Rifle ranges in the BCS area?

2,012 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Old Ag 74
Old Ag 74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to the website for Gunsmoke and it says they have closed down. The only range I could find on Google was CCC, but they seemed very expensive ($850 per year, or $125 per month). I probably would want to shoot only two or three times a year. Anyone know of a reasonably priced rifle range in the area? TIA!
BCStalk
Marksman Academy is going to be a little cheaper. Arrowhead is non membership but the place is slightly run down. Those and CCC are the only ones.

https://www.themarksmanoutdoors.com/
jh88ag
AG
It's not really in the immediate area; but not too far away...
Sendero Shooting Sports in Belton. https://www.senderoshootingsports.com/

It's a great all-indoor range with five 105 yard rifle lanes. Sure is nice to be in the a/c this time of year. I've visited them once and plan to go again this weekend. Very friendly staff.
histag10
AG
When did gunsmoke shut down?
BQ_90
AG
histag10 said:

seems like it was before Covid, maybe last winter.
BCStalk
Probably about 3 months ago is when I saw it
histag10
AG
Im pretty sure my husband was there early this year (januaryish?).
Agshooter05
How far are you wanting to shoot? CCC has daily fees for non members but you have to either go as somebody's guest or you are limited to the distance you are allowed to shoot.
BQ_90
AG
histag10 said:

Im pretty sure my husband was there early this year (januaryish?).
then it was after that.
GSS
histag10 said:

Late May of this year.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
GSS
I think Marksmans Range is still "re-developing" their rifle range. And from what I recall, it's limited to 100 yds.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Old Ag 74
AG
Agshooter05 said:

How far are you wanting to shoot? CCC has daily fees for non members but you have to either go as somebody's guest or you are limited to the distance you are allowed to shoot.
Just 100 yards probably. Do you know what the daily fee would be for that? Thanks!
DayTrip
Further than the BCS area is Shooter's Station in Conroe. Indoor rifle range - 100 yards, indoor pistol range 25 or 50 yards - haven't gone on pistol range. It was fairly priced and I don't recall any wonky restrictions like ranges up near Dallas saying no FMJ. No rapid fire (not a deal breaker for me). No green tip/steel core IIRC. Bring eye and ear pro or rent them for about $1 each. A fella next to me brought out a .308 two stalls over and the concussive boom was felt throughout my skull and chest. I think their range rules are posted online. No loaded weapons until on the firing line.

Shooters Station
studioone
My back yard?
AggiePhil
AG
Unfortunately, the local shooting range scene is not great. Each place has major limitations. All around, CCC has the best facility but fairly restrictive rules and pricing structure. Arrowhead used to be my favorite but it has become extremely run-down and poorly maintained.
techno-ag
AG
studioone said:

My back yard?
If you can swing it, several acres outside the city limits is a true luxury.
histag10
AG
techno-ag said:

studioone said:

My back yard?
If you can swing it, several acres outside the city limits is a true luxury.

There are 7 acres for sale next door to us. No buildings, no water, no electricity, no septic, not fully fenced, currently no address or direct access, mesquite pasture. They are asking 230,000 i think. They asked if we wanted to buy it, but got a hard no from us. Thats basically what we paid for 5 acres with a home, barn, pond, and half the property cleared. We told them if they dont find a buyer, we'd pay around what tax assessor has it valued at.
Agshooter05
They'll let you shoot 100 yds all day long. It is $25 if you're a guest and $40 if you just show up as a non member
Justified
Don't forget Able ammo in Huntsville has a rifle range. I can't remember the prices or other stipulations?
TSJ
AG
studioone said:

My back yard?

When can I come over?
AggiePhil
AG
Agshooter05 said:

They'll let you shoot 100 yds all day long. It is $25 if you're a guest and $40 if you just show up as a non member

It's just an open bay. Nothing set up and if multiple people are there trying to use it, it's a ****show. They should allow day passes for the entire facility and then it might be worth the $40. But even then, the pistol ranges don't have steel and the rifle ranges aren't set up for paper targets, just unknown distance steel everywhere. Lots of potential there but really just set up for PRS style competition shooting currently.
Old Ag 74
AG
Agshooter05 said:

Thanks for the information!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.