Fireworks at Rellis ?

7,753 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Smeghead4761
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Think if we parked off of 21 somewhere we could see fireworks? DOnt wanna have to deal with actual parking lot and 6 feet separation etc etc...

if I cant park on the side of the road I might just go shoot some off at my farm..
jello123
Since RELLIS is located along the Brazos River bottom, I'm sure they will be visible from many directions. I'd be especially careful about parking on HWY 21 or 47 due to 75 mph traffic. Luza Lane or Fazinno Rd might also be a viable options.
doubledog
Will there be parking on the grass? And how dry is the grass? idling your car for an hour or so on dry grass may be a problem.
isitjustme
AG
All paved parking is my understanding.
SECeded
BCS-Ag
I read somewhere they are ready for up to 20,000 people. I guess they'll be parking us on the runways?
SECeded
cz308
Runway areas are restricted unless you've been approved for access so I seriously doubt that'll happen.
foo00
AG
nevermind..
foo00
AG
I don't have independent knowledge but the bathrooms show 50% on the ramps/runways so I'd think it's in play somehow. Don't know how you fit 4000+ cars with 6ft in between otherwise..
cz308
foo00 said:

I don't have independent knowledge but the bathrooms show 50% on the ramps/runways so I'd think it's in play somehow. Don't know how you fit 4000+ cars with 6ft in between otherwise..
They probably have the barricades up to block the back side off. If not, I'd be surprised.
toolshed
AG
Everyone knew where Rellis is, it has multiple runways. Nothing was said that was inaccurate or misleading.

By the way, looks like 47 south exit from 21 is closed down until 11:30 tonight.
Belton Ag
AG
I flew my 747 and landed at RELLIS a few minutes ago. Ready for the fireworks.
SECeded
denied
We wanted to just watch it on KBTX, but they don't have fireworks yet. Are we on a delay?

The website said a 20 minute firework show starting a 9.
Thisguy1
We, along with thousands of others, are on 21. If you're coming from Bryan, Park as early as you can. We're almost to OSR and that was the first spot e could get at 850.

They said show is about to start
Kashchei
AG
Is KBTX filming this using potatoes? Pixelated af....
GiveEmHellBill
AG
KBTX's coverage is downright embarrassing.

Are they using a webcam??!?

Horrible. Just horrible.
trouble
AG
I assumed we'd get the 1812 Overture as usual. This music selection is random and awful.
Kashchei
AG
trouble said:

I assumed we'd get the 1812 Overture as usual. This music selection is random and awful.

PERFECT opportunity to pipe in some classic FTAB here...
turfman80
AG
Damn, KBTX, why not at least sign up for Suddenlinks 1 Gig for life plan that you advertise so we don't have to watch a pixelated video....
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
trouble
AG
Or the usual Brazos valley symphony that we'd have gotten at the bush library
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
turfman80 said:

Damn, KBTX, why not at least sign up for Suddenlinks 1 Gig for life plan that you advertise so we don't have to watch a pixelated video....

Looks like they're streaming from a 3G cell phone. LOL. Pretty bad.
toolshed
AG
trouble said:

I imagine Sharp sitting in his bird habitat at the Connally picking the music selection for this evening!!
trouble
AG
There are a lot of people who don't realize it's not the Riverside campus anymore.
trouble
AG
toolshed said:

trouble said:

I imagine Sharp sitting in his bird habitat at the Connally picking the music selection for this evening!!

Probably the truth
toolshed
AG
I wouldn't be surprised if they videoed and broadcast from the Weather Edge vehicle.
Post removed:
by user
threecatcorner
What does RELLIS stand for? Since it's all caps, I'm assuming it's an abbreviation.
AggieBaseball06
AG
threecatcorner said:

What does RELLIS stand for? Since it's all caps, I'm assuming it's an abbreviation.

Respect
Excellence
Loyalty
Leadership
Integrity
Selfless Service

The 6 core values of A&M...
threecatcorner
Thanks
Counterpoint
AG
For those who went, how was the experience? (Parking and fireworks and exiting)
Tim Weaver
We got a late start heading out there and with the amount of traffic on 47 I opted to pull over early and camp a spot on top of an overpass about 4 miles away. Traffic was pretty insane.

We were too far away to really hear the explosions, but we could see the show fairly well. We also could see 2 other fairly large displays happening in Bryan. Not sure where they were, but those were bigger fireworks than your typical home gamer has access too.

Many people who were late just ended up driving up and down 47 the whole time.

The pyro show was pretty good. Not the best, but better than the typical Bush Library show. The music was really poorly done. Both selections and editing. Could have done without the music altogether.

When leaving we were able to sneak up to the road that the Expo Center is on and got back to 2818 that way. Was home right after 10.
BCS-Ag
I was impressed as was the family. We were in one of the RELLIS parking lots. Never been that close & the kids thought it was neat to see the fireworks launchers. Everything seemed will thought out logistically except for the restrooms, which were woefully inadequate.
halibut sinclair
Slocum on a mobile said:

RELLIS, Riverside, Sharp's Institute for the Not So Sharp, Bryan AFB, all the same property....

The olds still call it Riverside. Just like we don't say "CStat".

Hell, I still call it Jersey Street.

Get off my lawn...
Research Annex
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.