Fresh, local seafood place?

2,888 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SPI-FlatsCatter 84
PaidInFull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is there a good place to get good fish in BCS?

gracias!
AC Hopper
S
H.E.B. -- Tower Point & Jones Crossing locations.
halibut sinclair
RIP, Fred & Fred
ontheedge
We make day trips to the coast every few months and stock up on fish. Couldn't ever get up here what you can get there.
TXAGBQ76
AG
We have a lady who lives in I believe Kemah that delivered fresh fish, shrimp, oysters, home made gumbo, homemade stuffed crab w/wo jalapeo, etc. for a bunch of years.

She delivers to us in CS whenever we want to order. Basically she sends/ calls us a list of what she will have and we order. If we are not going to be home, we leave an ice chest with a check in it and we come home to an ice chest fully of seafood.
BMo
There used to be a family that sold pies, veggies, etc down near Graham Rd. They also went to the coast and brought back fish by what folks ordered. I haven't seen anything about them in some time.
Tailgate88
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

We have a lady who lives in I believe Kemah that delivered fresh fish, shrimp, oysters, home made gumbo, homemade stuffed crab w/wo jalapeo, etc. for a bunch of years.

She delivers to us in CS whenever we want to order. Basically she sends/ calls us a list of what she will have and we order. If we are not going to be home, we leave an ice chest with a check in it and we come home to an ice chest fully of seafood.
How does one get on her list?
TXAGBQ76
AG
I will get her contact info from my wife and provide it to you.
PaidInFull
AC Hopper said:

Buddy got some there the other day. Was good, but was just curious if there was a designated seafood supplier in the area. There may have been a place near Villa Maria and Fenfeather years ago?
studioone
woud love to split an order of oysters up with someone.. lol

Family cant stand them, but I love raw oysters...

and I dont think I could keep a large amount .. they'd go bad before I could eat em.
Tailgate88
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

I will get her contact info from my wife and provide it to you.

That would be greatly appreciated!
MsDoubleD81
AG
I love this way of doing business!
TXAGBQ76
AG
Her name is Sandra and her number is 979-282-1741.

She isn't the cheapest, but always great quality. Everything is fileted and flash frozen pretty much the same day. What she has can change from time to, but she always has frozen jumbo/medium shrimp (10# min, peeled and de-veined)), fresh shrimp, fresh crab meat (in season), fresh oysters (in season) by the quart, home made gumbo (by the quart), stuffed crab, crab cakes (regular and jalapeno), stuffed flounder, etc. Last time she had frozen flounder, red fish, snapper, salmon, tuna, mahi mahi, scallops, crawfish, etc.

She goes as far as Marble Falls for a couple of customers- and maybe other areas.
FlyRod
This is fantastic info, thanks! Will likely contact her soon.
Tailgate88
AG
Bump! We ordered from Sandra last month and the fish was great! She is coming again Thursday but you need to get your order in tonight or first thing in the AM to get on this month's run! So nice to have a good source again and as a bonus she is the daughter of the gentlemen who used to deliver fish to us 20 years ago.
histag10
AG
AC Hopper said:

They have a decent selection, but their fish is all frozen, and then defrosted to be put in the display case
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yep, she will be stopping by our house again tomorrow!
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
histag10 said:

AC Hopper said:

They have a decent selection, but their fish is all frozen, and then defrosted to be put in the display case

I dont believe that is true for all varieties. Certainly for some. For sure the valley stores are fresh, never frozen on local catch n ..... except where clearly marked on shelf

What is your source?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.