B/CS number of cases update? 11-17-20 Staff Edit on OP

1,096,169 Views | 6626 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nosmo
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Today's numbers: 106 new confirmed cases, 28 probable cases, 69 (-2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,278 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 2575 (+87) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/12/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 161 (+8); 25.88% of total hospital capacity as of 1/11/21

MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 116 new confirmed cases, 70 probable cases, 1,252 tests, 64 (-5) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 3 deaths - a hospitalized male in his 50s, a hospitalized male in his 70s and a hospitalized female in her 70s.

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 2947 (+372) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/13/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 164 (+3); 25.88% of total hospital capacity as of 1/12/21
nought
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 116 new confirmed cases, 70 probable cases, 1,252 tests, 2 deaths

KBTX is reporting 3 deaths.
MiMi
S
Quote:

KBTX is reporting 3 deaths.
I see that. Sometimes the various reporting sites have differing numbers. The dashboard is only showing 150 deaths (+2) but KBX says 151. The node is still showing 148 deaths with 3 new??

https://maps.bryantx.gov/portal/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/aab56645d92d451e904f26db4d6f2d46

http://www.brazoshealth.org/node/94
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 172 new confirmed cases, 55 probable cases, 59 (-5) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,250 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 3820 (+873) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/14/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 161 (-3); 25.20% of total hospital capacity as of 1/13/21
FlyRod
I really hope our health care workers are holding up...for their sakes and ours.
scd88
AG
MiMi said:

Today's numbers: 172 new confirmed cases, 55 probable cases, 59 (-5) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,250 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 3820 (+873) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/14/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 161 (-3); 25.20% of total hospital capacity as of 1/13/21

Thanks, Mimi. 13% positivity rate.
Belton Ag
AG
Welp, count me in that group of positives, along with both of my parents, mid and late 70's.

Symptoms started Tuesday afternoon quickly and hit me like a freight train Wednesday morning.

jeffk
AG
Hope you guys all weather it well and it passes quickly!
Belton Ag
AG
jeffk said:

Hope you guys all weather it well and it passes quickly!
Thanks, bud.

I think I'm through the worst (and honestly if this is it, this didn't make my top 5 as far as getting sick) but I'm white knuckling for both my folks right now. Dad had an emergency room visit Tuesday morning because his blood oxygen level was so low he collapsed and couldn't move (that's what the docs told him was the cause, I thought perhaps he had had a stroke) but he got kicked loose later that evening and seems to be weathering OK for now.
MiMi
S
Be sure to check out Dr. Rev's thread in the coronavirus forum. He has a supplement cocktail he recommends.

Quote:

Quercetin from 250mg up to 1g twice per day Remember this is a Zinc ionophore.
Vitamin D3 Take this for sure if you are deficient and I now recommend taking it either daily or weekly as long as your values are not too high. Remember too much vitamin D can cause issues. However, if you are diagnosed with Covid-19 take 50,000IU immediately as this appears to have significant benefits.
Sleep greater than 8 hours per night
CoQ10 100-300mg per day: a potent antioxidant that potentially helps balance oxidative stress, increase vasodilation, prevent clot formation and decrease vasoconstriction.
Zinc any amount is probably good but take what you can tolerate without making you feel bad up to 40mg. You do not want to be Zinc deficient as it is how many drugs like HCQ work.
Melatonin 0.1mg to 10mg at night. Take what you can tolerate and what helps you sleep without making you feel drugged or tired in the morning. If you are diabetic watch your sugars.
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) - 600mg twice per day shown to decrease severity of influenza, improve lung functions in COPD, antioxidant properties, potentially helps prevent clotting and with mental disorders. Caution for asthmatics as there is potential for bronchospasm but this is rare.
Vitamin C 250mg to 500mg twice per day. Effects debatable in oral form but IV did help in China. But is proven to strengthen immune system
Green Tea either drink some or 1 pill per day alternate zinc ionophore if you don't have or don't take Quercetin
Famotidine 10-20mg twice per day potentially inhibits viral replication and helps with heartburn
Baby Aspirin 81mg aspirin to thin blood and help prevent clots but only after discussing with your physician to make sure you have no contraindications to its use.
AggiePhil
AG
There's a coronavirus FORUM??
MiMi
S
Forum 84:

Coronavirus/COVID-19 News & Information
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 103 new confirmed cases, 12 probable cases, 67(+8) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 1,614 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 4532 (+712) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/15/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 155 (-6); 24.68% of total hospital capacity as of 1/14/21
dubi
AG
It is nice to see the hospitalization number drop!
Goose83
AG
dubi said:

I'm afraid it'll jump back up in a couple of weeks due to the after effects of the students coming back to town.

