Military Helicopters?

2,394 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
amanda04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I live in Bryan and our backyard has a general flight path for Easterwood. We frequently see the commercial planes flying over our backyard. Just now, we saw 3 military medical helicopters and a chinook flying low, looking like they were headed into Easterwood. Any idea why military helicopters would be coming into town?
The Brazos Kid
Refueling?

I see them every once in a while...
trouble
AG
Training flights. It's pretty common.
Buford T. Justice
AG
About a week or two past, I would see one flying to the east from south College Station. And conversely westwardly back to CS.
cavscout96
AG
trouble said:

yes, there are USAR and TXARNG helo units all within a reasonable proximity that land here during training to refuel and might also take a trip over to Northgate for a burger and T-fries.... maybe.... just guessing
cavscout96
AG
TTF-1 also often has Guard helos flying in support. Might be doing something from the deployment ISO Hanna
Frisco
AG
cavscout96 said:

trouble said:

yes, there are USAR and TXARNG helo units all within a reasonable proximity that land here during training to refuel and might also take a trip over to Northgate for a burger and T-fries.... maybe.... just guessing
lol...riiiiiiight...just guessing.
AggiePhil
AG
Jade Helm 2.0
classicdoug
AG
A couple of years ago I had a customer who flew Apaches. He would fly down and hover over my shop to see his car. Then he would land at Easterwood and show up a bit later in a loaner car to check out the progress on his car. He said he needed flight hours for training.....
Hammerheadjim
AG
There 3-4 routine flights from Rellis (Futures Army Command) to main campus / Easterwood daily. Several also to Austin and Ft. Hood.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
cavscout96
AG
amanda04
AG
Thanks everyone! I knew y'all would know some stuff!
duffelpud
AG
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ptE1NXF1xSx3REDV8
"What's this button do?"
amanda04
AG
That was them duffelpud!
chickencoupe16
AG
Not your helicopters, but 6 Black Hawks flew over as I was mowing. I only got 5 out of the 6, though.
duffelpud
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

That group flew over our house while we were in the pool.
Did they circle back around for another look...

or increase speed?
"What's this button do?"
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.