B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,984 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trouble said:

We're also past the holiday surge. Which was caused by people getting together with friends/family and not by eating out/going to a bar.
Blue Star for you.

100% family get togethers and 0% bars and restaurants IMHO.
lockett93
AG
Tuesday's results include:

15 (-14) Covid ICU beds in use since my last update
-45 PCR cases today than this day last week

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
FlyRod
Good to see cases falling.

As for small gatherings vs. bars/restaurants, it's easier to trace the former since the latter involves being inside with lots of strangers, so much more difficult to trace. But I don't see how the mechanism really differs between the two situations, as they are both indoors/close proximity scenarios.
trouble
AG
You spend a longer time around others when you gather in private versus the 30 minutes or so you might be in "close" contact with others in a restaurant. You also tend to spend that time with family closer physically than you would strangers.
dubi
AG
FlyRod said:

Good to see cases falling.

As for small gatherings vs. bars/restaurants, it's easier to trace the former since the latter involves being inside with lots of strangers, so much more difficult to trace. But I don't see how the mechanism really differs between the two situations, as they are both indoors/close proximity scenarios.
We eat out a lot! I'm not talking takeout, but sit in a restaurant for 30 minutes - 1 hour and eat. No one is sitting in my personal space except my hubby.

If i go out with friends for a drink, we try to spread out at a larger table or sit outside.

I'm age 50+ and our friends and I take this stuff serious enough to be safe, BUT not so serious that we are locked in our home scared to socialize.

We need a happy medium until everyone gets vaccinated.
scd88
AG
This.
FlyRod
Those are good answers. But I see people in larger groups than just their SO, and for hours in a restaurant or a bar (and bars can get crowded). There also seems to be a lot of discrepancies in how much time is required for transmission. I've seen 5-15 minutes stated in some studies .

One reason it would be interesting to see breakdown of local cases in more detail is to see if bar/restaurant staff are getting sick given the time spent indoors and close interactions with customers. Alas we won't know I suppose.
dubi
AG
FlyRod said:

Those are good answers. But I see people in larger groups than just their SO, and for hours in a restaurant or a bar (and bars can get crowded). There also seems to be a lot of discrepancies in how much time is required for transmission. I've seen 5-15 minutes stated in some studies .

One reason it would be interesting to see breakdown of local cases in more detail is to see if bar/restaurant staff are getting sick given the time spent indoors and close interactions with customers. Alas we won't know I suppose.
I think those are the folks that drink lots more alcohol than me and me friends.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 108 new confirmed cases, 49 probable cases, 55 (+4) Brazos County residents hospitalized,1,714 tests, 1 death - hospitalized male in his 70's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 10,052 (+1,134) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/2/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 89 (+2); 14.13% of total hospital capacity as of 2/1/21

Day 4 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.

Born&Raised
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 108 new confirmed cases, 49 probable cases, 55 (+4) Brazos County residents hospitalized,1,714 tests, 1 death - hospitalized male in his 70's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 10,052 (+1,134) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/2/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 89 (+2); 14.13% of total hospital capacity as of 2/1/21

Day 4 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.

I'm getting very curious... we should be or have vaccinated people in LTCF and older people ... at least a few. But our hospitals are still filling BACK UP. Huge dip into the 30's now back near 60...

At what point do y'all think we should start seeing the effects of the vaccines in our LTCF and older folks?

I would think by late February early March we should start to see the effects of these vaccines ... or am I wrong?
trouble
AG
2 weeks after their second shot.

Don't laugh, cavscout.

Full immunity is conferred between 10-14 days from the second injection
trouble
AG
Also, since the overall number is going down, I wonder if our friends over at the health department didn't have the county count right.
jeffk
AG
With what limited information we get, it's really hard to know if an older person who needs hospitalization is coming from a LTCF or their own home. (Rapier on his scanner seems to be the only method for finding that out). Also, some older folks decline the vaccine for various reasons, and I haven't seen any data about patient's status reported anywhere either.
dubi
AG
jeffk said:

With what limited information we get, it's really hard to know if an older person who needs hospitalization is coming from a LTCF or their own home. (Rapier on his scanner seems to be the only method for finding that out). Also, some older folks decline the vaccine for various reasons, and I haven't seen any data about patient's status reported anywhere either.

I do not understand this at all! In your 80's, the death rate is ~ 8%.
jeffk
AG
And apart from refusals, you also have some folks who are just disconnected and aren't proactive in going to get signed up OR don't have anyone else around to assist them through the process. There's so many factors affecting individual choices being made and we (the public) are only given a tiny piece of information - hospitalized or not.
halibut sinclair
Also those who believe the crazy conspiracy theories about Bill Gates tracking them via the vaccine and it altering your DNA somehow. I know some of those people.
Rapier108
jeffk said:

I haven't heard anything of consequence which would make me think there is another outbreak at a nursing home, but I only have it running when I'm at home in the evening. It's pretty much been the normal level of EMS calls to nursing homes as of late, and only three in the past few weeks might have been coronavirus related; but it is often hard to tell if they don't say anything specific because all calls to nursing homes require the responders to use PPE no matter what the actual problem is. Generally the way it becomes obvious is numerous EMS runs in short order, all of which are for the same thing "respiratory problems/difficulty breathing" often with additional information for low O2 levels, or other obvious signs of respiratory distress. The Waterford, Parc, Lampstand, Generations Center for Senior Living, Legacy Nursing & Rehabilitation of Bryan, Accel at College Station, and Hudson Creek Alzheimer's Special Care Center, all had this happen over the last year. Easily could have been others with smaller outbreaks, and there are a few others I suspect since last March, but am not certain, but those are the ones I am 100% certain it sadly happened there. If the BCHD ever provided us with the data, I have little doubt we'd see that 75% or more of all deaths in this county came from nursing homes.

