Thomas pool signs

2,010 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by rsa
threecatcorner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was driving through College Hills and noticed several signs that say, "Thomas Pool. We miss you" and something else (maybe a website) written at the bottom in a much smaller font. I absolutely could not read that extra line. I think it said, "For more information", but whatever followed was unreadable.

Anyone know what they say?

Also, in the same area there was a big sign in one lot that said "wildflowers destroyed by order of College Station" (or maybe "destroyed by College Station"). Anyone know the story behind that?
Belton Ag
AG
threecatcorner said:

I was driving through College Hills and noticed several signs that say, "Thomas Pool. We miss you" and something else (maybe a website) written at the bottom in a much smaller font. I absolutely could not read that extra line. I think it said, "For more information", but whatever followed was unreadable.

Anyone know what they say?

Also, in the same area there was a big sign in one lot that said "wildflowers destroyed by order of College Station" (or maybe "destroyed by College Station"). Anyone know the story behind that?
Pretty sure they're referring to the swimming pool in Thomas Park that the city filled in last year.
taxpreparer
AG
The wildflowers sign is a house on Walton. The owner likes to let his yard grow rampant until the city code enforcement makes him mow
***It's your money, not theIRS! (At least for a little while longer.)
threecatcorner
I know which pool they mean, but these are recent signs since they say "we miss you" instead of the older messages that were trying to save it.

Curious if the unreadable website address is a new campaign to try to get the city to rebuild it or something.
The small print says something like "Pool not Poop" because the city was considering turning the Thomas Park Pool into a dog park. The pool is no longer operational but I'm not sure that the dog park idea is moving forward. With city budget cuts it is probably no pool and no dog park for now.
threecatcorner
I thought the city shot down the dog park idea even before they decided they weren't going to repair or replace the pool.

I did see the old "pool not poop" signs back when that was being discussed a couple years ago.

So I guess it's the same group and they've got new signs.

Looks like they've got facebook.com/poolnotpoop so I guess that's likely what's in small print on the signs.
rsa
AG
The small print reads:

"For Information: thomasparkrevitalization@gmail.com"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.