Need a concrete guy to pour a patio

3,376 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by iParty
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need about a 12x12 5" thick patio poured next to my existing one. Any suggestions?

Arthur at Dez Con was supposed to do it this week but he is not responding to my calls and texts after something came up two days ago on his end. So, he is out.

Thanks.
Chris98
AG
Manual Barajas IB Concrete 412-0537
bobinator
AG
I had an awful time even getting a quote. Finally went with concrete pros of Texas, I think their main gig is basketball courts.
scd88
AG
Thank you both!
keo1
AG
Cesario concrete services 979-571-6287
Keo1 Landscaping and Irrigating BCS since '91 If its growing we can mow it
saturn135
Manual Barajas did three jobs for me. They poured a 65' side walk along the back of my house and extended my patio. They poured a 65' front sidewalk attaching my driveway to the front of the house and also poured my foundation for my homebuilder. On the two small jobs, Manual gave me a timely bid and was able to work around my schedule. Easy to work with and crews were prompt. Communication was effective through calls and texts. All jobs were completed in a timely manner. Will use him again. I believe he grew up in Bryan, so he is a local.
scd88
AG
Thanks keo and Saturn.
scd88
AG
Manuel and Cesario came out to my house yesterday. Manuel gave me a quote and Cesario said he would get me one in the afternoon but has not. No response to my texts.

Manuel was responsive until I texted him this afternoon that he has the job and when can he start. He read the message and then nothing.

Arthur from Dez Con bailed after agreeing to do the job and now these two guys have seemingly decided to do the same.

Mother ****er, if you can't or won't do it, just ****ing tell me. I'm trying to "do my part" and contribute to the economy. If they don't want it, I'll do something else. Good thing I spent $600 on 6x6 cedar posts to put in concrete cuz Arthur was going to do it last week.

Have y'all had to chase these guys down? Very nice people face to face. I don't get it.

What a bunch of bull**** this has turned into.
Wicked Good Ag
So you texted him this afternoon that he has the job but hasn't replied in a couple of hours?? Maybe he has another job going, maybe he doesn't have his calendar next to him at the moment.

So everyone you have contacted has bailed on you in some form or fashion ...
scd88
AG
He was responsive yesterday, especially when he texted and stated he couldn't start this week. I was happy he has work. So, unexpected that there has been no response.

And, yes, I'm venting. Like I said, super nice guys who were extremely responsive and then nothing.
BCStalk
It's Sunday....
scd88
AG
Also fair but this started yesterday and I was given the OK to reach out today as I asked permission to do so. They were the ones asking about timetable.

Edit: Reality of it is, it's still too soon to be as pissed as I am. It's how construction people go; just hoping it would be different based upon initial interactions. My frustration is more about my expectations. That I admit.
bobinator
AG
I had an awful experience with our concrete project. One group set up a time to come look at it, and I took off work to be at home, then just never showed up and never responded after that. Another group came to look at it and then never responded afterwards.

I am a little surprised you're having the same issue considering the situation now though. Ours was back in the fall/January.

But I just assumed that's what you have to deal with if you're doing a relatively small concrete job.
BVAC Services
scd88 said:

Need about a 12x12 5" thick patio poured next to my existing one. Any suggestions?

Arthur at Dez Con was supposed to do it this week but he is not responding to my calls and texts after something came up two days ago on his end. So, he is out.

Thanks.
Give Gilbert Lozano a call, (979)575-5776, he may not answer right away but send him a text. He still is very hands on and operates his machinery so he doesn't always hear the phone, but he'll get back to you.
Great CaesarsGhost
AG
Call Chris at 979-900-7117. Aggieland Concrete
scd88
AG
Thanks, all. Manuel responded and will be starting tomorrow.
Carny89
All the Barajas are good folks. The Sauseda's do great work too.
sam88
AG
Mind sharing what you paid per sq ft? Thinking about doing something similar.
scd88
AG
Minimum of $11/SF, but that guy bailed.

I had some extra stuff done for $15/SF but it was done right. I could have had a little cheaper but I chose to go with the turnkey guy.

My neighbor got some work done a few years ago for under $10/SF but it was a terrible job.

Manuel's crew installed my posts, which are spaced exactly right and upright. They do good work. I know I paid on the high end.

Also, with only 3.5 to 4 yards needed, I came across some minimums to get a concrete truck out there.

Hope that helps.
iParty
AG
JM Stonescapes

Justin 979-324-0881
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.