Brazos CAD Home Appraisal on New Construction

1,357 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ontheedge
Jimmy Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When you build a new home will the appraisal district go off what the project total cost was , or what your neighborhood comps are? For instance if you build a home at $125/sqtf + cost of land, and you can prove this, but the homes around you are appraising at $175/sqft which valuation would they use? Or would they meet in the middle? If they use only the cost of project, how long can one expect them to use that before they go back to using the neighborhood comps?
EBrazosAg
AG
You are making the critical error of assuming there is any rhyme, reason, or logic in their process of appraisal.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgProgrammer
AG
You can count on them putting the taxable value on comps around you (at least). I tried that same argument during a protest meeting and the appraiser told me it was irrelevant what it cost me (or what it would cost someone else) to build. Which I thought was incredibly stupid and par for the course for CAD.
aggiepaintrain
AG
year one you will get a under construction value

year 2, grab your ankles

benchmark
AG
Been through many many conv with BCAD on appraisals and methodology over the yrs. Bottom line ... everything is driven by comps. If you're going to do battle with BCAD, you better do your homework on what nearby properties have sold for. In your first discussion, always ask BCAD's appraiser to provide you with the comps they are using.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
My experience is itll almost always be comps and from the get go.
legalbird
If like me you will pay full value as if house was finished
ontheedge
They go off of heated sq. ftg. They don't know what the costs were and Texas is a non-disclosure state so price isn't required to be revealed to them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.