Movers

2,738 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DPlainview
Jon Ponder 08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Moving and wanting to see everyone's thoughts on movers in town. Any recs?

Thanks!
Charli

Sarge's Moving Company - took very good care of us

http://sargesmoving.com/
rsa
AG
+1 for Sarge's. They did a great job!
TAMC11
AG
Sarge's
armymom
Little Guys
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Awesome, thanks!!
AggiePhil
AG
G&M Haulers
op_06
AG
Has anyone recommended D&D yet? Because they shouldn't.
CR173
AG
G&M
Bucketrunner
D and D was a disaster. What they didn't tear up came up missing. They particularly love antiques.
motherrunnersBCS
Used Conlee-Garett twice for in town moves. Will use again.
op_06
AG
They were nearly an hour late for an out of town move. One of their employees was "sick" and vomited several times in the road beside their truck. I suspect he was hungover based on his behavior and comments being made by co-workers.

They broke several items through negligence and damaged sheetrock in my new home. A family member also walked in while they were actively trying to conceal damage they caused to a piece of furniture.

I mistakenly believed they they were a reputable company solely based on their status as a texags sponsor. Won't ever make that mistake again. Unreal.
Desert Power
AG
Sarge's is the way to go. Little stuff to me makes a big difference. We were scheduled for an 8am move and they showed up 15 min early. Guys were very professional and handled our stuff with care. Great company and I'll use them again if we need to relocate within town
75AG
AG
op_06 said:

Has anyone recommended D&D yet? Because they shouldn't.
D&D. Making a small move into an all-day-long disaster. You've been warned. Multiple times.
chloelee
Agree with others, D & D was HORRIBLE. G&M was great on the next move we had.
legalbird
g&m if you like to be treated with respect
Kidwrangler
I highly recommend G&M Haulers. They handled my things with care (not one broken or scratched item) and after setting a piece down in their van, would practically run back into the house for the next item. Added to that, during the pre-move visit, I miscalculated how much I would already have moved ahead of time, so they had quite a bit more waiting for them when they arrived. They took that in stride, did not stop for lunch, and the final bill was easily within the estimate I'd been given for moving only the large items I'd originally intended for them to move. It was money well spent with a great company!
TimsParents
S
Sad to see all the bad reviews for D&D. We used them three times when we first moved to TX 20 years ago and were always very satisfied. Sad to see a company go downhill like that.
Gig'Em & God Bless
Three Twenties and A Ten
AG
We recently used Dapper Men Moving and had a GREAT experience! Said they had been operating in Austin for a few years and recently opened in BCS. Have moved 13x over the last 20yrs and best moving experience we have had so far.

Owner personally gave us a quote and handled communication, and the crew was courteous, efficient, and careful with our stuff. Definitely would recommend.
Post removed:
by user
dallasiteinsa02
D and D was told to take a bunch of boxes into the second floor attic. They put them in the garage and tried to hide the with other items. When I called them out on it, they just went to the truck and said they aren't moving them upstairs.
DDMOVERS
AG
As a former Aggie Football Letterman and the owner of a family owned business for 20 years now here in Aggieland, we strive for perfection and relying on repeat and referrals, with that being said we do apologize that you have received anything less than satisfactory service.

I would encourage you to express your problems and / or concerns to me directly, rather thru a public forum with a negative review and no chance to discuss privately and/or the chance to make it right.

We don't have an A+ rating with the BBB because we do not address problems that may occur!

My email is dan@ddmovers.com and my personal cell number is 979-412-1358.

I look forward to hearing from you and more so look forward to addressing your concerns and/or issues with our service!

We are not perfect but we damn sure give it 110%!

Check out this video.....

https://www.facebook.com/547181365392927/videos/1363373853773670/?__so__=channel_tab&__rv__=all_videos_card

Sincerely,

Dan Daniel
D&D Moving and Storage, Inc.
Aggie_95
AG
G&M is the right choice. I just hope you don't snag the date I need in August!!!!
montegobay
Used D and D last summer. They use teenagers for movers. They destroyed the walls along our stairs. No idea what they were doing.
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Wow, I really appreciate all of the input on here! It's great to have a community like B/CS that is as informed and supportive as you all are. Thanks again and take care!
Jon Ponder 08
AG
Also, I thought I had seen a thread on moving boxes but apparently have failed to locate again; anyone have boxes they're throwing out or have a reliable store/source looking to offload?
Post removed:
by user
chloelee
Refused to make ours right too. Dan knew about everything after many cell phone calls with him.
TCT Legend
We used Sarge's Moving Service just this past week. Extremely happy with the service they provided. Moved from the Austin Area to CS, everything went perfectly!!
DPlainview
AG
We had a great cross-country full-house move including extended storage with Crossroads. I would use them again in a heartbeat.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.