B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,099,408 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers (includes the weekend): 42 new confirmed cases, 4 probable cases, 12 (+3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 731 tests, 0 deaths.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 87,798 (+185) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/9/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 66,392 (+485). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 35.53% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 28 (-2); 5.43% of total hospital capacity as of 5/8/21.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 33 new confirmed cases, 4 probable cases, 9 (-3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 726 tests, 0 deaths.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 87,878 (+80) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/10/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 66,573 (+181). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 35.63% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 27 (-1); 5.41% of total hospital capacity as of 5/9/21.
scd88
AG
Thanks, MiMi.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 40 new confirmed cases, 3 probable cases, 12 (+3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 667 tests, 1 death - a male who died at home.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 88,066 (+188) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/11/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 66,943 (+370). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 35.83% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 24 (-3); 4.48% of total hospital capacity as of 5/10/21.

lockett93
AG
Thanks as always MiMi.

The death was a male in his 20's and at home? The youngest Brazos County resident to die with covid. Not sure of any comorbidities.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
lockett93 said:

Thanks as always MiMi.

The death was a male in his 20's and at home? The youngest Brazos County resident to die with covid. Not sure of any comorbidities.

The probability that he had underlying issues is a number that starts with a few 9s.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 4 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 14 (+2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 859 tests, 0 deaths.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 88,309 (+243) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/12/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 67,370 (+427). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 36.06% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 23 (-1); 4.17% of total hospital capacity as of 5/11/21.
halibut sinclair
4!!!! Let's wrap this up and put a bow on it. And NOT 2 more weeks.
Nosmo
AG
From the state spreadsheets, it appears that the latest death "reported" in the county (raising the total to #250) is actually #249 in the sequence of events, and occurred 4/21/21.

#249 was originally attributed to 4/24/21 the week before, but that one is now is listed as #250.

Somewhat confusing, but it's the difference in reporting vs the actual date of death.

That puts April at 9 deaths and none so far in May, with the last date of death April 24.

04-02-2021 #242
04-03-2021 #243
04-09-2021 #244
04-11-2021 #245
04-15-2021 #246
04-17-2021 #247
04-20-2021 #248
04-21-2021 #249
04-24-2021 #250
scd88
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 4 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 14 (+2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 859 tests, 0 deaths.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 88,309 (+243) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/12/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 67,370 (+427). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 36.06% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 23 (-1); 4.17% of total hospital capacity as of 5/11/21.

We done.
nthomas99
AG
Nosmo said:

From the state spreadsheets, it appears that the latest death "reported" in the county (raising the total to #250) is actually #249 in the sequence of events, and occurred 4/21/21.

#249 was originally attributed to 4/24/21 the week before, but that one is now is listed as #250.

Somewhat confusing, but it's the difference in reporting vs the actual date of death.

That puts April at 9 deaths and none so far in May, with the last date of death April 24.

04-02-2021 #242
04-03-2021 #243
04-09-2021 #244
04-11-2021 #245
04-15-2021 #246
04-17-2021 #247
04-20-2021 #248
04-21-2021 #249
04-24-2021 #250

Can we get county level monthly deaths somewhere? Given that the pre pandemic average deaths in Brazos County was a little north of 3 per day, I wouldn't be surprised if we've reverted to at or below average expected deaths (which at least nationally, we did go statistically in excess for a good while in the last year).
theNetSmith
AG
Nobody is talking about the 37yo CS male who might need a lung transplant? His mother says he has no other underlying health conditions apart from "a little bit of high blood pressure". If that is true, why is this guy having such a difficult time recovering? COVID-19 pneumonia? What do we know about this Brazilian strain that the county health officials say he has?

https://www.kbtx.com/app/2021/05/13/college-station-man-could-require-lung-transplant-after-getting-brazilian-strain-of-covid-19/
scd88
AG
theNetSmith said:

Nobody is talking about the 37yo CS male who might need a lung transplant? His mother says he has no other underlying health conditions apart from "a little bit of high blood pressure". If that is true, why is this guy having such a difficult time recovering? COVID-19 pneumonia? What do we know about this Brazilian strain that the county health officials say he has?

https://www.kbtx.com/app/2021/05/13/college-station-man-could-require-lung-transplant-after-getting-brazilian-strain-of-covid-19/

Ah, good ol' KBTX. Let's focus on outliers as if they are the norm. There is a lot of "could be's" and "possibly's" on how they present information. Gotta keep everyone on edge.
Nosmo
AG
nthomas99 said:

Can we get county level monthly deaths somewhere? Given that the pre pandemic average deaths in Brazos County was a little north of 3 per day, I wouldn't be surprised if we've reverted to at or below average expected deaths (which at least nationally, we did go statistically in excess for a good while in the last year).

