Hail in Bryan?

11,218 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Caladan
ddpg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
curry97 said:

Classic Collision in Bryan. Ask for Doug.
Seconded... I've had two cars repaired by Classic including one with significant hail damage. When they were done fixing the hail damage, you couldn't tell anything had happened to it.
keo1
AG
Caladan said:

Thanks for the information! Is there a roofing company in the B/CS area you could recommend?

Aggieland roofing
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
95_Aggie
AG
Stay away from Lone Star Roofing.
momlaw
AG
Caladan, Keo gives good recs.
I can also personally vouch for these local companies

Jay Rudder, Rudder Construction

Brian Lucas, Lucas Construction

Both members and contributors to our communities.
Conscientious, honest, professionals who do quality work.
momlaw
redass89
momlaw said:

Caladan, Keo gives good recs.
I can also personally vouch for these local companies

Jay Rudder, Rudder Construction

Brian Lucas, Lucas Construction

Both members and contributors to our communities.
Conscientious, honest, professionals who do quality work.

+1 for Jay Rudder
cajunken
We have Geico, and my wife is bringing her car in to Brazos County Collision on Hwy 30 tomorrow for hail damage. Have been pleased with them in the past, but that doesn't mean there aren't better places in the area. We are happy with State Roofing also. They are local and are Chamber of Commerce members. Be careful of the "swoop in, swoop out" roofers. If any roofer that wants to charge for an inspection or wants payment before the job is done, tell them to take a hike.
trouble
AG
Schulte did our roof last year and I'm very happy with it.
Goose83
AG
Our roof take a big hit, but since the house is out of square due to major foundation issues, not sure what we're going to do.
Fleen
Do any reputable companies come ring your doorbell and tell you that all your neighbors have hail damage?
BrazosDog02
AG
Fleen said:

Do any reputable companies come ring your doorbell and tell you that all your neighbors have hail damage?

Yes. See my post for how to weed those out as well. As annoying as it is for folks, this IS how they make a living. Remember, it's a straight commission gig. No benefits. No vacation. No business or customers, no pay.

Although, I've never assumed a person had damage until I actually looked at it. This hail, for the most part, is not going to be obvious without looking at the roof from the roof. With experience, you get to see where one roof can be totaled and the one next door or across the street is not. Hail has to stop somewhere. And it's pretty interesting to find that spot!
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Fleen said:

- I had a guy almost pole-vault onto my roof. He was Super surprised he was at the wrong address, I Made it clear his ladder landed in-between two or three well placed Christmas light bulbs..

I think he 'knew'.. "That I knew" ... "that he Knew it was the wrong part of town for roofs at that moment"...Probably just a few miles off from the hail storm/ picked wrong area of town to start in that day.
clinte234
AG
95_Aggie said:

Stay away from Lone Star Roofing.

Any particular reasons? Thanks!
clendenin
AG
I had my 20 year old roof replaced last year by Scott Thames with Texas Engineered Roofing. He had to jump through hoops with insurance company and acted professionally with them until my claim was resolved. His crew also replaced my fence and repaired water damage inside my home.

I thought enough of his work on my property to call him as soon as the hail storm was finished to let him know of the damage in town. He has already come to Bryan/College Station to check on previous work and can help you out if you need help.

Check out their ratings and let them know that Scott Clendenin recommended them to you!

Texas Engineered Roofing

Caladan
Thanks momlaw and keo1!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.