Local Restaurant Updates from ExperienceBCS.com

6,595 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by histag10
ooshwa
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
AG
experiencebcs.com/eat-local
(direct google doc link)

bcslocalflavor.com

I know this is posted in another thread, but I thought we'd keep it handy up top.
tb9665
Does anyone know about Jose's
isitjustme
AG
My wife said Jose's appeared to be open for takeout.

[edit: removed quote of moderated post -staff]
Aggie
AG
Jose's is open for takeout
michellecan
Jesse's is closing Sat. at 1 until April 8
tb9665
Went to Jose's tonight. Good as usual.
Costa and Andreas
Hi all-

FYI We are gearing up to open La Bodega Express Drive thru next to Caf Eccell. We started prepping today. The opening is imminent. We will keep you posted. The menu will be simple and affordable. We will have both the strawberry tart and the chocolate strawberry tart as well.

4101 S Texas Ave, on the Rosemary (Bryan) side of Caf Eccell.

Thanks!

Costa and Andreas
Hi All-

Here's the latest.

La Bodega Express will open Monday 3/30/20 at 11am
Drive thru
simple, affordable menu
both varieties of strawberry tart

We are also planning a promo to declare our opening to the front line health care workers that are and will be dealing with the pandemic. Let's call it "front line health care appreciation".

We will offer free meal items to these courageous folks who come through the drive thru. We will just need to see their qualifying ID/credentials at transaction time.

4101 S Texas Ave (Texas Ave and Rosemary)
Daily 11am-9pm

We know that food accessibility options have narrowed greatly with the closures. We're hoping that this reopening of the drive thru can help with the variety and access offered.

Also we are happy that we can get at least some of our people back to work.
TXAGGIE10
Just a question, are the workers at curbside/drive-thru required to wear gloves bringing you the order due to the current situation, or am I just overthinking this. Several I have been to today and this past week, the workers weren't wearing gloves. Thanks.
AggiePhil
AG
No, and that might be for the best. Yesterday at Sonic, the drive-thru worker was handling everything with her gloved hands. Food, drinks, money, you name it. Defeats the purpose at that point.
AggiePhil
AG
ooshwa said:

experiencebcs.com/eat-local
(direct google doc link)

I know this is posted in another thread, but I thought we'd keep it handy up top.

Abuelo's is closed. Needs to be removed from the list.
gus1390
AG
https://www.bcslocalflavor.com/

Local restaurant owners put this website together
isitjustme
AG
gus1390 said:

We've only picked up from one of those since all this started - Blue Baker. Instead, we have picked up from other local places: Remnant of Nawlins, La Botana, Fritella, Imperial, Chef Cao's, Burger House, a gas station taco bar, Hotdogs, Etc, and a couple of non-local places. Either way, support whoever you want to stay in business!!
halibut sinclair
agrab86 said:

gus1390 said:

We've only picked up from one of those since all this started - Blue Baker. Instead, we have picked up from other local places: Remnant of Nawlins, La Botana, Fritella, Imperial, Chef Cao's, Burger House, a gas station taco bar, Hotdogs, Etc, and a couple of non-local places. Either way, support whoever you want to stay in business!!
T&P for your waistline.
isitjustme
AG
Thanks, but staying home I've got more control over the waistline than ever, and am very mindful of it for maybe the 3rd time in my life. T&Ps for our pocketbooks would be welcome, but at least we're still getting paid for now.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
95_Aggie
AG
Wanted to give a shoutout to Blue Baker. Needed some eggs and a few produce items and they had my order ready to pick up in a couple of hours.

Thanks for providing this service to the community!
Wicked Good Ag
Would restaurants be better served by only opening on specific days of the week to save costs?? I guess it depends on its margins and number of employees they have/need
musicforall
Zeitman's Grocery releases their online menu on Tuesday, and then you pick up on Saturday. Two weeks ago you could get an order with a side of toilet paper, but not this week. They have been polling to see what other staples people would like available.

Had the knishes today. I am full for the rest of the weekend. Looking forward to seeing what they have to order each week until they finally get to open their downtown storefront. Right now, they are running out of Renegade Kitchen (rental in Bryan on Texas).
michellecan
Jesse's Taqueria reopens today at 6. Curbside only.
halibut sinclair
Joe's Place on 21 in Wixon Valley is opening back up today for to go/curbside.
(Removed:11023A)
AG
Is Aj Sushi open? I swing by this afternoon and it was closed? Not sure if it was just close for the weekend or what? Hope that's the case
histag10
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Joe's Place on 21 in Wixon Valley is opening back up today for to go/curbside.

If you live or work in that area, Edge general store is also still open for take out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.