Boot repair

1,300 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tumble Weed
RMC91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I've had some done at Gomez and was really satisfied.
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
+1 for Gomez. I've taken three pairs in for this and they've done a great job. Be prepared for a 30+ day turnaround.
RMC91
AG
BANA89
AG
Ditto for Gomez
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
JMac03
AG
Another for Gomez. I didn't have boots done but had a few pair of heels repaired years ago.
RMC91
AG
src94
AG
I used Sam's Shoe Service MANY years ago. Not sure what he's like these days.
src94
Post removed:
by user
Cayaggie01
AG
src94 said:

I used Sam's Shoe Service MANY years ago. Not sure what he's like these days.

I use Sam's. Just got 2 done. Sams no longer there but they still do good work. 2-3 week turnaround
DimeBox17
AG
I took a pair of boots to Sam's that needed new soles and some work done on the heels. I dropped them off and they said to call back in a week to see if they were ready so I did. They weren't ready but he said they should be ready the following day. I call the next day and now he's unable to find my boots. I'm traveling for work at the time so I didn't have time to go back and forth to the shop to check on them. Anyways, it ended up being a 4 week turnaround after an original estimate of 1 week. I called and checked on them probably 4 or 5 times and finally the last week that I called he said he would finish them that day and I could pick them up. I didn't absolutely need the boots done in a week but a few weeks would have been nice.

I will try Gomez next time.
Tumble Weed
Just had some shoes done at Gomez. 2 week turnaround. $115, which was more that I expected.

Impressed with the work, I am going to take him some boots.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.