According to this website, the county had 982 deaths in 2017.

Deaths (2006-2017)
BrazosWifi
theNetSmith said:

37yo and has a history of high blood pressure? That's suspect in itself.
What's the underlying cause?
nthomas99
AG
Nosmo said:

nthomas99 said:

According to this website, the county had 982 deaths in 2017.

Deaths (2006-2017)
Right, and accounting for the increase in population, that's the basic info I took my "little north of 3 per day" stat from. The question is what is that count for the last few months versus last year, etc.
cavscout96
AG
So, does a&M rescind the mask mandate?

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/cdc-plans-drop-mask-requirements-fully-vaccinated-people-n1267249
theNetSmith
AG
BrazosWifi said:

theNetSmith said:

37yo and has a history of high blood pressure? That's suspect in itself.
What's the underlying cause?
Well, I did say IF what his mother said is true. I suspect he might be overweight with hbp, but wouldn't one have to have some kind of respiratory issue to find oneself potentially needing a lung transplant? I haven't seen any data on correlations regarding hospitalized COVID patients on respirators and respiratory illness, but somebody has to have published something on that by now.
denied
Anyone heard anything about getting kids vaccinated in B/CS?
KidDoc
AG
I know nothing about his case but judging from the picture and typical health care utilization by late 30s Hispanic males there is a significant chance he had undiagnosed hypertension, obesity, possible diabetes. If you add vaping or smoking then that is a cocktail for COVID disaster.

Those undiagnosed pre existing conditions do not make the story any less sad, but they are very common in that population sadly. This is part of the "know your numbers" campaign aimed at men 25-50 (BMI, blood pressure, cholesterol, Hgb A1C)

Lung transplant has been used as a last ditch effort to save severe COVID in younger patients.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
scs01
denied said:

Anyone heard anything about getting kids vaccinated in B/CS?
Check on the Kroger or Walgreen's websites. Both have some Pfizer slots available and are taking appointments for kids 12+.
denied
Thanks for the suggestion! I just scheduled it for my oldest through the Walgreens website and it was stupid easy. Being able to schedule both doses at once was nice!
theNetSmith
AG
These are all valid points. And, as you said, underlying conditions or not, it's still sad.

Thank you for responding.
Sarvab
MiMi,

Maybe I missed it but it doesn't look like the BCHD released an update to the dashboard for yesterday. Did you see anything like that? I generally like to see where the new cases are in the age cohorts.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 22 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 11 (-3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 775 tests, 0 deaths.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 88,581 (+272) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/13/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 69,252 (+1,882). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 37.06% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 21 (-2); 3.68% of total hospital capacity as of 5/12/21.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Maybe I missed it but it doesn't look like the BCHD released an update to the dashboard for yesterday.
I'm not sure. I didn't look at their dashboard yesterday. I just looked and it has been updated this morning.
scd88
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 22 new confirmed cases, 1 probable case, 11 (-3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 775 tests, 0 deaths.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 88,581 (+272) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/13/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 69,252 (+1,882). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 37.06% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 21 (-2); 3.68% of total hospital capacity as of 5/12/21.

KBTX headline reads "Covid cases multiply by 11 times in 24 hours."
isitjustme
AG

2 weeks ago - 211 cases, 2 deaths
Last week - 187 cases, 2 deaths
This week - 141 cases, 1 death

Latest positive result tests are also way down. This trend can always changed, but I don't think it will very soon.

cavscout96
AG
scd88 said:

MiMi said:

they just cant help themselves...
boredatwork08
AG
Where did it say that?
Counterpoint
AG
cavscout96 said:

scd88 said:

MiMi said:

It was a joke!
Belton Ag
AG
Counterpoint said:

cavscout96 said:

scd88 said:

MiMi said:

It was a joke!
Maybe but the reason jokes like that are amusing is because they contain a kernel of truth.

Maybe Kathleen can put it all in context for us.
Cartographer
Add me to the stats. Not sure when it will count but COVID confirmed this afternoon.
Belton Ag
AG
Is Not a Turtle said:

Add me to the stats. Not sure when it will count but COVID confirmed this afternoon.
Prayers to you. That sucks.

Went through it with my whole family and myself 4 months ago. Hopefully it turns out to be a mild case for you.
MiMi
S
Quote:

COVID confirmed this afternoon

Sorry to hear this. I hope you have only mild symptoms. If you are at high risk of severe disease, ask your Dr about a monoclonal antibody infusion. Also, check Dr. Reveille's posts (it's stickied at the top) on the Coronavirus forum about his recommended supplement regimen (zinc, Vit D, melatonin, etc).
First Page Last Page
Page 128 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.