B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,868 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
theNetSmith
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's very informative. Thanks for taking the time to craft that post!
MiMi
S
No weekend updates from BCHD

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 85,601 (+1,408) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/1/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 58,786 (+3,250). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 31.46% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 34 (+2); 5.89% of total hospital capacity as of 4/30/21.
KidDoc
AG
Wow what an awesome trend over the last 3 months! Abbott dropping the mask mandate doesn't seem to be the disaster the national media predicted.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TommyBrady
AG
Anybody know why we are only getting 200 doses this week, while other counties who have been giving out less doses still get their normal 5,000?

https://dshs.texas.gov/news/updates/COVIDVaccineAllocation-Week21.pdf
Nosmo
AG
Basically lack of demand for first doses. Younger people not showing the urgency in getting the shot as much as the older residents.

TommyBrady
AG
So why are other counties still getting doses when we have given out thousands more the last couple weeks.

Potter and Lubbock County are two examples I've seen so far.
Nosmo
AG
My assumption is that the people vaccinating here still have inventory. The county hub is taking walk-ups and they can't use up their 1st dose inventory. Pretty much that way everywhere in the county.

Up until a few weeks ago we were in "rationing" mode (demand > supply). Now we have more supply than demand, so it's morphed into a normal flu shot situation.

Other parts of the state may have a different situation. The J&J situation may have been part of the reason, but the entire county is seeing a slow down in first dose demand. People are either anti-vaxxers, afraid, just don't care or think it's a priority.
The Brazos Kid
Nosmo said:

My assumption is that the people vaccinating here still have inventory. The county hub is taking walk-ups and they can't use up their 1st dose inventory. Pretty much that way everywhere in the county.

Up until a few weeks ago we were in "rationing" mode (demand > supply). Now we have more supply than demand, so it's morphed into a normal flu shot situation.

Other parts of the state may have a different situation. The J&J situation may have been part of the reason, but the entire county is seeing a slow down in first dose demand. People are either anti-vaxxers, afraid, just don't care or think it's a priority.

Yeah, the demand is way down. I did get my 1st shot 3 days ago at CVS. Their online appointment portal had every 15 minute time slot open.

Once I was there, the 2 guys there giving shots looked bored out of their minds. I sat for 15 minutes after the shot and no one else came in. They just sat on their phones playing games waiting for whoever was next... eventually.

TommyBrady
AG
I have no problem with reducing vaccine allocation if its needed and is fair across the board. We administered more shots in the last week than Lubbock did in the last two weeks combined yet we get 100 real doses and they are given 5,000 once again.

We administered over 9,000 doses last week
Nosmo
AG
In the 7 days ending last Friday (4/30) the county logged that the following residents received shots:

3,174 1st doses

7,421 2nd doses (9,880 allocated)

Not necessarily that Brazos county administered the shots. Just like deaths, shots end up getting credited to the county of residence, regardless where the event occurred. I don't think the disconnect is a big number, but it makes tracking allocation vs shots administered somewhat inexact.

There was 3,870 1st doses allocated to the county last week. There's also inventory. There's also data lag.

The 2nd dose allocation will be whatever is needed to cover the 2nd dose, but those are just following up on 1st doses 3 to 4 weeks ago.

So although last week looked like a relatively big number for vaccinations, the 1st dose numbers were in the neighborhood of 400 - 500 per day vs 1,200-1,400 per day a few weeks ago.

I'm confident, if we needed more doses, we could get more doses. We have gone from telling people to be patient to begging for them to get the shot in the matter of a month.

MiMi
S
Today's numbers (includes the weekend): 45 new confirmed cases, 5 probable cases, 17 (-1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,262 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 85,659 (+58) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/2/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 59,153 (+367). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 31.66% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 43 (+9); 7.71% of total hospital capacity as of 5/1/21.
dachicken89
AG
So if someone was vaccinated somewhere else other than Brazos County, does that get reflected in Brazos County numbers at all? I had my vaccines done through Methodist Hospital in Houston as they got me in before brazos county was even starting to distribute to anyone younger than 75.

dubi
AG
Yes
theNetSmith
AG
Does anyone know where (in College Station) one can still get a COVID test?

