B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,874 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
Post removed:
by user
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
No BCHD weekend updates

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 103,014 (+180) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 7/23/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 89,279 (+90). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 45.06% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 49 (+2); 8.19% of total hospital capacity as of 7/22/21.
Nosmo
AG
State reporting 262 total deaths per spreadsheet posted 7/24/21 for data as of 7/23 9:30AM.

Dates below are date of death (per death certificate):

JAN = 58

FEB = 24

MAR = 18 (actual date of death 3/31---1 added to state spreadsheet 06/16)

APR = 11
04-01-2021 #243 (added to state spreadsheet 07/19)
04-02-2021 #244
04-03-2021 #245
04-09-2021 #246
04-11-2021 #247
04-15-2021 #248
04-17-2021 #249
04-20-2021 #250
04-21-2021 #251
04-22-2021 #252 (added to state spreadsheet 05/16)
04-24-2021 #253

MAY = 5
05-16-2021 #254 (added to state spreadsheet 5/23)
05-22-2021 #255 (added to state spreadsheet 6/05)
05-28-2021 #256 (added to state spreadsheet 6/05)
05-30-2021 #257 (added to state spreadsheet 6/11)
05-31-2021 #258 (added to state spreadsheet 6/11)

JUN = 3
6-12-2021 #259 (added to state spreadsheet 6/29)
6-16-2021 #260 (added to state spreadsheet 6/21)
6-21-2021 #261 (added to state spreadsheet 6/25)

JUL = 1
7-08-2021 #262 (added to state spreadsheet 7/13)

County showing 265 vs State 262. State added one death to county in the past 7 days.
MiMi
S
No BCHD weekend updates

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 103,248 (+234) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 7/24/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 89,456 (+177). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 45.15% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 60 (+11); 10.03% of total hospital capacity as of 7/23/21.
new straw
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 48 new confirmed cases, 0 probable cases, 1602 tests, 0 deaths, 20 (-0) Brazos County residents hospitalized.*

*hospitalization number is as of 7/22/21

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 103,431 (+183) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 7/25/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 89,552 (+96). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 45.19% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 54 (-6); 9.38% of total hospital capacity as of 7/24/21.
trouble
AG
Health dept to have a Covid press conference Thursday afternoon. Not that I expect anything helpful to be shared.
MiMi
S
Given the misinformation in today's KBTX story about hospitalization data, I wouldn't trust anything they say.
trouble
AG
I haven't read it.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 46 new confirmed cases, 10 probable cases, 71 tests, 0 deaths, 25 (+5) Brazos County residents hospitalized.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 103,638 (+207) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 7/26/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 89,605 (+113). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 45.25% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 57 (+3); 10% of total hospital capacity as of 7/25/21.

isitjustme
AG
Perspective:
Week of 7/5: 73 cases, 1,579 tests, 4.6%PCR
Week of 7/12: 113 cases, 2,009 tests, 6.1%
Week of 7/19: 204 cases, 3,745 tests, 5.5%
So Far this week: 94 cases, 1,679 tests, 5.6%

I realize there is a lag between reported tests and reported result, but we basically have a lot more people being tested. Maybe that's out of media/cdc-induced fear, maybe for a host of other reasons. But the PCR isn't really much different recently. At those fairly consistent rates, if more people test, more positives will be reported.

I'm not sure what perspective that provides to others, but to me it says infection rates are a lot lower than they were (overall around 9%), so no need to panic.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 61 new confirmed cases, 0 probable cases, 969 tests, 0 deaths, 27 (+2) Brazos County residents hospitalized.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 103,809 (+171) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 7/27/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 89,743 (+78). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 45.29% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 58 (+1); 10.45% of total hospital capacity as of 7/26/21.
Tailgate88
AG
MiMi said:

Yesterday:
Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 57 (+3); 10% of total hospital capacity as of 7/25/21.

Today:
Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 58 (+1); 10.45% of total hospital capacity as of 7/26/21.
One additional COVID hospitalization increased total hospital capacity by .45% ?