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone's sake, though.
dubi
AG
Goose61 said:

dubi said:

I'm afraid it'll jump back up in a couple of weeks due to the after effects of the students coming back to town.

Hospitalizations did not rise when the kids came in August. I think the current spike is older folks getting together over Christmas and New Year's holiday.
cavscout96
AG
dubi said:

Goose61 said:

dubi said:

Hospitalizations did not rise when the kids came in August. I think the current spike is older folks getting together over Christmas and New Year's holiday.
agreed. The kids don't go to the hospital
lockett93
AG
[Please post this on the vaccine thread. Thank you. -Staff]
Belton Ag
AG
Goose61 said:

dubi said:

It won't.
Goose83
AG
I wasn't concerned about students coming back and filling up hospital beds, I was concerned about students coming back and infection at-risk locals (especially with the newer UK strain), and said locals filling up the hospital beds.
Belton Ag
AG
Goose61 said:

I wasn't concerned about students coming back and filling up hospital beds, I was concerned about students coming back and infection at-risk locals (especially with the newer UK strain), and said locals filling up the hospital beds.
That's not going to happen. You know - or should know - by now that A&M students, in town or on the moon, don't make much difference when it comes to spreading amongst at risk locals. Just stop.
Goose83
AG
Belton Ag said:

Just stop.
LOL.

I'll be sure and take that under advisement.

Edit: Sorry for the attitude in my reply, but I wasn't the only one with this concern, as I know several front-line staff members at both A&M and Blinn who are worried. Hopefully their concerns will be prove to unfounded by the passage of time, but the current infection rates should give one pause (not to mention the local vaccination response as well).
cavscout96
AG
Belton Ag said:

Goose61 said:

That's not going to happen. You know - or should know - by now that A&M students, in town or on the moon, don't make much difference when it comes to spreading amongst at risk locals. Just stop.
yes. the recent spike started when they LEFT town.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 106 new confirmed cases, 5 probable cases, 65 (-2) Brazos County residents hospitalized, 648 tests, 1 death

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 5210 (+678) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/16/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 155 (+0); 25.45% of total hospital capacity as of 1/15/21
FlyRod
Caveats about the messiness of the site aside, it looks like from the TAMU covid dashboard that cases are running about equally between students and staff/faculty. To be sure, these are only recent and few data points.
cavscout96
AG
That's due to an increase in staff infected. A trend for about the last 3 weeks.

dubi
AG
cavscout96 said:

That's due to an increase in staff infected. A trend for about the last 3 weeks.

Lots of older staff exposed / infected by their kids/adult children. We were exposed by out adult child who came home for Christmas; he tested positive after he returned home after Christmas. We quarantined for 2 weeks and never developed symptoms.
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
Many may not be interested in this and that's ok because I really don't have a theory or conclusion........

I ended up hosting 9 guests on the island this week (was expecting 2-3) and only had 48 hrs notice of the increase in numbers

7 of the 9 were confirmed infected between July and September. The other two were the two I was expecting and have been in contact with

The other 7 included two > 75 YOA, and three autistic kids (14-18 YOA) and all 7 told me that their symptoms were less than an annual bronchitis or allergies breakout.

AG
dubi said:

cavscout96 said:

Lots of older staff exposed / infected by their kids/adult children. We were exposed by out adult child who came home for Christmas; he tested positive after he returned home after Christmas. We quarantined for 2 weeks and never developed symptoms.

Yes.

The staff numbers at A&M were fairly steady, at about half to one third of where they were last week. Then they jumped AFTER the students left.
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 103 new confirmed cases, 17 probable cases, 68 (+3) Brazos County residents hospitalized,1,072 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 5556 (+346) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/17/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 154 (-1); 25.54% of total hospital capacity as of 1/16/21

Rapier108
According to WTAW, the death announced yesterday was a woman in her 90s who was hospitalized.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
lockett93
AG
Monday's results include:

34 (-2) Covid ICU beds in use
-32 PCR cases today than this day last week
43% in the 18-24 age group (42 people)

Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated.

LINK TO SPREADSHEET AND CHARTS
MiMi
S
Today's numbers: 101 new confirmed cases, 12 probable cases, 72 (+4) Brazos County residents hospitalized,1,072 tests, 0 deaths

Current Brazos County vaccination numbers: 5731 (+175) people vaccinated with at least one dose as of 1/18/21.

Total COVID hospitalizations in Region N: 161 (+7); 27.06% of total hospital capacity as of 1/17/21
lockett93
AG
Spreadsheet updated, chart tab updated
First Page Last Page
Page 115 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.