Zoysia Grass

2,228 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ajollyag
Carnwellag2
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Is there a place to purchase Zoysia grass? The actual grass to lay down and not just the seed? I am in need of a small amount
BrazosWifi
Perhaps Aggieland Grass & Stone
(979) 690-0300

We got ours via our landscape guy:
Philip Anthony
Brazos Landworks LLC
979-412-4046
Sponsor Message: http://BrazosWiFi.com | Fast and reliable internet for the Brazos Valley | info@BrazosWiFi.com | 979-999-7000
AgDotCom
Make sure you look at all the variations of Zoysia available to you, and their strengths / weaknesses, shade / full sun, durability to pets / traffic, etc. Someone will probably be along to post more complete info.

We sodded with Zoysia 23 years ago, at that time I think only Emerald Zoysia was available to us, could be wrong. Anyway, it was a great decision that has paid off every day....whether it was less watering, drought tolerance / recovery, disease resistance, mowing, appearance, traffic....glad someone suggested it to me.

Good luck and enjoy.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
Good point. This is my second yard to use Palisades Zoysia (an A&M engineered grass), and I love it. My only struggle is that this yard is in full sun most the day (this photo is late-day) and the grass grows so well that its too much grass to leave on the yard and it has to be bagged (i just "redistribute" to the field behind it) else thatching occurs.

legalbird
sold by the pallet...price in 2019 was $175 a pallet
keo1
AG
mow it more often 2 x per week
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
Ajollyag
keo1 said:

mow it more often 2 x per week

Ain't nobody got time for that
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.