Vivint sales

2,304 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by MiMi
SoTheySay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I know the sales people have been around several neighborhoods over the last few days. I have read that some people say it's a scam while Vivint has info on their site about their supposedly legitimacy.

Anyone have personal experience?
KC_Ag14
AG
We're current Vivint users and don't have any complaints roughly 6 months in. We financed the equipment package, and it's combined with our monthly service for a total of ~$75/month. User friendly app and devices. You do have to get a permit through the city to respond to fire/burglary signals.
txgardengirl
Paging @thealarmguy

We are big ASC fans - we have an app, it works with Alexa and cost a fraction of others with monitoring
scd88
AG
I was not comfortable with the 5 year contract they were proposing. I don't know if that's standard or not.
foo00
AG
I've always heard ~$75/month as well. Also, not great service and very little "stand behind our products".. but everyone's expectation is different.

Honestly the price alone makes it crazy. $75/month and a 5 year contract is $4500! David at ASC is like $30/month and you buy the system up-front. That's only $1800 over 5 years. I 100% guarantee you that their systems do NOT run $2700 (the difference in prices). Heck, you can probably put in a huge camera system AND an alarm system for less than that even.

AND David and Nick are awesome people and will actually answer the phone and be able to be at your house even same-day if it was truly life or death.
TheAlarmGuy
SoTheySay said:

I know the sales people have been around several neighborhoods over the last few days. I have read that some people say it's a scam while Vivint has info on their site about their supposedly legitimacy.

Anyone have personal experience?
HI SoTheySay,

I'm David with Advanced Security Concepts a Locally Owned and operated Alarm company.

We have have been in Business in the Brazos valley for over 20 years. We are Licensed by the the State of Texas B09523 to do Alarms and Camera sales and installs .

We are also licensed by the State of Texas to do Fire ACR 1751717.

We can install anything you need, plus we can respond to any calls for help with in 1 hour.
Our office number is 979-six90-8five16 email sales@advancedsec.com

Please give us the opportunity to earn your business.

Thank You and God Bless.

David,
Sponsor Message: Advanced Security Concepts | Reliable security by dependable people at an affordable price | david1@advancedsec.com | 979-690-8516 | State Lic B09523
lockett93
AG
Ring alarm with professional monitoring is $100/year.
lawless89
ASC. The absolute best.
Anti-taxxer
AG
Vivint is the company from hell. Avoid at all costs. Their customer service is trash; they don't keep notes from calls; and they will manipulate service agreements.

We had to report them to the BBB. They are absolutely awful.
Belton Ag
AG
When we moved into our house the previous owners had Vivint and left behind all the equipment. Out of curiosity I called the up and asked what the program was. They wanted a 7 year contract at $65 per month with enormous fees to break the deal. I ended up taking all the stuff off the wall and threw it away because they didn't even want it back.
johnnyblaze36
AG
scd88 said:

I was not comfortable with the 5 year contract they were proposing. I don't know if that's standard or not.
A buddy of mine signed the 5 year contract at his home that he ended up selling after three years in it and they do not let you out of the contract under any circumstances (he moved to a rental) and he ended up having to pay them a balance of over $1,500 all at once.
Anonymous Source
S
They came by our house last week, and I listened for about a minute and told the guy I wasn't interested. He kept on and kept on and kept on and kept on, and I told him again and again that I was not interested.

He was still pitching when I closed the door in his face. And I hate to do do that, because I know you're just doing your job. But in case you missed it when I said it the first four times, I'm not interested. Thanks, and feel free to go on about your day somewhere else besides my porch.
Gig 'Em
halibut sinclair
Anonymous Source said:

They came by our house last week, and I listened for about a minute and told the guy I wasn't interested. He kept on and kept on and kept on and kept on, and I told him again and again that I was not interested.

He was still pitching when I closed the door in his face. And I hate to do do that, because I know you're just doing your job. But in case you missed it when I said it the first four times, I'm not interested. Thanks, and feel free to go on about your day somewhere else besides my porch.
Same exact thing happened to me last week.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Same exact thing happened to me last week.
Same here in Castlegate. A couple of days later, a guy with a clipboard with a Kindred decal on it rode down my driveway on a hoverboard and knocked on my door.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.