Local Covid testing

6,437 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexAg1987
medic1969p
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JMac03 said:

I should have added at Brazos Valley Urgent Care you don't get out of your car. You sit in your car while they do everything so you are never go into the building. At Integrity I think you stay in your car until it is time for your appointment (for my inlaws anyways).

I thought they were only doing antibody testing
MiMi
S
They were also performing rapid antigen and PCR tests. Today, on Facebook, they announced no more PCR tests, only rapid antigen tests available.

Edited to add what was posted on their Facebook just a few minutes ago:

Quote:

COVID Testing at BVUC
Starting today we will only offer a rapid antigen test to diagnose COVID-19. We no longer have PCR tests available because the lab is not accepting any new covid test samples. The antigen test is a nasal swab that is run in our clinic and diagnoses a current infection. Results are ready in 15 minutes. This is not an antibody test which is a blood test to tell the patient about a past infection.
From this point forward, we will also be requiring tests meet criteria. If you have already been tested at our facility or another in the last week, we will not repeat a test. Please know that if you do not meet criteria, you will not be tested even if you arrive at the clinic. We believe in being good stewards of resources at this critical point in time of the pandemic.
If you have questions, please call the clinic at 979-764-2882
Oogway
What happened to the plenty of tests and testing capacity? That was something from the federal and state government that was emphasized.

Edit to reclarify: is this only at BVUC, or are tests readily available if you need one?
Jinx
Husband just got tested tonight at the St. Joseph at Fitch/6 (has cough and low fever). They told him 3-5 days.

Edit: tested Friday, results came in Sunday Afternoon. Negative
medic1969p
JMac03 said:

TexAg1987 said:

JMac03 said:

Brazos Valley Urgent Care is doing them with results in 15-30 minutes.

I paid a $20 copay (TAMU). For the rapid test, they told me it is $50 and not billing to the insurance because they don't have a billing code for it. If I wanted to wait the 2-3 days then it would be covered. We opted for the $50 just so we would know. So it was $70 for me. (this was Tues/Wed last week)
Was this for the Covid test or the Covid antibodies test?
Covid. They do antibodies too (but not sure if it is that quick on return)

They come back with antibody results in 10-15 minutes
pants
What are people doing if they need to travel to a state that requires a negative test in the last 72 hours? Can I get a test if I have no symptoms and no known contact with a positive person?
FlyRod
Someone posted that they got a COVID test with the "less invasive" nasal swab in town. Ok, anyone know which places in town are using which testing techniques? TIA.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
St. Joe in CS by Lowe's uses the nasal swab. Not sure what 'less invasive' is, but theirs is certainly not fun, goes all the way into your throat.
JMac03
AG
I didn't find the one at Brazos Valley Urgent Care bad at all.
lockett93
AG
Nvm
TexAg1987
Has anyone been tested AFTER a positive test and after quarantine to get the reccomended two negative results?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.