Elephant in the room

15,241 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by medic1969p
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieYankee1 said:

Again. Please answer the question.

What is your Rubric for success/failure. When would you admit you were wrong to down play the seriousness and I'm not just talking to you but everyone else on here that try's to belittle people into silence.

Because make no mistake that is the goal.. to stop people complaining and accept it as a part of the world... for what reasons... who knows.

But please explain - when would you or anyone admit they were wrong to down play it. I've given mine - what is any of y'alls?

STAFF - I would like know how people know I am female?

Tell me - are you guys sharing email addresses... private email addresses?

*** I'm so glad to know that you folks spend hours on here and instead of using that time to remind people how serious this is - you attempt in a very cruel way to laugh them out of the room like a bully insecure about the geek because he is smarter.

Spend that time trying to remind people that our economy COULD get a 2nd punch because the lack of caring people are putting in spreads the virus. This means people instead of feeling safe will be scared back into their home and not back to restaurants and stores. You know - small business.

The #1 reason parents and families will be reluctant to send their kids either to Texas A&M or to public schools is due to the lack of caring responsibility they see and other people like those on this forum.
So in the end - it could be y'all that really crush the economy - not 'us'.

Ironic is it not...
lets take a ride in the (not so) Wayback Machine........

Quote:

So, I just wanted to get the groups take on the 'elephant' in the room...

It would seem that the largest group getting this is 20 somethings and up. Our hospitals are near capacity with over flow currently being sent to the signature care on university.

Brazos Valley Urgent Care and Caprock are getting pushed to the limit right now and St Joes and BSW are near 85 - 90 % capacity.

The question is ... does anyone think it is going to get better once we add another 50,000 20 somethings and let schools open?

Or are we just gonna tell the nursing staff and hospitals suck it up for 3 months?

I know some of y'all might not care but I would like an honest conversation.

What are your expectations for our health care system in about 1 1/2 months?

Your most recent post would appear that you really don't care what other people think about the question you asked, and you aren't really interested in an "honest conversation."

Instead, you came here looking for someone to confirm your own bias and were shocked, shocked, that folks called out your claims made without evidence and others made out of context.

Then, you were surprised that someone would take the time to discover your gender when you clearly made it known in a previous post.
AgCPA
AG
There is capacity in the hospitals... are we talking about testing? That is all Signature Care can do, they don't have beds...

Folks the reality is this, this will and has to spread to a certain number of folks before it fades like SARS. The best possible thing to happen is to have the kids back and allow the least vulnerable to take the brunt of the infections to get there. Its a hard truth but the way an enveloped virus has to work. There will be no safe vaccine any time soon if ever.

Protect yourself and move on.
AggieYankee1
AgCPA said:

There is capacity in the hospitals... are we talking about testing? That is all Signature Care can do, they don't have beds...

Folks the reality is this, this will and has to spread to a certain number of folks before it fades like SARS. The best possible thing to happen is to have the kids back and allow the least vulnerable to take the brunt of the infections to get there. Its a hard truth but the way an enveloped virus has to work. There will be no safe vaccine any time soon if ever.

Now if only people like this had listened to the 'doomers' And not insisted it's the flu or insisted it's fake news or attempted to belittled people in silence - we would not be looking down the barrel of another shutdown and requires masks.

It's funny right... that those who insisted this was nothing and accused 'the libs' of trying to shut down the economy are the reason the economy might shut down again.

Irony - ain't it.
toolshed
AG
It's become apparent that you aren't here for a conversation, to hear others comments and thoughts but rather share your opinion of the facts and shame those who have evidence to the contrary and point out that your "facts" are either half truths or twisting of information to benefit your argument.
Txmoe
AG
AggieYankee1 said:

AgCPA said:

Now if only people like this had listened to the 'doomers' And not insisted it's the flu or insisted it's fake news or attempted to belittled people in silence - we would not be looking down the barrel of another shutdown and requires masks.

It's funny right... that those who insisted this was nothing and accused 'the libs' of trying to shut down the economy are the reason the economy might shut down again.

Irony - ain't it.
Hey, Alanis Morissette, that's not the definition of irony. Besides, your opinions are so heavily biased from your political POV that they discredit any interpretation or generalization you make from the data you cite. (And I would say the exact same thing regardless of which way you lean.)
cavscout96
AG
Actually, a fantastic troll, especially for a Rook.

Time to stop feeding.

BQ_90
AG
mods used to manage this board a lot tighter. Wonder why this troll is let thru the door.
FlyRod
Eh. There are a few non-Rook trolls who have been hanging around here smug-baiting for years. Everyone starts out a Rook.
halibut sinclair
FlyRod said:

Eh. There are a few non-Rook trolls who have been hanging around here smug-baiting for years. Everyone starts out a Rook.

Trust.
Hammerheadjim
AG
AggieYankee1 said:

AgCPA said:

Irony - ain't it.
I have a box rocks for sale, but I think you are covered for the time being.
Walk softly and carry a big stick! Make sure the big stick makes big boom noises and flashy bright lights.
Rudybryan
What will be interesting is if the general public will practice social distancing, mask and other
steps that would keep you safer during July 4th holiday.......

Will the students choose party vs health

The numbers are a reaction to the choices we choose to make.....

medic1969p
agrab86 said:

trouble said:

I still have no idea exactly what you want me to say.

The evidence agrees with my stance. Many are going to get it. Most will survive. A small percentage will need hospitalization. An even smaller percentage will die.

Wash your hands. Wear a mask when feasible. Socialize responsibly for your risk level.

We aren't close to running out of healthcare resources. L
Yankee wants you to tell him he has been right all this time and you have been wrong unless you can give him evidence that he will accept that shows you're correct. Only he won't accept your evidence because he is convinced of his own. And round-and-round it goes.

THIS!!!!!!

It seems the OP isn't going to be happy until everyone agrees with her. At some point in time you have to realize others just aren't going to agree with your point of view no matter how many times you comment.

Agree to disagree.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.