Thoughts on CEO fiber internet?

3,205 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MsDoubleD81
labmansid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just found out yesterday that our area will likely have the option of internet through fiber from CEO soon. I was hoping to get some input from anyone in town with experience of their service. What kind of speeds do you get and what do you pay for it, how reliable is it, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
BMo
Sid, my daughter has it in Duck Haven and likes it. Can't tell you anything about speed though. She says it's quick and it has handled 4 persons devices/computers.
75AG
AG
We live in Duck Haven, have it, and love it. 200Mb for $100 per month and no caps. Very reliable and rarely have any troubles.
cavscout96
AG
Haven;t used it, but there is no way humanly possible that it CAN'T be better than Suddenlink.
labmansid
Thanks guys, good to know. Well, Suddenstink isn't even an option for us, so no worries there!
mgreen
All the new subdivisions like Midtown and Southern Pointe use CEO and have fiberoptic cables.
MsDoubleD81
AG
I have CEO. Streaming with YouTube TV. No issues so far.
WheelinAg
AG
cavscout96 said:

Haven;t used it, but there is no way humanly possible that it CAN'T be better than Suddenlink.
Ha, deal with Frontier Internet! 5-6 down and 0.7 up!
thann07
AG
We have CEO in Mission Ranch. No issues so far, except that it took longer than I would've liked to get them out for the initial install.
RDH80
AG
Very interested in CEO and called for pricing. Apparently I have to pay for a "fiber tap from the hand hole to the distribution can inside of the residence" at a fee of $800.....plus activation fee of $ 100 and then the $ 99/mo .

Has anyone else had to pay the $ 800? I know Brazos WiFi says that in most cases, as long as fiber is on the street, then the connection fee to the house is only $99 for them.....

Just trying to figure out if I'm getting hammered with the $ 800 fee and CEO is now the Suddenlink of the fiber world....
KaneIsAble
AG
Depends on the run. We paid $400 a couple of years ago but the run was only roughly a 100 feet to tie into the house. You can do the math from there.
BrazosWifi
RDH80 said:

CEO is now the Suddenlink of the fiber world....

LOL.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
befitter
Do it.
UmustBKidding
Mine was not nearly that expensive, but special construction costs are pretty much the norm if you are in an un-served area. In my area there was $125 activation/ install fee, you rent or buy the NIU (10mo or $150) and the prorated fee for the balance of the month. So basically ~$300 buying the NIU with a mid month install. My drop from the hand hold to the entrance facility was > 400ft and was included. I offered to pay they to move up the schedule since they had a hand hold within 1000ft but got no traction.
Been pretty reliable, sudden link contractor cut their trunk and was out about 6 hours and on other intermittent outage for less than an hour.
Old Ag 74
AG
BrazosWifi said:

RDH80 said:

LOL.

Howdy - Does Brazos Wifi service the Indian Lakes area? Currently have Suddenlink for internet, phone, and cable tv as does most everyone else out here I think. Would like to have internet only at a reasonable price so I could then use a streaming service like YouTube TV and possibly save a little each month.
BrazosWifi
Old Ag 74 said:

BrazosWifi said:

RDH80 said:

LOL.

Howdy - Does Brazos Wifi service the Indian Lakes area? Currently have Suddenlink for internet, phone, and cable tv as does most everyone else out here I think. Would like to have internet only at a reasonable price so I could then use a streaming service like YouTube TV and possibly save a little each month.
We have received a good bit of interest in IL but we haven't built in yet. Make sure you register at https://www.ineedbetterinternet.com so we can reach out when we start.
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
thann07
AG
thann07 said:

We have CEO in Mission Ranch. No issues so far, except that it took longer than I would've liked to get them out for the initial install.

Update: it's been terrible this week (I've been unable to watch TV or do work). Calls and emails to CEO have gone unanswered.
EBrazosAg
AG
Sounds like my CEO wireless experience the last 3 yr I had it .....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MsDoubleD81
AG
thann07 said:

thann07 said:

Update: it's been terrible this week (I've been unable to watch TV or do work). Calls and emails to CEO have gone unanswered.
CEO froze up right after the florida cleat play. Hopefully its stable on Saturday!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.