(Mimi, thanks for your diligence in posting this data every day!)
trouble
AG
Capacity also depends on daily staffing and patient acuity. It's not just how many beds are occupied.
MiMi
S
Quote:

One additional COVID hospitalization increased total hospital capacity by .45% ?

(Mimi, thanks for your diligence in posting this data every day!)
You're welcome.

The hospital capacity % varies and may not seem to match the change in hospitalization numbers because it take into account the number of available staffed hospital beds, which will change daily. There were 555 staffed beds with 58 of them being occupied by Covid patients (10.45%).
Tailgate88
AG
Thank you both ladies for the explanation. Makes sense!
EBrazosAg
AG
Capacity somewhat constrained by:
Hospitals let the contract traveler nurses go after last increase and vaccines.
Lots of staff taking vacations they haven't been able to take for last 18 months - like the rest of us.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
cavscout96
AG
EBrazosAg said:

Lots of staff taking vacations they haven't been able to take for last 18 months - like the rest of us.
thanks for the context. We certainly won't get that from Sullivan's presser later today.
FlyRod
So the local health authorities release the number of "recovered" cases. Has anyone combined that with vaccinated to produce a guesstimate of "percentage with natural and/or vaccine immunity?" Apologies if I missed this.
oldag00
AG
There's no way to know the number of recovered that also got vaccinated.
FlyRod
That's a good point. Just adding the officially vaccinated and recovered gets to roughly 55% of the Brazos county population with immunity.

But yes, if many recovered are also in the vaccinated column, then the percentage is lower.
Rapier108
Don't forget that at one time, the ICU capacity was over 125%, and IIRC, got close to 150% a few times. (I'm not going to scan through 100+ pages to find the exact maximum.)

Coronavirus cases were 25%-30% or more during the peak.

Assuming it behaves the same as in Israel and the UK, then it will not get anywhere close to what we saw at the peak last year, and should start to drop within 2-3 weeks.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
trouble
AG
cavscout96 said:

EBrazosAg said:

thanks for the context. We certainly won't get that from Sullivan's presser later today.

I thought it was tomorrow
AggieBaseball06
AG
trouble said:

cavscout96 said:

EBrazosAg said:

Time is a social construct. If you free your mind of preconceived boundaries on time, technically tomorrow is just much later today.
cavscout96
AG
trouble said:

cavscout96 said:

EBrazosAg said:

you're right. it's tomorrow. I've got too many projects going at once....
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 34 new confirmed cases, 6 probable cases, 745 tests, 31 (+4) Brazos County residents hospitalized.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 103,994 (+185) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 7/28/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 89,825 (+82). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 45.33% of Brazos County residents (12 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 65 (+7); 11.53% of total hospital capacity as of 7/27/21.
trouble
AG
Did anyone watch the press conference today? I was chasing the feral children and missed it
trouble
AG
I found the kbtx article. Here's the numbers.

So far for July, 87% of positives have been in unvaccinated individuals.

Only 3 vaccinated people have been hospitalized.

We have 16 known cases of Delta. Suspected to be higher since most positives aren't getting additional testing. (This wasn't said but I suspect the Delta cases have been in the hospitalized)

Sullivan says that 52% of eligible are vaccinated but that's not the numbers we've been seeing.

Since vaccination started, we've seen 109 documented breakthrough cases.
FlyRod
Quote:

So far for July, 87% of positives have been fun unvaccinated individuals.

Not that I doubt you, but I'm going to continue hanging out with fun vaccinated individuals.
Post removed:
by user
trouble
AG
Dammit. I'm blaming the children
trouble
AG
FlyRod said:

Quote:

So far for July, 87% of positives have been fun unvaccinated individuals.

Not that I doubt you, but I'm going to continue hanging out with fun vaccinated individuals.

That's also my preference
FlyRod
Anyway, trouble, your summary was a good one. I watched a bit of the presser. I think he said roughly 80% of the cases locally are now Delta, but that determining that else's time consuming and costly, etc.

But that seems a reasonable guess. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the "It will burn out fast" crowd are right.
trouble
AG
I'm just worried that we are going to see a huge increase in a couple weeks.
Post removed:
by user
First Page Last Page
Page 136 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.