KBTX

20,172 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rapier108
kevmiller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Done with them.. app deleted, won't watch any longer

Their liberal views and way of reporting and making something out of nothing continues.
Won't even post the link because it's not worth it.
They are just as bad as CNN.

Sad and pathetic.
Jbob04
AG
I'm with you. I quit watching them and following them awhile back. If Rusty and Shel left I could probably tolerate watching it some, but as of now, it not worth it.
Rapier108
Welcome to the club.

Only thing I watch KBTX for is the weather, and only if it is severe weather.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MaroonBloodedAg2010
Ever since they got bought out by Gray Television, they took an extreme left turn. They are no longer a source of credible, unbiased news.
BCS-Ag
I only follow them via RSS newsreader alongside my other news sources. Unfortunately RSS support broke or was removed over the weekend.
bobinator
AG
Jbob04 said:

and Shel
I personally think Shel is great, what's your beef with how they report the weather?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
I personally think Shel is great, what's your beef with how they report the weather?
He's always talking about how there isn't enough rain. This strongly implies he's pushing his climate change agenda on us the viewer.
MiMi
S
I would regularly go the the KBTX website for local weather information. Following the change to a new website format, their weather page is useless. Looks like they are just cut and pasting information from the Weather Channel website.
SECeded
I have typically kept a bookmark (not the app) on my home screen for the weather because KBTX has generally been pretty solid.

I've seen enough lately to realize that they've taken what was previously good local coverage and turned it into local events with a leftist slant PLUS a couple of political commentators masked as "reporters" have done what I consider to be "hit pieces" on local people/events. I saw a local story or two with major leftist slant in recent years and talked myself out of passing judgment. No longer.

They want to have local MSNBC types now. I liked the old, "this is what happened", more than "this is the spin on what happened". I'll just bookmark another weather site and not give KBTX the hits. I'm moving on now.
Jbob04
AG
bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel

It's not necessarily how he reports the weather, it's his liberal leanings on his tweets. He always tweets things about climate change and ice caps. The latest tweet that did it for me is when he called Fox News out for manipulating a news story. CNN gets caught weekly doing this, yet he has never once criticized them. Essentially, Shel is liberal, and I don't like liberals.
oklaunion
bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
Repeatedly:

- a dash and splash
-a rumble or two
-not everyone will get rain in their backyard
-won't admit when he repeatedly screws up the rain forecast
Biggest gripe: Coldspring, Huntsville, Centerville are not in the Brazos Valley.

And what meteorologist compares June rainfall to the dust bowl less than halfway through the month?

Agree with MiMi on the uselessness of the new Weather page on their website.

Begrudgingly admit I will agree with Halibut.

bobinator
AG
MiMi said:

I would regularly go the the KBTX website for local weather information. Following the change to a new website format, their weather page is useless. Looks like they are just cut and pasting information from the Weather Channel website.
Oh, I don't use their website,

I have some issues with their app sometimes and have to close it and reopen it, but I don't think they built the app, I assume it's like a standard app that different stations use.
bobinator
AG
Jbob04 said:

It's not necessarily how he reports the weather, it's his liberal leanings on his tweets. He always tweets things about climate change and ice caps.
I mean if you don't like tweets about the climate, maybe don't follow a meteorologist on Twitter?

They have a separate account that's just their coverage '@KBTXWeather' if you don't want their own personal commentary.

I think they do a great job with the weather, though maybe they're a little corny but covering the weather has to be boring at times... I think we're really lucky to live in a community our size that has this kind of coverage.

My only beef with their coverage is I kind of wish every radar map on twitter had a star over B/CS or an arrow or something because sometimes it takes me a second to figure out where they're talking about. I've lived around here for almost 20 years now and still when there's a zoomed in weather map with like Flynn or Hilltop Lakes or something I have no idea where they are.
Jbob04
AG
oklaunion said:

bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
Repeatedly:

- a dash and splash
-a rumble or two
Biggest gripe: Coldspring, Huntsville, Centerville are not in the Brazos Valley.

And what meteorologist compares June rainfall to the dust bowl less than halfway through the month?

I will add that he puts a caveat on every pinpoint forecast radar run and every forecast in general, drives me crazy.
toolshed
AG
I always find it odd how he hops around in front of the green screen, like he's doing a little rain dance or something.

