B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,099,337 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
thank you
MiMi
S
Confirmed cases are PCR positive tests. Probable cases are antigen positive tests. Antibody test results are not reported.
trouble
AG
Of course! I couldn't remember which definition we were using now
trouble
AG
8/26/21 4:00 pm

27 available hospital beds

0 available ICU beds

63 available ventilators

56 ICU patients

35 Covid ICU patients
coconuthead
Can a "COVID patient" turn into a non-COVID patient? Like let's say I check in with COVID and I'm in the ICU for COVID and stuff. But then I stop having COVID (ETA: stop testing positive for COVID) but need to remain in the ICU because of the effects. Am I still considered a COVID patient?

Or, once I'm counted in the hospital as a COVID patient am I always in that category?
trouble
AG
You are still a Covid patient. Just like if you come in for heart failure, that's your diagnosis until you are discharged.

If you are well enough to not be a Covid patient, you are well enough to be discharged.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 143 new confirmed cases, 8 probable cases, 51 (-4) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 3,323 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 112,881 (+458) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 8/26/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 94,407 (+293). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 47.64% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 167 (+4); 28.69% of total hospital capacity as of 8/25/21.
isitjustme
AG
Week of 7/5: 73 cases, 1,579 tests, 4.6%PCR
Week of 7/12: 113 cases, 2,009 tests, 5.6%
Week of 7/19: 204 cases, 3,745 tests, 5.45%
Week of 7/26: 275 cases, 4,673 tests, 5.9%
Week of 8/2: 291 cases, 4,261 tests, 6.8%
Week of 8/9: 482 cases, 4,706 tests, 10.2%
Week of 8/16: 383 cases, 5,508 tests, 7.0%
Week of 8/23: 617 cases, 7,964 tests, 7.75%

The PCR % has stabilized - more tests, more positive cases.
Thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of those 8 deaths reported this week and for all not yet reported, and those currently fighting covid.

Edited numbers, which I calculate myself, due to my inability to consistently use a simple calculator. Thanks to those who pointed those errors out.

From what Sullivan says, the only official numbers/tests are PCR tests/results, so I call it the PCR%.
theNetSmith
AG
itsjustyou, are you doing the PCR% calculation or getting it from elsewhere?
cavscout96
AG
one of the numbers is off last week

617 / 7964= 7.7%
theNetSmith
AG
plus

7/12: 113/2009 = 5.6%
7/19: 204/3745 = 5.45% (nit-picky, i know)

hey, it's the off-season.. i'm bored
EBrazosAg
AG
Do the 8/23 numbers reflect increased testing of the "I might feel sick and have it " or the "I'm a Tamu student and have to take a test - symptomatic or not!"?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
8/27/21 4:30 pm

28 available hospital beds

0 available ICU beds

63 available ventilators

54 ICU patients

31 Covid ICU patients
scd88
AG
Thanks.
kevmiller
[If you want that information please start a thread about that subject. -Staff]
MiMi
S
No BCHD weekend updates

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 113,167 (+286) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 8/27/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 94,605 (+198). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 47.74% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 163 (-4); 28.4% of total hospital capacity as of 8/26/21.

hudmoon
AG
[This thread is about numbers and not vaccine discussion. -Staff]
trouble
AG
[You have been on here long enough to know how hard we are trying to keep this on topic so please stop replying to posts that you know will derail threads. -Staff]
Expert Analysis
AG
So we are a week into the A&M testing and we have seen no appreciable increase in tests or positive cases. Quite interesting since there is potential for about 90k tests. Will be interesting to see what the weekly numbers from the TAMU dashboard look like when they get updated.
MiMi
S
Let's stop derailing this thread please. There are plenty of other opportunities to discuss the Pfizer EUA/approval labels on TexAgs. This thread is for BCS case numbers-related conversation.

[We have fixed the derails. -Staff]
hudmoon
AG
[There are too many discussions that get started when this thread gets derailed which clutters up the thread and makes it difficult for posters that just want to see the numbers. We have made it clear on the OP that this thread is about numbers and it is not open for debate. -Staff]
scd88
AG
FlyRod
Expert Analysis said:

So we are a week into the A&M testing and we have seen no appreciable increase in tests or positive cases. Quite interesting since there is potential for about 90k tests. Will be interesting to see what the weekly numbers from the TAMU dashboard look like when they get updated.

Yeah that volume of testing will surely jack up the positivity rate. I still can't help thinking lots of students already caught it, maybe during the summer, and their natural immunity will damp down the number of cases.
trouble
AG
8/28/21 12:25 pm

37 available hospital beds

0 available ICU beds

65 available ventilators

55 total ICU patients

27 Covid ICU patients
scd88
AG
Covid ICU numbers dropping.
MiMi
S
No BCHD weekend updates

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 113,494 (+327) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 8/28/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 94,890 (+285). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 47.89% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 159 (-4); 27.7% of total hospital capacity as of 8/27/21.
hudmoon
AG
Is there a place to find patient age break down of current hospitalizations?
trouble
AG
No, they have not been providing that information.
gettingitdone
Don't let that be misleading.....

ICU covid patients get moved to telemetry or CCU once they leave the unit. Also, there are ICU level patients on telemetry/ccu units
gettingitdone
Once you are a covid at check in, you remain a covid patient even if you come off isolation percautions
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 126 new confirmed cases, 43 probable cases, 52 (+1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 6,180 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 113,731 (+237) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 8/29/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 95,163 (+273). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 48.03% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 156 (-3); 27.91% of total hospital capacity as of 8/28/21.

trouble
AG
I totally forgot to update yesterday. Y'all should fire me.
Tailgate88
AG
trouble said:

We'll let you off with a warning and a salary cut this time.
trouble
AG
8/29/21 3:35 pm

36 available hospital beds

0 available ICU beds

65 available ventilators

53 ICU patients

29 Covid ICU patients
trouble
AG
Tailgate88 said:

trouble said:

We'll let you off with a warning and a salary cut this time.

I know this song and dance. You don't have anyone else to do the job
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.