Two dead following shooting in south College Station

6,887 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by trouble
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4200 block of Cedar Creek Ct
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/07/01/crime-scene-investigation-happening-now-in-college-station/
Rapier108
Since they're saying there is no threat to the community, and with two dead, murder-suicide seems most likely.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Post removed:
by user
MsDoubleD81
AG
Sounds very sad.
BiochemAg97
AG
T&P
lck04
AG
Praying for them
redass89
Slocum on a mobile said:

Wife just got a call. We know relatives of the two killed. Domestic situation, murder-suicide.

Very sad situation. Ts & Ps.

I know KBTX is about as reliable as a wet fart, but they said they were shooting at each other??
Rapier108
redass89 said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

Wife just got a call. We know relatives of the two killed. Domestic situation, murder-suicide.

I know KBTX is about as reliable as a wet fart, but they said they were shooting at each other??
Well, they're reporting what CSPD said happened, so in this case, it is likely accurate.

That said, two people shooting at one other changes it from murder-suicide to something strange. We'll see if KBTX will ever update the public when CSPD releases the full report.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
Could still be murder suicide. A lot depends on why they were shooting at each other.
CS78
redass89 said:

Slocum on a mobile said:

My kids said they heard 5-6 "fireworks". I believe at least the Male was found on the front porch.

Does anyone know if the couple had children?
trouble
AG
Both of the deceased are male according to kbtx.
CS78
trouble said:

Both of the deceased are male according to kbtx.

That would match the original report that we heard that it was two neighbors in an argument.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Two neighbors?? :| This house's (only) neighbor used to cut my grass....yikes. Very unfortunate to hear....

edit: I am not implying by any stretch it was the person who used to cut my grass..... he is just the beside neighbor. A "neighbor" could be anyone.. the subdivision is large and I have absolutely no idea.
redass89
Rapier108
Quote:

College Station, Texas (KBTX) - College Station police have released the names of two people killed in a shooting Wednesday. James Ervin Chambers, 65, and Michael Lee Rendon, 35, were both killed at a home in the south end of the city. Investigators say they shot each other.
https://www.kbtx.com/2020/07/01/crime-scene-investigation-happening-now-in-college-station/
JeepWaveEarl
AG
FWIW: neither of these is my old yard guy.
AggieKatie2
AG
I think we should avoid speculation, as the murder-suicide explanation doesn't really align with police reports thus far.
isitjustme
AG
Unfortunately, it looks like a family argument gone way too far. Now being reported as such by KBTX and others. Sad thing.

CS78
Bryanisbest
AG
Wonder if extended shelter in place had any bearing on this murder/suicide/shoot out?
montegobay
We haven't been under a Shelter in Place order since May.
MaroonBloodedAg2010
Almost every shooting/violent crime is either drug related, gang related, or domestic violence. This one probably isn't one of the exceptions.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Wonder how they are related?
AggieKatie2
AG
ExFIL and ExSIL
trouble
AG
AggieKatie2 said:

ExFIL and ExSIL
so was this at the daughter/ex wife's house?
AggieKatie2
AG
I'm not certain so I won't speculate. I'm sure you could look at public records and figure it out.
CS78
Yes, CAD shows the house in the 35yo and wife's name.
trouble
AG
I really hope there aren't kids between them
AggieKatie2
AG
There is unfortunately a devastated young daughter. Probably the worst part of all this (outsids of the loss of life).
CS78
There are.
MsDoubleD81
AG
This is what I saw.
trouble
AG
That poor child
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.