There could easily be an outbreak and I'm just not hearing it because the EMS calls are happening at other times when I'm at work or sleeping. The calls I've heard as of late that were specifically for patients with the virus (where dispatch tells EMS that the person is confirmed positive) were to homes/apartments. Obviously if I hear something about a nursing home, I'll mention that I suspect it is happening again.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TommyBrady
AG
Whats the percentage chance of someone in their 80's dying like everyday? Im guessing thousands die daily just from other factors outside covid
jeffk
AG
Most facilities in our area got the first vaccine dose around early January and the second sometime in the last week or two, so it makes sense that we'd (hopefully) see less severe cases there now.
Inca
AG
TommyBrady said:

Whats the percentage chance of someone in their 80's dying like everyday? Im guessing thousands die daily just from other factors outside covid

That may be true. But my parents are 86 and 83 and are in great health. They are very active. Dying from Covid would cut years off their lives. They are definitely ready to get the vaccine. Unfortunately where they live the roll out has been slow. With no clear or easy process to sign up. I'm hoping they can get the first injection within the next few weeks.
TommyBrady
AG
Theres outliers in every possible scenario but a lot of 80-90 year olds don't really give a **** and will do whatever they want. I hope everybody who wants a shot gets a shot but theres always reasons for people not doing what is best for them. Look at our obesity rates and people wonder why we have had so many die in their 50's. We are an unhealthy nation
techno-ag
AG
jeffk said:

Most facilities in our area got the first vaccine dose around early January and the second sometime in the last week or two, so it makes sense that we'd (hopefully) see less severe cases there now.
I'm hopeful normal times are on the horizon.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 90 new confirmed cases, 31 probable cases, 51 (-4) Brazos County residents hospitalized,1,518 tests, 1 death - hospitalized male in his 70's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 11,047 (+995) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/3/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 90 (+1); 14.15% of total hospital capacity as of 2/2/21

Day 5 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 102 new confirmed cases, 25 probable cases, 43 (-8) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,219 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 12,129 (+1082) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/4/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 86 (-4); 13.61% of total hospital capacity as of 2/3/21

Day 6 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 105 new confirmed cases, 18 probable cases, 44 (+1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 789 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 13,004 (+875) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/5/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 82 (-4); 12.62% of total hospital capacity as of 2/4/21

Day 7 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.

lockett93
AG
I've been keeping the spreadsheet daily, just not posting daily since MiMi is covering the daily changes...

Saturday's results include:

16 (+1) Covid ICU beds in use since my last update
+1 PCR cases today than this day last week

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
scd88
AG
Thank you Mimi and lockett.
Loaded
AG
Thank you lockett for keeping the spreadsheet going!

Thank you Mimi for the daily updates!
Monywolf
I second this. Kudos to MImi and Lockett. I check this thread for updates everyday.

Edit - I guess I third this...
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 93 new confirmed cases, 7 probable cases, 41 (-3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 735 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 13,096 (+92) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/6/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 85 (+3); 13.43% of total hospital capacity as of 2/5/21

Day 8 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.

Edited to add one comment - despite today's KBTX story leading with the total number (1452) of current active cases (which really doesn't mean much anyway) to make it sound more 'scary' for Super Bowl Sunday, we have seen a 21% decrease in daily active cases since the high (1858) on Jan 17, 2021.
Tailgate88
AG
So let's see, since it's been eight days below 15%, does that mean

A) Bars can open back up (except they all paid the fee to the gubmint already to get the waver saying they had more than 51% revenue to food or whatever anyway)

B) Restaurants can now expand to 75% since we know they've only been at 50% (wink wink)

halibut sinclair
Tailgate88 said:

So let's see, since it's been eight days below 15%, does that mean

A) Bars can open back up (except they all paid the fee to the gubmint already to get the waver saying they had more than 51% revenue to food or whatever anyway)

B) Restaurants can now expand to 75% since we know they've only been at 50% (wink wink)

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/06/business-capacity-returns-to-75-in-brazos-surrounding-counties/
gigem92
AG
Really KBTX? What is the point of this headline other than to try and scare people into not having a get together today? There is no reason to put Super Bowl Sunday in the headline.

"1,452 active COVID-19 cases in Brazos County on Super Bowl Sunday, 93 new positive cases confirmed today"

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/07/1452-active-covid-19-cases-in-brazos-county-on-super-bowl-sunday-93-new-positive-cases-confirmed-today/
dubi
AG
gigem92 said:

Really KBTX? What is the point of this headline other than to try and scare people into not having a get together today? There is no reason to put Super Bowl Sunday in the headline.

"1,452 active COVID-19 cases in Brazos County on Super Bowl Sunday, 93 new positive cases confirmed today"

https://www.kbtx.com/2021/02/07/1452-active-covid-19-cases-in-brazos-county-on-super-bowl-sunday-93-new-positive-cases-confirmed-today/

The usual "click bait" BS.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 84 new confirmed cases, 31 probable cases, 41 (+0) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 372 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 13,123 (+27) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/7/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 83 (-2); 13.61% of total hospital capacity as of 2/6/21
First Page Last Page
Page 118 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.