B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,095,809 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
dubi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
theNetSmith said:

10? yikes
Remember the state and Brazos County were out of sync on that stat. I bet they fixed their website.
trouble
AG
They're playing catch up again. There's been several days with no deaths reported that I've known of at least 1.
theNetSmith
AG
yeah, I remember the last time we had a big spike and the lag/catch-up was discussed, and I figured that was again the case here, but still..
Rapier108
theNetSmith said:

10? yikes
https://www.kbtx.com/2021/01/23/brazos-county-health-district-investigating-discrepancy-for-covid-death-totals/
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
FlyRod
7 deaths of hospitalized, 3 at home.
Born&Raised
Of that ten was a Hispanic male in his 30's - possibly the youngest yet.

Did not list any comorbids - just race and age...

I have not seen or heard of any families grieving over their loss and as we saw with the young woman that passed.

I simply cannot wait for this to end (like everyone else).

We all see the light at the end of the tunnel but it is still faint - just glad to hear the winter surge has peaked and is SLOWLY coming down.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 105 new confirmed cases, 55 probable cases, 44 (-1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,241 tests, 4 deaths - Hospitalized one white male in his 60's, one Hispanic male in his 60's, one Hispanic male in his 90's, and one white female in her 60's.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 7408 (+53) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/26/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 110 (-3); 18.8% of total hospital capacity as of 1/25/21
TommyBrady
AG
Just updated numbers and showing 7,464 vaccinated with at least one dose and 1,101 vaccinated with both. Wow we suck at this
cavscout96
AG
TommyBrady said:

Just updated numbers and showing 7,464 vaccinated with at least one dose and 1,101 vaccinated with both. Wow we suck at this

I say again...

Quote:

You could give this to a solid Cavalry platoon sergeant and get better results.
Oogway
cavscout96 said:

TommyBrady said:

I say again...

Quote:

You could give this to a solid Cavalry platoon sergeant and get better results.

The BIG MEDICAL EVENT.

Like the TAMU flu shot days only bigger.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
TommyBrady said:

Hire a Chick Fil A manager
S
Today's numbers: 117 new confirmed cases, 21 probable cases, 39 (-5) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 905 tests, 1 death - hospitalized male in his 70's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 7464 (+56) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/27/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 105 (-5); 16.69% of total hospital capacity as of 1/26/21

lockett93
AG
Thursday's results include:

32 (+2) Covid ICU beds in use
+16 PCR cases today than this day last week

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 143 new confirmed cases, 55 probable cases, 37 (-2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1485 tests, 1 death - One hospitalized male in his 40's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 7551 (+87) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/28/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 112 (-5); 17.92% of total hospital capacity as of 1/27/21

lockett93
AG
The hospitalized man in 40's death announced today is the first person I've personally met that passed away from Covid. Sad to hear he didn't make it. He died Monday.

Friday's results include:

32 (+0) Covid ICU beds in use
112 (+7) Covid Hospitalizations
+35 PCR cases today than this day last week
106 cases under 50
91 under 40

nought
AG
lockett93 said:

The hospitalized man in 40's death announced today is the first person I've personally met that passed away from Covid. Sad to hear he didn't make it. He died Monday.
Thank you as usual for all the great data you post here.

Without violating any confidentiality, can you tell us whether he was a perfectly healthy 40-something before catching COVID-19, or were there certain things that made him perhaps at some risk?
lockett93
AG
Just an acquaintance, but I would say not a workout health but but also not really obese, not diabetic, I don't know about HTN or other factors.
theNetSmith
AG
thx, lockett.. that was my first question as well.