Not the vaccine, but a test. A co-worker wants/needs to get tested.
Bunk Moreland
I think Walgreens on Rock Prairie had a sign up as recently as Friday saying they were doing it?
theNetSmith
AG
You were right, Bunk. They have slots open today and my friend is signing up now. Thanks!
KidDoc
AG
theNetSmith said:

Where you can get a COVID-19 test this week in the Brazos Valley | Latest Headlines | theeagle.com

Easy to find with a quick google search.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 20 new confirmed cases, 0 probable cases, 12 (-5) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,148 tests, 2 deaths - 1 hospitalized male in his 60's and 1 hospitalized male in his 70's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 85,882 (+223) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/3/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 59,351 (+198). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 31.77% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 39 (-4); 7.14% of total hospital capacity as of 5/2/21.

theNetSmith
AG
KidDoc said:

theNetSmith said:

Where you can get a COVID-19 test this week in the Brazos Valley | Latest Headlines | theeagle.com

Easy to find with a quick google search.
thank goodness I have people like you to do the Googling for me.

seriously, tho, I figured my co-worker would have already done as much, so I came straight here.. where I knew all of the local COVID experts hang out.
Post removed:
by user
benchmark
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Wondering at what point do we declare this public health menace defeated? Single digit cases per day?
In terms of putting a fork in mortality risk and/or overburdening our healthcare system ... last month, when 80% >65 were vaccinated.
lockett93
AG
lockett93 said:

I've kept the sheet updated but not posted a link to it in a while.

Lowest 7 day total (ignoring Snovid-21) since august.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
We made it back to lowest 7 day total since August...

Unfortunately today's numbers include a 90 year old... Wonder if the 90 year old was vaccinated?
scd88
AG
Can we say this **** is essentially over here? Good grief.
Post removed:
by user
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 48 new confirmed cases, 3 probable cases, 12 (-0) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 768 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 86,036 (+154) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/4/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 59,782 (+431). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 32% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 36 (-3); 6.35% of total hospital capacity as of 5/3/21.
Rapier108
lockett93 said:

lockett93 said:

I've kept the sheet updated but not posted a link to it in a while.

Lowest 7 day total (ignoring Snovid-21) since august.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11DhOiIPQwUQ5teJsvOV_JYp-zDkE4Eq5bQ91fud7y9Q

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
We made it back to lowest 7 day total since August...

Unfortunately today's numbers include a 90 year old... Wonder if the 90 year old was vaccinated?
Even with the vaccine, it is no guarantee a person won't get the virus. The goal is to help prevent a serious illness, but even that is not 100%. There have even been a few deaths of elderly people in the US who had been fully vaccinated.

I might be wrong, but I would suspect that with elderly people, vaccines may not always create as good of an immune response as they do in younger people, simple because the elderly tend to have weaker immune systems. I'm sure one of our local doctors could confirm or correct me on that point.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 44 new confirmed cases, 0 probable cases, 11 (-1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,086 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 86,590 (+554) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/5/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 60,241 (+459). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 32.24% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 33 (-3); 6.37% of total hospital capacity as of 5/4/21.

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 30 new confirmed cases, 5 probable cases, 9 (-2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 818 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 86,903 (+313) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/6/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 62,694 (+2,453). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 33.55% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 30 (-3); 5.26% of total hospital capacity as of 5/5/21.
isitjustme
AG
Last week - 211 cases, 2 deaths
This week - 187 cases, 2 deaths

Sorry for the loss of the 4, but numbers are down significantly from pre-lifting of restrictions in March. Incidentally, the deaths were reported each week on the days with the lowest reported new cases, 12 last week and 20 this week. Don't know if that's planned, but news outlets led with the deaths those 2 days, not the low case numbers.
trouble
AG
I wasn't sure we'd even get to a quarter of the adult population vaccinated. 1/3 makes me so happy!
MiMi
S

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 87,352 (+449) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/7/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 65,197 (+2,503). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 34.89% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 27 (-3); 4.68% of total hospital capacity as of 5/6/21.

Nosmo
AG
Just an FYI:

Actual date of death (per death certificate) for Brazos county residents since April 1st, according to Texas DSHS May 8th database.

04-02-2021 #242
04-03-2021 #243
04-09-2021 #244
04-11-2021 #245
04-15-2021 #246
04-17-2021 #247
04-20-2021 #248
04-24-2021 #249

MiMi
S
Quote:

Actual date of death (per death certificate) for Brazos county residents since April 1st, according to Texas DSHS May 8th database.
So, no deaths in Brazos County due to Covid in the past two weeks? Nice!
Nosmo
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

So, no deaths in Brazos County due to Covid in the past two weeks? Nice!
Well..... maybe.

The problem is the delay in the state making an "official" count based on the paperwork process. There may actually be a death this past week or two (could be more time), but until the state logs it in their database (the actual date on the certificate) "we" can't see it.

The "process" seems to be getting more efficient (maybe due to less deaths), and a couple weeks after the actual date date of death, it's pretty accurate. Deaths logged 3 weeks after the event are becoming unusual.

I am surprised that often the state has a higher count for Brazos county than what is being reported locally, and it might go on for a week or more. Eventually the state and county reporting get back on the same page, like they are right now with both reporting 249.

But hopefully there have been no deaths the past two weeks!

MiMi
S

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 87,613 (+261) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 5/8/21. The number of fully vaccinated people is now 65,907 (+710). According to the state's vaccination dashboard, 35.27% of Brazos County residents (16 yrs and older) are now fully vaccinated.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 30 (+3); 5.43% of total hospital capacity as of 5/7/21.
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.