided to rename that section of GPT to Greens Prairie Road. Technically, the "old" Greens Prairie Road West that went north and west doesn't exist anymore (sections renamed to Woodlake and Victoria Avenue) but I really don't know.
birdman
PS3D said:

UmustBKidding said:

Intersection is better without a doubt.

But it wasn't done relatively quickly. It also didn't have consistent progress. Even measured against other road projects in the area, this one was a turd.

You can continue to pimp for your construction firm. You still aren't fooling anyone, no matter how many times you say the same lies.
Tailgate88
AG
PS3D said:

threecatcorner said:

Would be confusing if they decided to rename that section of GPT to Greens Prairie Road. Technically, the "old" Greens Prairie Road West that went north and west doesn't exist anymore (sections renamed to Woodlake and Victoria Avenue) but I really don't know.
Actually, I believe they renamed Greens Prairie Trail to (an extension of) Greens Prairie Rd. at the same they renamed the section of Greens Prairie Road that turned at Woodlake Drive and then curved around to the town of Wellborn. The first part of Greens Prairie Rd. was renamed as (an extension of) Woodlake Drive, and then when it turns left to go to Wellborn, that section was renamed as (an extension of) Victoria.

With that said, I have been completely wrong on this thread once already so I may be mistaken.
jwhitlock3
jwhitlock3 said:

Anyone know about Arrington? Turning off Greens Prairie onto Arrington they tore it out about two weeks ago and the road is horrible with no sign of construction there. I can't find anything on the city's site on any projects. It's like they ripped it out and forgot about it.

Answered my own question this morning, they were out there repaving it today.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.