40s is way too young.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 104 new confirmed cases, 22 probable cases, 38 (+1) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 773 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 8356 (+805) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/29/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 104 (-8); 16.75% of total hospital capacity as of 1/28/21

lockett93
AG
Worldometer shows 3 more deaths than BCHD

Saturday's results include:

30 (-2) Covid ICU beds in use
104 (-8) Covid Hospitalizations
+1 PCR cases today than this day last week

trouble
AG
They obviously aren't updating it daily as we saw from the Monday death not being reported until Friday.
Born&Raised
There was a 30 year old male who died within the past couple of weeks ago as well. Maybe the youngest to pass yet in Brazos County
Rapier108
Born&Raised said:

There was a 30 year old male who died within the past couple of weeks ago as well. Maybe the youngest to pass yet in Brazos County
Sadly, it happens with numerous other viruses, including the flu, which kills perfectly healthy young people every single year. It doesn't change the fact that this virus has an extremely high survival rate for people under 70 and without certain preexisting conditions. Even for people over 70 and with preexisting conditions, the vast majority will still survive it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
dubi
AG
Born&Raised said:

I know a 27 yo who vapes and has had pneumonia multiple times that required hospitalization. So Covid could kill him.

Sometimes there are secrets behind the scenes. Vapers don't smell bad like cigarette smokers.

Just an example.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 102 new confirmed cases, 4 probable cases, 40 (+2) Brazos County residents hospitalized,369 tests, 1 death

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 8734 (+378) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/30/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 88 (-16); 13.54% of total hospital capacity as of 1/29/21

We have the first report of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region. Good news!

Belton Ag
AG
Good news on the hospital occupancy front. During the last three weeks I've had my 78 year old dad (cancer patient) in the ER with pretty severe Covid illness, only for him to be turned away and told to "monitor his condition." I'm thinking "I AM monitoring and that's why he's here."

Under normal circumstances I'm sure he'd have been admitted.
Born&Raised
Belton Ag said:

Good news on the hospital occupancy front. During the last three weeks I've had my 78 year old dad (cancer patient) in the ER with pretty severe Covid illness, only for him to be turned away and told to "monitor his condition." I'm thinking "I AM monitoring and that's why he's here."

Location? - non-specific of course
Belton Ag
AG
Born&Raised said:

Belton Ag said:

Location? - non-specific of course
College Station
lockett93
AG
Sunday's results include:

28 (-2) Covid ICU beds in use
88 (-16) Covid Hospitalizations
+4 PCR cases today than this day last week
58% in the 18-24 age group (59 people)

EBrazosAg
AG
We are entering the downward slope of any seasonal respiratory virus curve. Cases and test will lead the hospitalization and death curves due to the nature of this particular disease. We are trailing most of the country because we trailed them on the way into this increase. Likely due to latitude to a degree and other issues. Reasonable to anticipate a downward slope now and nadir in late April into May. Then a smaller increase June to July onward due to the season plus vaccines ... but I'm sure it will be sold at the time as the Apocalypse coming due to the South African ( or genetic variant of the month) danger .....
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 104 new confirmed cases, 20 probable cases, 43 (+3) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,073 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 8859 (+125) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/31/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 88 (-16); 13.84% of total hospital capacity as of 1/30/21

Day 2 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 61 new confirmed cases, 9 probable cases, 51 (+8) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 883 tests, 2 deaths - a hospitalized female in her 50's and a hospitalized male in his 70's

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 8918 (+59) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 2/1/21. With the Brazos Center now open, I expect this number to increase significantly in the coming days.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 87 (-1); 13.9% of total hospital capacity as of 1/31/21

Day 3 of less than 15% of total hospital capacity as COVID patients in our region.
Justin2010
AG
Covid cases fell in spite of the county not closing bars and reducing capacity at restaurants. Shocking.
isitjustme
AG
Justin2010 said:

Covid cases fell in spite of the county not closing bars and reducing capacity at restaurants. Shocking.
Yes, nice to be out of the 100s. A big reason the numbers fell is because mandatory testing for on campus students plus faculty/staff is now complete. You force a lot of people to take tests, a certain percentage will come back + whether or not symptoms are present.

Look for numbers to continue to fall even as the bars remain open and the restaurants at 75% or even if they return to 100%.
trouble
AG
We're also past the holiday surge. Which was caused by people getting together with friends/family and not by eating out/going to a bar.
First Page Last Page
Page 117 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.