Hoping we get some rain this week

8,097 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Oogway
AggieAces06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Again, we were right in between all the heavy stuff. Not even a 10th of an inch... all around us had an inch or more probably.
scd88
AG
I left town for the day, but not before I ran the damn sprinklers this morning....

But, glad we got some rain in my hood.
scd88
AG
Man, it is really coming down at my place. Creek Meadow Estates.
Stupe
S
I'll take credit for that.

I was about to go run some errands after being inside all day.
waterchick
Area rainfall totals are updated daily here: https://bvwatersmart.tamu.edu/ data comes from digital rain gauges placed around Bryan and College Station. On Monday all of the sprinkler icons were green, meaning watering needed. Now seeing some turn to red, meaning watering not needed.

An outstanding, yet simple, piece of watering advice I received (credit to Texas A&M Agrilife Water University): "irrigation supplements rainfall, not the other way around."

My rain gauge recorded 0.25" Monday, 0.5" yesterday, and so far 0.25" today, so I will keep my sprinklers off for now.
redd38
AG
Looks like it's about to be a very wet move-out day
Oogway
Over 2 inches in my gauge. Middle of CS (Old Midtown, not new Midtown). Very welcome this time of year, but understandably an annoyance for movers. However, if they are up early, it's a little cooler today.
scd88
AG
Great storm last night.
pants
2.8" in our gage this morning in southwood valley.
happyinBCS
3.4 inches in Woodcreek
TLIAC
AG
Almost 4 inches in Shenandoah last night.
The Brazos Kid
TLIAC said:

And I slept right thru it like a baby!
doubledog
TxFoundry said:

TLIAC said:

And I slept right thru it like a baby!
Woke up heard the thunder went back to sleep smiling.
Oogway

lawless89
Seemed like it was lightening almost all night long. We got 2.5 inches off 30 and had a couple of washout spots. New place for us that's 5 acres and glad to see the land did decent with a short, heavy downpour.
scd88
AG
One month bump here....

My weather app says we have rain coming the next few days. The radar says otherwise. Where is this "rain" coming from?

Side note - have y'all seen the temps for late next week? Mmmmmm, delicious. Low 80's.
91_Aggie
AG
scd88 said:

One month bump here....

My weather app says we have rain coming the next few days. The radar says otherwise. Where is this "rain" coming from?

Side note - have y'all seen the temps for late next week? Mmmmmm, delicious. Low 80's.
Umm. sometimes rain comes because storms just start forming... there doesn't need to be a set of clouds and rain coming down from Canada for several days before it gets here.

Rapier108
Aggie Dome is putting up a valiant fight.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
It's been raining off and on at my house in Bryan since about 8:30 this morning.
Omega6464
Rain at the house and over a half inch at the farm! Hallelujah!
"He who attempts to govern, ploughs the sea" -Simon Bolivar
curry97
AG
Over 8 inches of rain at our farm near Kosse.
trouble
AG
Heavy rain again here at Carter Creek and Villa Maria
dachicken89
AG
Nary a spit'o rain here in South CS/Towerpoint. Just a tease to look out the window facing north and seeing the dark clouds laughing at my crisped lawn and wilted plants.
scd88
AG
dachicken89 said:

Nary a spit'o rain here in South CS/Towerpoint. Just a tease to look out the window facing north and seeing the dark clouds laughing at my crisped lawn and wilted plants.

Effing dry line. How frustrating.
histag10
AG
Been raining for over an hour at our house in the Tabor area. Rained HARD for about 20-30 minutes
scd88
AG
Unreal how dry it is in my neighborhood. How unfortunate the dry line is literally over the Fitch corridor.
aggietoolman
AG
Got soaked on campus at lunch and figured I'd see some good news when I get home. About .1 inches in the rain gauge. So disappointing.
scd88
AG
Rain chance for this evening and tomorrow started at 80% and now it's down to 50%. It will end up at the typical 20% and we'll get nothing.

I'll go turn my sprinkler back on.

At least the temps are lower, though. That's a bonus.
MiMi
S
Getting some heavy rain right now in south CS!
trouble
AG
Heavy rain here as well
dachicken89
AG
Looks like the dome finally cracked!
scd88
AG
Hmm. All it took was some incessant whining from me and also for me to also just leave town.

Duly noted.
Oogway
That had nothing to do with it.

I am confident that it rained because I washed my car AND mowed the lawn.

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.