BCAD 2020 valuations are posted online

9,880 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by KaneIsAble
goatchze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

Brazos CAD Board Of Directors Members

William "Bill" Lero, Chairman
John P. Flynn
Ronald Kaiser
Tim Jones
Russ Ford
Kyle DeWitt
Jason Bienski

and

Kristeen Roe (The Tax Collector) She shouldn't be on the board of directors.

Also, they should be elected and not appointed.

The Appraisal Review Board (ARB) and the Appraisal District's Board of Directors are two different things.

The Tax Assessor/Collector is almost always a CAD Director, but usually a non-voting Director.

The rest of the Directors get selected by the taxing authorities (schools, cities, county).

The Tax Assessor/Collector and other CAD Directors are disqualified from serving on an ARB.
dallasiteinsa02
goatchze said:

dallasiteinsa02 said:

Brazos CAD Board Of Directors Members

William "Bill" Lero, Chairman
John P. Flynn
Ronald Kaiser
Tim Jones
Russ Ford
Kyle DeWitt
Jason Bienski

and

Kristeen Roe (The Tax Collector) She shouldn't be on the board of directors.

The Appraisal Review Board (ARB) and the Appraisal District's Board of Directors are two different things.

The Tax Assessor/Collector is almost always a CAD Director, but usually a non-voting Director.

The rest of the Directors get selected by the taxing authorities (schools, cities, county).

The Tax Assessor/Collector and other CAD Directors are disqualified from serving on an ARB.

Good information. I think they should be completely two different entities fire walled from each other. A neutral, elected group that assign values. The taxing entities take these values and assign a tax rate.
GunRangeGal
AG
We've got all of you beat. Our rental went up 50%. You read that right... FIFTY PERCENT. We live out of state now, so this should be super fun to have somebody explain how THAT happened. Oversight much?
AgsMyDude
AG
Completed by e-file but it never let me upload any sort of evidence and tells me "Not Eligible" in the column for Upload.

Anyone else experience this? Do I upload at a later date?'

Edit: NVM it shows up a few minutes later
histag10
AG
GunRangeGal said:

We've got all of you beat. Our rental went up 50%. You read that right... FIFTY PERCENT. We live out of state now, so this should be super fun to have somebody explain how THAT happened. Oversight much?

Ours wasnt 50%, but somewhere in the ballpark of 30-40% (I think)with no improvements to the land being made, and no new buildings on the property.

That really sucks. if you decide to come back and fight it in person, let me know and we can go grab a drink!
TxFig
AG
Mine went up the max allowed 10%.

Just like last year.
--
Chris Barnes
Retired A&M IT geek - now beekeeper
http://www.cornerstonehoneybees.com/
SW AG80
AG

I 100% disagree. The voters in this state elected an idiot for Attorney General who was under investigation for 2 felonies. And Dan Patrick. Enough said.

In San Antonio our electorate would vote in any pendejo who had a name like their's. I trust the appointment process, especially in Bexar County, more than the voters. And with what has happened in Harris County elections the last few years, the appointment process seems much better there, also.
KaneIsAble
AG
Taxes are now posted online.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.