Plane over CS

2,936 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Builder93
Gig Em5014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Forgive my airplane ignorance but I saw a large "bomber" like plane flying very low around CS at 3:30 this afternoon. Can anyone provide further insight?
pants
Not insight, but confirmation: I saw it too. I SEENT IT!
BaitShack
AG
Most likely a C-130.
FlyRod
Yep C-130...right over my house. Very cool transport.
BluHorseShu
AG
Gig Em5014 said:

Forgive my airplane ignorance but I saw a large "bomber" like plane flying very low around CS at 3:30 this afternoon. Can anyone provide further insight?
Likely former students doing cross country flights or practicing touch and go's (and maybe stopping in for a Freebird's burrito...as they're known to do).

Of course it could have been a mail plane....'But how could you tell it was a mail plan?'....'Because of it's little balls'.
Post removed:
by user
AggiePhil
AG
Jade Helm 2.0
MiMi
S
C-130's do touch and go's at Easterwood pretty regularly. When I worked at TAMU, on west campus, they would come low and close to my building. Very cool to watch for this Air Force brat whose father flew in AC-130 gunships!
BaitShack
AG

Rexter
My dad was a grease monkey and cookie in the USAF. After that, he traveled and was on a flight every week, so we grew up going to the airport 2x/wk, went to USAF bases all around the country, and saw a ton of air shows. To this day, when I hear the sound of freedom going over the house, I have to go look. It's physically impossible to not do so.
BCSWguru
EBrazosAg
AG
It's amazing the amount of attention a few touch and go laps can generate......
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
If you didn't grow up around/under a military flight line, this is a reasonable that a low-flying C-130 would get people's attention.
EagleLM
I grew up on an Air Force Flying Base, lived on AIr Force Flying Bases when I was on active duty, and now that I'm retired, I still run outside whenever I hear the Sound of Freedom flying overhead. I love living a few miles south of Kyle Field and watching the flyby aircraft make their initial low-altitude run towards campus on game days!
chickencoupe16
AG
I was pulling weeds in the yard yesterday and heard an approaching jet. I looked up to see 2 B1s overhead. The sun was in my eyes as my phone screen was to dim, so I couldn't get a good picture, but it was a very unexpected and neat sight. Wish I had seen the C130 today.
Rockdoc
AG
Yeah I lived near Dyess AFB in Abilene for 35 years. I really miss seeing those C130's and B1's.
frito bandito
Rockdoc said:

Yeah I lived near Dyess AFB in Abilene for 35 years. I really miss seeing those C130's and B1's.
I lived under the flight pattern at Dyess for several years in the days of B52s, KC135s and C130s. The sound of 8 B52s taking off at 3 am will wake the dead, but as has been previously mentioned, it is the sound of freedom.

Also got to see a space shuttle on the 747 carrier coming back from Edwards AFB, over my house, and on display at Dyess. Over 150,000 dropped by to see it.
Rockdoc
AG
Yep I experienced all those things too. Good times.
UmustBKidding
I bet a AC130 could get the gates unlocked at Veterans Park
Builder93
AG
Both parents in AF. We lived under the flight path for Kelly AFB. My parents would be out by the pool and identify the planes landing and talk about the last time they flew in that plane. As the years went on the list got shorter as old planes were retired.

One day they were having a hard time identifying this peculiar plane coming in and for the first time I identified before they did. The space shuttle 747 with the shuttle on top. Even though we had many Galaxy's fly over, that one was something to see.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.