Fireworks EVERYWHERE!

6,651 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by 91_Aggie
CS78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
South College Station hood. Never seen it like this. Artillery shells going off all over the place. Guess with all the BS that's been going on, foks just need to let off some steam.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Is that why I hear police sirens!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
As long as they're done by 1030-11 no problem. People need to blow off some steam.
Rapier108
MsDoubleD81 said:

Police, Fire, and EMS calls are insane at the moment.

Besides some grass fires, there are numerous auto accidents, someone unconscious with CPR in progress, and the strangest is two people gored by a bull. There was also a structure fire on Old College Road.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MsDoubleD81
AG
Then let the fireworks continue.
new straw
Seriously? There is a cpr in progress and this is your takeaway?
toolshed
AG
As KBTX came back to Rellis after the show, a fire truck was pulling out with lights and sirens. I figured it was just for an accident with everyone leaving. I guess the full moon is in effect! Everyone stay safe out there.
CS78
MsDoubleD81 said:

Somebodies dog was having flashbacks.

MsDoubleD81
AG
The bull goring piqued my attention.
kyledr04
AG
Big show all along the Wellborn neighborhoods
TLIAC
AG
My dogs are freaked even with their hemp oil. It's time for people to stop, my husband has to be on shift in the morning at 0700. The fireworks in the city limits each year almost makes me hate this holiday.
Rapier108
MsDoubleD81 said:

The bull goring piqued my attention.
It was one of the weirdest calls I've heard on Broadcastify.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
fcag
AG
I love that we live just outside the city limits and we and all our neighbors have lit up the sky tonight to celebrate July 4!
isitjustme
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

As long as they're done by 1030-11 no problem. People need to blow off some steam.
As long as they're distancing a wearing non-flammable face coverings, it's even less of a problem.
Rapier108
And another structure fire, this time at Southern Oaks Baptist Church on Grassbur Road. Never heard a "Life hazard fire" as the tone out. They've already called for Precinct 3 and 4 volunteers as well as at least one engine from Bryan or CS.

First unit on the scene reported fire throughout the structure and they're going totally defensive.

Crazy night, and its not even a full moon.
MiMi
S
Quote:

My dogs are freaked even with their hemp oil. It's time for people to stop, my husband has to be on shift in the morning at 0700. The fireworks in the city limits each year almost makes me hate this holiday.
Agreed 100%. I wish that there was compliance within city limits. I feel for those pets that are freaking out right now. July 5 is the busiest day for shelters because of fireworks.
Philip J Fry
AG

Even in California.

**** you Newsome.

**** all you Karen's on KCAL.
Oogway
It's Newsom.

As in: the governor of California is Gavin Newsom.

Which is completely unrelated to this thread.

I, however, will not be asking to speak to a manager. Traditionally, that is how 'Karen' is used.

CS78
Pretty cool site!

Saw a drone in our area. Would love to see what it looked like.
labmansid
I live south of Wellborn, and every July 4th and New Years it gets crazy with the fireworks. Last night I sent the drone up above the trees to see where all it was coming from. And by the way, it was actually full moon, which you can see in the beginning of the video.

Loaded
AG
Nice! What time was the drone video made?
keo1
AG
Tanglewood Park Area: alot of fireworks going off near Delma till like 1 am.
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
trouble
AG
It went on at least that long over here near Carter Creek and Villa Maria. At least it didn't keep my kids awake.
labmansid
Loaded said:

I believe this was around 9:15-9:30 or so. Things started dying down around 10:00, but continued sporadically for a while longer.
techno-ag
AG
Gives me hope for America to see civil disobedience like that. Awesome video.

I was on the bypass last night around 11:00 and was surprised at the amount of aerial fireworks. Mostly in neighborhoods but I did see a few cars parked on the access road with families lighting up stuff in vacant lots.

Happy birthday, America. This makes me proud.
Hop
Staff
AG
labmansid said:

Loaded said:

I believe this was around 9:15-9:30 or so. Things started dying down around 10:00, but continued sporadically for a while longer.

I live in Bentwood and my property butts up to the large 40-50 acre super lot in the back of Tuscany Trace. They put on a huge fireworks show every 4th and they have a big party. I'm wondering if this is it. The time checks out.
PS3D
TLIAC said:

Quote:

Agreed 100%. I wish that there was compliance within city limits. I feel for those pets that are freaking out right now. July 5 is the busiest day for shelters because of fireworks.

Do they not get used to it? I lived outside of the city limits and my cat eventually learned to get used to the loud noises outside twice a year.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Do they not get used to it?
Not usually. Noise aversion can be life-long issue for a pet.
TLIAC
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Do they not get used to it?
Not usually. Noise aversion can be life-long issue for a pet.
Nope, in fact as they get older they seem to get worse with the fireworks. I didn't get to go to bed until 2:00.
pants
Our dogs are pretty scared of fireworks. One of them shimmied under our deck out back and wouldn't come out for anything - even treats. She usually sleeps inside, but she slept outside last night. Everything was fine again this morning.
b0ridi
Dogs don't seem to have any noise aversion when they bark in the backyard all day
91_Aggie
AG
We have a dog that is scare of fireworks and thunder... but he gets over it when it is done. (I certainly don't go on KBTX's website and harass Shel about the thunder)

No need to make a huge deal every time we have fireworks.
These threads are always on this board, all over Nextdoor app, etc every 4th of July, every New Years eve/day.

People need to learn to realize that you will experience annoyances in life, and the government (or whoever it is you think can) is not there to make sure you never experience annoyances in life.

Deal with it and move on with life.

Joe Schillaci 48
AG
labmansid said:

I live south of Wellborn, and every July 4th and New Years it gets crazy with the fireworks. Last night I sent the drone up above the trees to see where all it was coming from. And by the way, it was actually full moon, which you can see in the beginning of the video.

My friend south of Wellborn told me is kept up all night on the 4th and New Years because someone keeps flying their drone near his house taking video of fireworks miles away.

He has to work the 0700 shift at McDonald's and if your hash browns were too soggy it is that drones fault.

I did suggest earplugs and he plans to do use them for New Years 2021.

Omega6464
It'll take a whole lot more than illegal fireworks for me zoo "hate" the day my country was born.
"He who attempts to govern, ploughs the sea" -Simon Bolivar
Counterpoint
AG
On a related note, WHY are some dogs so afraid of fireworks? My dogs could sleep through the loudest music, tons of bass on a subwoofer, or the loudest explosions on a TV show...but if they hear a firework pop miles away they crawl under the bed and hide.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.