Toilet Paper. What places have it and if you know, what time do they restock?

23,337 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by trackaggie76
Tom in College Station
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I found Member's Mark brand at Sam's around 4pm. They had most of a pallet left.
threecatcorner
Around lunch time today, the HEB on Texas and Holleman has a lot of things back on the shelves. They had an end cap full of multi packs of some off brand of toilet paper (said unscented) and little things of hand sanitizer. They restocked soup. They had little bottles of water. They had spaghetti sauce (on the brand I was getting, only had the glass jars, not the larger plastic ones, but they had a lot of them). They had plenty of hamburger meat; back when this started, there was one weekend that the whole meat section was empty.

They did have the deli section closed (although there were some prepacked items in the area that were apparently prepared by deli staff). A sign said they had them helping with other areas of the store.
ringrit
Lots of TP at Bryan (Briarcrest) Wal-Mart this morning!
JayHowdy!
Kroger at Rock Prairie is finally beginning to stock back up.
At 11 am this morning there was plenty of paper products (TP and paper towels)
It looks like that things are getting better in the supply chain, and hopefully the store will be fully stocked back up in the next week or two.
EMY92
AG
JayHowdy! said:

It looks like that things are getting better in the supply chain, and hopefully the store will be fully stocked back up in the next week or two.
Or, the hoarders have run out of room to store anymore.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
JayHowdy! said:

A few hours ago, they had plenty of Bounty paper towels on an end cap and there was no sign saying there was any limit.

Good sign.
unmade bed
threecatcorner said:

They had plenty of hamburger meat; back when this started, there was one weekend that the whole meat section was empty.

I was in the store that Friday (HEB at towerpoint). Craziest **** I've ever seen. Saw guy with literally a cart full of frozen meat of all varieties. That was before HEB was putting limits. I'm sure they were caught by surprise.

I felt so inadequate with my gallon of milk, 2 boxes of cereal, and 6 pack of TP.
Rapier108
Lately HEB Tower Point can't seem fill people's curb side or delivery orders very well. Everyone I know who uses that HEB is getting around 2/3 or less of what they ordered, and even that is mostly "substitutions," always to the HEB brand item. And most of the items being dropped or substituted are not paper or cleaning products. It is food, but they still don't have a lot of it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Mathguy64
AG
We were at Tower Point today and I thought the store was in the best shape I had seen it in 3 weeks. The Deli was back open, as was the meat case and department and the bakery. There was pasta of various shapes and sizes and there was half and half for the first time in forever. There were also a fair number of boxed items on the baking aisle. Different Varieties of cakes and muffin mixes. And there was plenty of beef and chicken stock and that had been very sketchy. The prepped food area up front had brisket burgers and we snagged some made as sliders.
gunan01
AG
So I never panic-bought anything 6-8 weeks ago when this all started, but now am finding the need to get toilet paper, paper towels, etc.

Is everything mostly back to normal with having these things stocked in the stores now? It's still hard to get for curbside.
MiMi
S
You can find most things now. The products that are difficult to find are disinfectant sprays & wipes and brand-name toilet paper. Paper towels seem to be OK but TP is hit or miss.
dubi
AG
Every weekday morning at the Holleman HEB.
TexAg1987
Sams looked almost fully stocked with the brands they carry earlier today.
Oogway
Does anyone know of a local source to buy a mask(s)? The Walgreens doesn't have any. We've been SIP and had not traveled so it wasn't an issue, but if that is the guideline, then we should probably have some for the family as restrictions are lifted, correct?

I know we could wear a bandana or scarf, but it is getting a little warm out. We will make do if necessary, but any recs?
Psychag
AG
Ordered mine from Aggieland Outfitters.
Oogway
Ok, thank you!
Sleepnumber
AG
Psychag said:

Ordered mine from Aggieland Outfitters.
Ditto
cz308
TexAg1987 said:

Sams looked almost fully stocked with the brands they carry earlier today.
Sams still have plenty of TP
threecatcorner
HEB on Texas and Holleman has had plenty of toilet paper the last few times I was there, and I wasn't there near opening.
trackaggie76
AG
I think the great toilet paper shortage (hoarding) of 2020 has finally come to an end. I actually got an order of TP from Amazon this week. I was at HEB at Jones Crossing and they had hand sanitizer for sale at the checkout!
Rapier108
trackaggie76 said:

I think the great toilet paper shortage (hoarding) of 2020 has finally come to an end. I actually got an order of TP from Amazon this week. I was at HEB at Jones Crossing and they had hand sanitizer for sale at the checkout!
Make sure any you buy is at least 75% isopropyl alcohol or 80% ethyl alcohol.

According to the CDC, anything less is not effective at killing the Kung Flu.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trackaggie76
AG
Yep that's what they had.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.