Local Covid testing

6,434 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexAg1987
TexAg1987
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anyone local offering the quick turnaround tests? Most are saying 3-5 days on their website.
Rapier108
If you're with S&W, their turnaround is generally 2-3 days. I don't know if they'll test anyone just because, but if you're sick or have been around someone who has the virus, they will get you in, usually the same day.

I think St. Joseph (call the express care on Highway 6 by Chick-Fil-A) has a pretty quick turnaround as well.

The other, non-hospital affiliated urgent care places which do testing generally have the longer turn around times.

For any place, you'll need to contact them to setup the appointment.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
KidDoc
AG
St Jo recently has started to get overwhelmed and running out of reagent and taking longer turn around until they can resupply.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
A friend got tested Monday at the StJoe express by Lowe's/chickfila and got result back Wednesday. I got tested yesterday at the same place, they said up to a week for results.
dubi
AG
Same day results from Integrity Urgent Care located by the Physician's Center on University Drive East.

3201 University Dr E STE 135, Bryan, TX 77802
8a-8p
Call Us: 979-703-1832

scd88
AG
Are people getting tested because of symptoms, or just to make sure they don't have and don't know it?
SoTheySay
S
Three friends tested at Integrity urgent care around the 16th or so. By the 23 or 24th none had received results and their phones would give a recorded message. You could get around the message but they would take your information and then never call back.

These friends ended up having to go up to Integrity, further exposing themselves or others, to get their results. On the document I saw, the test was performed on the 16th and results were reported on the night of the 18th - Integrity just didn't bother to call.
dubi
AG
SoTheySay said:

Three friends tested at Integrity urgent care around the 16th or so. By the 23 or 24th none had received results and their phones would give a recorded message. You could get around the message but they would take your information and then never call back.

These friends ended up having to go up to Integrity, further exposing themselves or others, to get their results. On the document I saw, the test was performed on the 16th and results were reported on the night of the 18th - Integrity just didn't bother to call.

^^^^ That sucks!

I know someone who tested 6/23 at 9am and got her results after lunch. I wonder if they caught up?
JMac03
AG
Brazos Valley Urgent Care is doing them with results in 15-30 minutes.

I paid a $20 copay (TAMU). For the rapid test, they told me it is $50 and not billing to the insurance because they don't have a billing code for it. If I wanted to wait the 2-3 days then it would be covered. We opted for the $50 just so we would know. So it was $70 for me. (this was Tues/Wed last week)
dubi
AG
JMac03 said:

I paid a $20 copay (TAMU). For the rapid test, they told me it is $50 and not billing to the insurance because they don't have a billing code for it. If I wanted to wait the 2-3 days then it would be covered. We opted for the $50 just so we would know. So it was $70 for me. (this was Tues/Wed last week)
I bet they could find a billing code. This way they get to pocket $50 instead of $10 reimbursement from BCBS.
TexAg1987
JMac03 said:

Was this for the Covid test or the Covid antibodies test?
JMac03
AG
I'm sure they could too lol.
JMac03
AG
TexAg1987 said:

JMac03 said:

Was this for the Covid test or the Covid antibodies test?
Covid. They do antibodies too (but not sure if it is that quick on return)
Esteban du Plantier
AG
My son was exposed to two people 6 days before, and my wife started to show some possible symptoms. I had seen the two infected people, but my son had much closer contact.
I am a beer
JMac03 said:

Same here. 15-20 minute results.
nickstro66
AG
I had to get mine before having back surgery last week. Went to the South CS St. Joe Express on the 12th and they had the results within 2-3 days.
WTM
If the city believes we have been exposed to a patient at work and require a test, our employee health clinic sends us to the respiratory therapy clinic at St Joseph's out at William D Fitch. The results typically take about 48 hours. We were told the the "quick" tests are highly unreliable.
scd88
AG
I see. Thanks for sharing. My daughter was driving around yesterday and saw lines outside at St. Joes and SignatureCare. I was curious as to who was going.
ags4rocks
Seems like testing places are way backed up....I would suggest getting an appointment as soon as possible if you remotely need one done or need results!!!
mini-x fan
SoTheySay said:

I had the complete opposite experience at Integrity a couple weeks ago. They told me 3-5 days and called me with a negative result less than 24 hours later. Same for a few people I know who have been tested recently.
TexAg1987
Ended up going to Brazos Valley Urgent Care. Because i was having symptoms they worked me in without an appointment.

Nasal swab, but not the HIGHLY invasive one. 15 min results.

Positive.

Need to make an appointment at midnight tonight online for my wife to get tested tomorrow. She is not showing symptoms.

Thanks for the help everyone.
MiMi
S
I hope you have a speedy recovery!

How/where do you believe you were infected?
EBrazosAg
AG
The best test are the PCR that take at least a few hours if lucky and usually a day. Having said that , the rapid test work if high viral load. So if positive rapid you are positive. But if negative with the rapid test, there is a higher chance you are really positive than with the PCR test.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dubi
AG
Quote:

Ended up going to Brazos Valley Urgent Care. Because i was having symptoms they worked me in without an appointment.

This is good to hear!
TexAg1987
MiMi said:

No clue. Could have been anywhere. I haven't been quarantining much.

Symptoms are very mild so far.

I will quarantine now that I know I am infected.
JP76
TexAg1987 said:

MiMi said:

What are your current symptoms ?
JMac03
AG
TexAg1987 said:

Nasal swab, but not the HIGHLY invasive one. 15 min results.

Positive.

Need to make an appointment at midnight tonight online for my wife to get tested tomorrow. She is not showing symptoms.

Thanks for the help everyone.
I'm sorry to hear this. FYI I had an "appt" at 5:50 and I left at 7:45. Test was at 7:05. Just letting you know an appt may not help a ton.

I do hope you feel better soon and your wife is negative.
TexAg1987
JP76 said:

TexAg1987 said:

MiMi said:

Stuffy nose.
No taste.
No smell.

Thats it.
I am a beer
I tested positive. Had a sore throat then fever. Haven't had any other symptoms though. Also, having the lack of smell and taste senses. The last part is basically all I'm dealing with now.
scd88
AG
Is this thing weakening as it spreads?
scd88
AG
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you're on the mend - I wish you the best moving forward.
scd88
AG
TexAg1987 said:

JP76 said:

TexAg1987 said:

MiMi said:

Stuffy nose.
No taste.
No smell.

Thats it.

Good information. Thank you!!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
scd88 said:

Is this thing weakening as it spreads?

Inasmuch as the average age is reducing, and they're doing more widespread testing, so the average positive is younger/minimally affected/asymptomatic.

85 year olds that get it are still in trouble.
aggiebeck
Integrity Urgent Care is offering COVID and COVID Antibody testing by appointment only. I know that the lab call back system was overwhelmed but they have put some new procedures in place and it has since gotten much better.

COVID testing is covered 100% by insurance in most cases. The cash rate for the test is $130 and the antibody test is $99. If you don't have insurance and don't want to pay cash, they do have other options available.

Website says 3-5 days for COVID test results. I'm sure that number is going to fluctuate based on how busy the labs are. There is a LOT of testing going on in BCS.

https://integrityuc.com/Services/COVID-19-Testing-Bryan-College-Station

WEAR A MASK, PEOPLE!
JMac03
AG
I should have added at Brazos Valley Urgent Care you don't get out of your car. You sit in your car while they do everything so you are never go into the building. At Integrity I think you stay in your car until it is time for your appointment (for my inlaws anyways).
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.