So... what places are actually closed?

4,067 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by toolshed
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know most if not all barbershops and salons are closed. I figured Academy would be closed but saw they were open today. I guess they're essential because they sell guns and ammo?
BCStalk
Probably due to the camping gear but I do believe firearms fall under essential the last I had heard.
SECeded
Rapier108
Other than probably some restaurants/bars which aren't doing any kind of carry out/delivery options, the types of places I would think are likely closed are spas, clothing stores (Aggieland Outfitters types), jewelry stores, furniture stores, and along with the aforementioned barbershops and salons, I would guess there are some businesses which don't deal with the general public (engineering firms, graphic design, etc.) and of course churches.

Also, most dentists are shut down and probably most eye doctors.

I wonder if dry cleaners are?
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Anonymous Source
S
Rapier108 said:

Other than probably some restaurants/bars which aren't doing any kind of carry out/delivery options, the types of places I would think are likely closed are spas, clothing stores (Aggieland Outfitters types), jewelry stores, furniture stores, and along with the aforementioned barbershops and salons, I would guess there are some businesses which don't deal with the general public (engineering firms, graphic design, etc.) and of course churches.

Also, most dentists are shut down and probably most eye doctors.

I wonder if dry cleaners are?
I can't speak for others, but I go to Hallmark Cleaners at Rock Prairie and Wellborn. The usual hours are from 7AM-6:30PM Monday through Friday, and from 8AM-1PM on Saturdays.

I noticed last week they had changed the hours for the time being to 7AM-4PM Monday thru Friday and closed on Saturday.

So at least that one is open.
Gig 'Em
cavscout96
AG
Dry cleaners specifically exempted in the order
Aggies76
AG
Hobby Lobby is closed
happyinBCS
D J Golf is open on Briarcrest
happyinBCS
Furniture stores are closed but mattress stores are open ? Don't quite get that
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
happyinBCS said:

We are quite a bit less traffic than full service furniture stores. We are able to stay open and keep our folks working and pretty much running our locations over the phone.
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
cz308
thesleepstation said:

happyinBCS said:

We are quite a bit less traffic than full service furniture stores. We are able to stay open and keep our folks working and pretty much running our locations over the phone.
You aren't essential.
thesleepstation
Sponsor
AG
By what has been posted by the city, we are allowed to remain open as we deliver goods directly to residences.
Aggie Owned and Operated by Jarrad and Elisha McLeod Class of 2003 and 2006! The Official Mattress Provider of TexAgs!
justcallmeharry
S
All the major discount toilet paper outlets are closed.
jrhmc
AG
My son works at At Home and he was notified that they are closed thru April 7.
MisterShipWreck
With the University closed - WHY are the TAMU buses still driving their routes? IF a group of people got on, wouldn't that be a bad idea to have people in a long tube?

The buses have passed me the past two evenings while I am out on walks
aggietoolman
AG
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3102559

Refer to the linked thread from down the page. There are still students here with no real home to return to and no other transportation.
MisterShipWreck
aggietoolman said:

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3102559

Refer to the linked thread from down the page. There are still students here with no real home to return to and no other transportation.
Thanks for the info.

When I saw the buses go by, they were all empty
cavscout96
AG
They still have to run the routes. It's not like calling for an Uber.

There aren't a whole lot of undergrads, but there are quite a few grad students, especially those with no other transp. option.
happyinBCS
So thankful the furniture stores will be open tomorrow I have been needing a mattress before this so called shutdown and as usual the local mayor's are clueless, thankful for the Governor
toolshed
AG
Pretty sure Sleep Station has been open, or they were in the beginning of this mess.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.