St. Thomas Early Learning Center

1,976 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 1.618
frog_killer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The wife and I are planning to relocate back to Aggieland in the next 6 months to a year, and are in the process of looking into daycares/Pre-K. We are both from the area originally and my wife actually went there as a kid growing up and had a great experience.

We were wondering if anyone here has kids that go there and if it is still a good place to send your kids, and maybe get an idea on tuition rates?

Thanks in advance for the help!
histag10
AG
Its fantastic if you can get in. There was roughly an 8 month-year wait list last time we looked. If i remember right, it was under 900/month
AggieAces06
AG
I've heard good things about them, but we were discouraged from getting on their infant list 6 years ago because it was already 3 pages long. We used Primrose for infant care.

If your child is 18 months, look into Golden Keys Learning Center. We moved our son there at 18 months and he starts kindergarten next week. We have been very happy with them, and they are much more reasonably priced than other pre-schools. Our son is already reading simple books and writing basic words on his own.
JMac03
AG
We were very happy there. We moved there when my daughter was maybe 15-18 months old. I will say I felt like the curriculum declined a little when directors changed but we were still very happy with them.
Another Doug
AG
Just to be clear, the people talking about infant care are probably referring to St. Thomas Aquinas.

St. Thomas (Episcopal) ELC is still wonderful. Best pre-school in town (in my opinion). Your wife will find there are lots of former students that send their kids there. I think there are even some 3rd generation students at this point.

I have an old email with tuition info I will PM it to you.

jwj
Stelc is great. Son went there and he loved it. It gave him an appreciation of learning.
jim james
histag10
AG
I completely thought you meant St. Thomas Aquinas.

I know this isnt about where you asked, but...

If you are looking for a preschool, i cannot recommend Powersports Jump2Learning enough. Very thorough lessons and "classes" (every teacher we encountered there had a bachelors degree), they take gymnastics and music/spanish, and they have one of the later pick up times in town (6:45). My son starts kinder this year, and is ahead in most areas because of Jump2Learning. They are also incredibly affordable compared to some places in town ($700/month for full time 4 year old). They start at 2 years old.

I would suggest at least touring their facilities or looking into their curriculum.
JMac03
AG
Sorry my response was for St. Thomas Aquinas too.
frog_killer
AG
Thanks to everyone for the info!
BetsyParker
AG
STELC is FANTASTIC! We just finished a little over a decade there as each of our children went through. I don't think you will regret a tour.
AEP Ag
Agree with all the folks in favor. I was very ambivalent when my wife wanted us to put our kids there. However I'm completely converted. I doubt you can find a better place to start your children's education.
befitter
It's reputation is and always has been excellent.
davido
AG
It's a great place. Special place for our kids. We have our third one going through now. Highly recommend. The staff is amazing and they spend a lot of time outside getting dirty, the way kids should. Lots of learning by doing, playing.
I sent 2 of my 3 kids there through kindergarten. Both are now in college. I was recently talking fondly about it and do you know what they remember? Not much. I was shocked since I have strong, positive memories about the place. They remembered the large climbing structure (no longer there) and catching minnows in the little pond. I got out some pics and they agreed it was nice---but mostly it seems like it was good memories for ME. They were both very happy there. I never had trouble getting them out of the car and onto the playground. Some days, they resisted leaving. They were challenged in appropriate ways. It set up a great foundation and a love of school that may or may not have been beaten out of them by the "system" in later years.....

I'm glad that they attended at St Thomas ELC. It made me feel good to know they were well taken care of and loved.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.