(Sorry, that's probably racist)
GSS
Both KBTX and the Eagle run articles on their Facebook pages that are pathetic in opinion content, yet are presented as "real news". And seldom (if ever) making it to their broadcast or paper, which seems to imply their target audience is not the same, which is clearly "manipulating" some of their news.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
ontheedge
I never cared for Shel and quit watching KBTX several years ago. It was nice to have Bob back on for a while but now that station wants to do national news instead and with a slant also. I watch local for local but now don't watch either one of them. Too bad.
BluHorseShu
AG
KBTX is doing a fine job in my opinion. People come and go and I honestly believe that they do the best job they know how. Its our local station and one I grew up with, so for good or bad, I am biased.
PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
[Feel free to give a different opinion but do it in a constructive manner without sarcasm and your post will remain. -Staff]
MisterShipWreck
doubledog
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
He's always talking about how there isn't enough rain. This strongly implies he's pushing his climate change agenda on us the viewer.
No it only proves he is a 70 year old farmer (wan-a-be)
turfman80
AG
My only gripe with Shel is that he talks too damn much. He has to cover/explain EVERY little detail or possibility until Im convinced he gets paid by the word.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothing is a real cool hand
WestTexasAggie84
[Feel free to give a different opinion but do it in a constructive manner without sarcasm and your post will remain. -Staff]
Tex Aggie
AG
After a brief story, "you can check out more on our web page at Kbtx dot com"

If I wanted to go online I would. Just give the damn information
MiMi
S
Don't worry, the online story is the same video and the word-for-word transcript, replete with spelling errors and other typos.
lost my dog
So it's local news - why should local news be conservative or liberal? I won't say they get every story right, but I think some of y'all are projecting the current pandemic politics onto their news coverage.

And I hate to say this, because I like the people who posted about this, but I will say it's a little bit uncool to say you watch the local news because of the hotness of the weather person. She's trying to be professional

[We agree about those comments and have removed the posts. -Staff]
Anonymous Source
S
Jbob04 said:

oklaunion said:

bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
Repeatedly:

- a dash and splash
-a rumble or two

I will add that he puts a caveat on every pinpoint forecast radar run and every forecast in general, drives me crazy.
You understand that, by its very nature, forecasting the weather is full of caveats and "if this happens then this happens", correct? 99.99997 percent of the time, something no one has any control over needs to happen so that something else will happen.
Gig 'Em
Jbob04
AG
Anonymous Source said:

Jbob04 said:

oklaunion said:

bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
Repeatedly:

- a dash and splash
-a rumble or two

You understand that, by its very nature, forecasting the weather is full of caveats and "if this happens then this happens", correct? 99.99997 percent of the time, something no one has any control over needs to happen so that something else will happen.

Yep, I understand that completely and so does everyone else, so there is no need to do it every time he does a forecast. We know it will be wrong a majority of the time.
Anonymous Source
S
Jbob04 said:

Anonymous Source said:

Jbob04 said:

oklaunion said:

bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
Repeatedly:

- a dash and splash
-a rumble or two

Yep, I understand that completely and so does everyone else, so there is no need to do it every time he does a forecast. We know it will be wrong a majority of the time.
Then why watch? Plenty of other options out there.
Gig 'Em
CDub06
AG
Jbob04 said:

Essentially, Shel is liberal, and I don't like liberals.
This is a pretty sad approach to life. The world is filled with interesting people with a myriad of beliefs.
Jbob04
AG
Anonymous Source said:

Jbob04 said:

Anonymous Source said:

Jbob04 said:

oklaunion said:

bobinator said:

Jbob04 said:

and Shel
Repeatedly:

- a dash and splash
-a rumble or two

Then why watch? Plenty of other options out there.

I don't watch anymore.
halibut sinclair
Quote:

And I hate to say this, because I like the people who posted about this, but I will say it's a little bit uncool to say you watch the local news because of the hotness of the weather person. She's trying to be professional

[We agree about those comments and have removed the posts. -Staff]
Yet the Houston board has 216 pages of pictures of weather girls and reporters.

[This is not the Houston board and we are not going to let this derail into a thread about moderation. -Staff]
Anonymous Source
S
[We are going to be strict regarding insulting terms in order to keep this thread respectful. -Staff]
nought
AG
Guys, please -- we should all know by now we can't criticize certain local establishments too much. And, we all need to be mindful and respectful. Let's try to do our best and

[This thread was started by a poster to criticize a local establishment.
That does not mean that we are going to allow posters to be disrespectful to each other if they disagree with another poster's opinion. We do not ever remove a post just because of an opinion but we will remove them if they are insulting or trolling. This is the last post that we are going to comment on about the moderation of this thread and we will simply remove the post in order to keep this thread from derailing. -Staff]
trouble
AG
I don't watch any news but I enjoy Rusty and Shel on social media.
FamousAgg
Here is where I get my weather report.

Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.